Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Harvinder KaurYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor would like to know how to increase my semen quantity And would like to know about ejaculation how much does a man should ejaculate in a day And does it harm my body if I ejaculate for 2 times a day.
I am 56 yrs old retired govt servant. I am suffering from diabetes since last 4 yrs. At present my fasting blood sugar level is 125. And pp 265. And a1c is 6.7%. From the last 4 months i feel very tired , pain under the deltoid region while sleeping . Legs feels numb. My TFT results are normal. Pls give me an advice.
I am suffering from hypo thyroid and my B12 level is also low. I feel sleepy all the day. What to do doctor? I am consuming thyroxine tablet 50 mg one no daily.
Are you looking for an effective way to managing your diabetes? Yoga is considered to be an ideal remedy. Regular yoga helps in reducing the sugar levels in your blood, and also lowers your blood pressure. It helps to keep your weight in check and relieves and reduces the symptoms of diabetes, thereby, slowing down the progression of the condition. Moreover, yoga helps in increasing the production of glucagon, which is a hormone responsible for increasing glucose levels in your blood. There are several yoga poses or asanas, which assist in reducing stress from your mind. This reduces the glucagon amount and improves insulin action.
Here are some important yoga poses and asanas, which help in stress reduction, and in turn work on your diabetic symptoms.
- Pranayama: This breathing exercise involves breathing in and breathing out. It helps in oxygenating your blood, thereby improving blood circulation. Your mind calms down and your nerves get relaxed.
- Setubandhasana: This yoga pose is ideal for blood pressure management, and also provides relaxation to your mind. It helps in improving several other conditions, and functions of your body.
- Balasana: This asana is referred to as the pose of a child. It is an ideal stress buster. It stretches your thighs, hips, and ankles, calms your mind and provides effective stress relief. It eliminates fatigue and cures lower back pain.
- Vajrasana: This is another simple yoga pose, which is ideal for providing relaxation to your mind. It is an important yoga asana, according to Ayurvedic beliefs.
- Sarvangasana: This yoga pose is renowned for its function of regulating the working of your thyroid glands. The thyroid glands control the functioning of your entire body, which includes your nervous, reproductive, and respiratory system. It also controls your body’s metabolism. This yoga pose nourishes your spine, supplying large amounts of oxygen and blood. This enables you to keep away from nervous system disorders, and improves your overall health. In short, it is an ideal overall stress buster.
- Halasana: This yoga asana is ideal for people who are stressed because of a bad posture, owing to long hours of sitting in a place. The pose stimulates your thyroid glands, lungs, parathyroid glands, and the organs in your abdomen. It helps the rush of blood to your face and head, keeping your hormone levels under supervision. It is effective for diabetic patients.
- Dhanurasana: It is another effective yoga pose that strengthens your backbone and back. It stimulates your reproductive organs, and works great in beating stress and fatigue. It is highly recommended to be practiced for diabetic patients.
Here is a list of food items you should include/cut down in your diet in case you have type 2 diabetes:
- Vegetables: You must have fresh or frozen vegetables and avoid using sauces, dips, fats or salts. Intake non-starchy vegetables like cucumber, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce and vegetables, which are dark green or yellow in color. Also have starchy vegetables such as corn, green peas, beans, carrots and yams. Avoid potatoes as they are pure starch.
- Fresh Fruits: You should include fresh fruits in your regular diet. Have apples, bananas, berries, papaya, cherries, grapes, melons, oranges, peaches, pineapples and raisins. Have whole fruits regularly, which do not contain added chemical sweeteners.
- Grains: Include grains in your diet and consume whole grains more. Whole grains are not processed and consist of the whole-grain kernel. Grains contain starch, which is a source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are bad for blood sugar. Hence, whole grains, which are rich in fiber are recommended. Fiber controls the blood-sugar level from shooting up. Fiber should be included in the form of bran of oat and wheat.
- Proteins: Coming to protein food items, you should consume fish and poultry items often. Always remove the skin from chicken or turkey properly before cooking. Buy lean meat and trim all the fat from meat. Avoid frying and use methods such as baking, roasting, grilling or boiling. Also use healthy oils for frying purpose.
- Dairy Products: In case of type 2 diabetes, always use dairy products, which are low in fat. Do not add sugar to milk, curd or yoghurt as they contain natural sugar. Do not consume more than three cups of milk a day.
- Oils and Fats: Cut down the intake of excessive oily and fatty foods. Avoid food items that contain high saturated fats such as bacon, hams, sausages and butter. Consume food with polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats. Oil raises blood-sugar level and is high in calorie and should be used in lesser amounts.
A type 2 diabetes patient needs to undergo several changes in his/her diet to keep a check on the rising blood sugar levels and for living as healthy as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a yoga-and-naturopathy.
Sir i am a diabetic . Patient. I take 26+26 unit insulin(human mixtard) before breakfast and dinner and also jalara-50 after breakfast.But my sugar level is always nearer to 200.
My father diabetic last 15 years now he is using insulin 40iu /35/70 morning 40 iu right 25 but his fbs 240 plbs 490 any suggestion please.
Hiiii sir my name is golu nd my age is 18 years old nd my plb is my body doing pain during playing so what I will I can.
Hello sir mujhe cough ki problem hai from 3 month and eyes bhi thodi pain hoti hai please suggest me.
I am suffering of bleeding and severe pain while going for motion and its paining continuously on that area whole day and I want a proper suggestion.
She has issue of sleeping, do regular sleep in the class having good health good appetite nice in studies but at night she sleeps up to 1 a. M.I want she should not sleep in the class.
I am facing headache from past few days and also getting vomiting daily. I am also getting fever. Can you please help.
Homeopathic coucil of india have advised not to take OTC inflenzim 200.A homeopathic medicine ,made by german pharma,as it is not effectine in present swine flu prevention,as per report of E IMA news.