Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Radiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harshita
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. HarshitaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. Diagnosed with 11 % of vitamin D. Calcium and phosphate levels are also down. Besides cervical 6-7 disc have chronic black bulge. Pain in neck shoulder upper back. Also lumbar spine 4-5 also bulge. It is sending pain down till sole of feet. What is the treatment ways?
Your ankle may get injured at any point in time, sometimes it can be driven by sudden trauma or injury or it may find its virtual roots into such serious problems like venous insufficiency, arthritis, heart disease and so on. When a complaint of the swallen ankle is made by a patient, at first before prescribing anything homoeopathic treatment follows a procedure of detailed investigation to manage it.
There are basically two types of treatments for swollen ankles. In the case of swollen ankles aggravated by some kind of injuries, arthritis homoeopathic medicines work independently while if any vital organ is involved in the swallen ankle, homoeopathic treatment would act there as a support to other medicines.
Homoeopathic Remedies For Swollen Ankles:
The most effective homoeopathic medicines for swollen ankles are as follows
- In the case of dropsical swelling over ankles: Apis Mellifica and Apocynum are the first to be named in this series. These are effectively used when one is found with dropsical swelling due to an accumulation of excessive fluids in the tissues. When the ankle gets swollen due to certain kind of injury it is preferable to use Apis Mellifica. On the other hand, dropsical swelling of ankles soon after cardiac diseases are likely to be treated with Apocynum.
- For Swollen Ankles Due To Arthritis: Where the ankle swelling is owing to arthritis, doctors generally prefer to prescribe Ledum Pal in such cases. The characteristic symptoms of this type of ankle swelling are hot and painful ankles. Ledum Pal has the reputation for working substantially in such cases.
- About The Top Grade Homeopathic Medicine For Swollen Ankles: Arnica is the most popular homoeopathic medicine for swollen ankle owing to injury. Arnica works wonderfully in resolving the swelling and reconciles the painful symptoms arising out of the injuries to the ankle.
- In Case Swollen Ankles Resulting From Sprain: Sometimes overstretching of the ligaments may lead to a sprain as the ligaments hold the joints in a place. Sprain ankle can be cured successfully with one of the most excellent homoeopathic medicines called Ruta. Besides curing sprain ankle, it also appears helpful in case of lameness or weakness in ankle joint. For its added effectiveness Ruta has been ranked among the best medicines for Swollen ankles.
- For The Ankle Swelling Due To Varicose Veins: If the ankle swells due to the varicose veins, there is a medicine called Hamamelis which works very fast in treating ankles swelled for varicose veins. If swelling happens due to varicose veins you may have come through the symptom like cutting pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The presence of a lump or a tumor in the breast is not always indicative of breast cancer. In some instances, the breast tumor can be benign or noncancerous as well. Thus, to understand breast cancer better, one should know the difference between a benign and malignant breast tumor. In this article, we will discuss the factors that differentiate a benign breast tumor from a malignant one.
- Breast Fibroadenomas are benign breast tumors that often affect women in their early 20s and 30s (can also affect women of other age groups). Research suggests that in spite of being benign and noncancerous, breast fibroadenomas make a woman more susceptible to breast cancer in the future.
- It may be difficult to decipher the underlying factor that triggers fibroadenomas. However, increased use of birth control pills (that results in an elevated estrogen level) can be a contributing factor.
- Thus, in spite of no discomfort, it is safe to get fibroadenomas removed by lumpectomy or by radiation therapy. There are also instances when fibroadenomas dissolved on their own.
- Sometimes, the lobules of the breast can undergo enlargement resulting in the formation of lumps (can be a tumor or a cyst) that are non-cancerous in nature. Such tumors are known as Adenosis.
- The benign tumor growth can also develop in the milk ducts of the nipples, a condition known as Intraductal papillomas (characterized by discharge from the nipples).
- To stay safe and lower the risk of breast cancer, doctors often recommend the removal of the tumor.
Differences between Benign and Malignant Breast Tumors
- One of the major factors resulting in a tumor is the abnormal growth of cells that could be triggered by an injury, an infection or prolonged inflammation.
- A factor that plays a pivotal role in differentiating malignant from benign breast lumps or tumors is its ability to metastasize or invade other organs, cells and tissues of the body.
- A malignant tumor starts off as a primary tumor that remains confined within its point of origin. Gradually, the cancerous growth metastasize, invading other neighboring as well as distant cells and body organs (Secondary cancer or tumor).
- Benign tumors, on the other hand, contains chemical adhesions that prevent their metastasis and invasion to the other vital organs in the body.
- As compared to malignant tumors, benign breast tumors, once removed, do not recur.
- On the cellular level, microscopic examination reveals that malignant breast tumors often contain unusual, mutated, and modified genes and chromosomes.
- More than often, malignant breast tumors give rise to Paraneoplastic Syndrome. The Paraneoplastic Syndrome is characterized by an elevated production of substances (can be antibodies or hormones) by the cancerous growths or tumors. The hormones or the antibodies circulate in the bloodstream and can alter the functioning of a host of vital body tissues and organs with deleterious health consequences.
Such things seldom take place in the case of benign breast tumors. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A broken bone or a fracture can be painful and it requires medical attention for the fracture to heal properly. Proper healing is necessary for the right alignment of the bone. A doctor chooses to either reduce or set the bone in terms of new alignment. The bone reduction can happen manually or surgically depending on the severity of the injury. A Surgical procedure known as the open reduction internal fixation is performed for serious fractures. It ensures that the all the broken pieces are fixed together and the injury can heal properly.
Post the fracture, the bone need to be immobilised for proper healing. This is generally achieved by imposing a cast. For fractures that are not severe in nature, a doctor might choose to impose a temporary cast so that simple motion can happen around the site of the injury. For serious fractures, a permanent cast is placed around the injury site. In the case of a shoulder injury, a patient is required to wear a sling so that the bones are immobilised.
Time Duration of a Therapy Session:
While the exact duration of physiotherapy can vary from individual to individual, it takes a minimum of 2-8 weeks for the fracture to completely heal. Certain fractures take more time to heal. The rate of healing also depends on the severity of the injury, pain threshold level of the patient, extent of work with the physiotherapist, the robustness of the physiotherapy program, extent of the injury of the soft tissue and certain other factors. Typically shoulder and neck injuries heal quicker than a fracture of the legs. The time duration of fracture healing also depends on the type of bone that has been affected.
Physiotherapy in a Hospital:
If the fracture happens in the ankle or leg, a physiotherapist might have to intervene in the hospital in order to teach patient about using assistive devices such as crutches and cane. Things that are taught during this time include using the device in order to climb stairs, right walking posture, getting into a car, taking the device off while sitting and such other techniques.
Physiotherapy at Home:
Physiotherapy can also happen from home if the doctor specifically instructs to do the same. This is typically done for people where the condition is too serious to go outside and get the physiotherapy done. Certain weight bearing restrictions are imposed around this time. The training remains the same as in the case with a hospital.
In the Clinic:
Once the patient becomes mobile enough, a doctor might suggest a patient go to a clinic to get the physiotherapy done. A physiotherapist evaluates certain things such as pain, range of motion, gait, flexibility etc. of the patient before suggesting a certain exercise plan. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
1. You felt a lump in your breast and it always means you have breast cancer.
It's a small percentage of breast lumps only that will turn out to be cancer. If you discover a persistent lump in your breast or notice any changes in breast tissue, never ignore it. You must see a physician for a clinical breast examination. He or she may possibly order breast imaging studies to determine if this lump is of concern or not.
Take charge of your health by performing routine breast self-exams, establishing ongoing communication and counseling with your doctor, getting an annual clinical breast exam, and scheduling your routine screening mammograms.
2. Only women get breast cancer, men do not.
Quite the contrary, each year it is estimated that approximately 2,190 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 410 will die. While this percentage is still small, men should also check themselves periodically by doing a breast self-exam while in the shower and reporting any changes to their physicians.
Breast cancer in men is usually detected as a hard lump underneath the nipple and areola. Men carry a higher mortality than women do, primarily because awareness among men is less and they are less likely to assume a lump is breast cancer, which can cause a delay in seeking treatment.
Recent research suggests that short-term (less than five years) use of HRT is not associated with an increase in the risk of breast cancer, but that using it for more than ten years might be. Breast cancer is detected earlier in women using HRT, as they are more alert to the disease than other women.
My mother is a diagnosed case of carcinoma right breast. Her surgery has been done on 28.05.2017 at Delhi where her infected breast has been removed completely. And doctor has said after seeing biopsy report that only chemotherapy will be done radiation not required. And we started her chemotherapy at kolkata from different doctor as Kolkata is near to my hometown And her 6th and last chemo therapy is over on 11.10.2017. Biopsy report says that my mother breast cancer cell her 2/neu is 3+ and comment Her 2 gene amplification issue at18-20% of invasive breast cancer as per biopsy report. Staging is-mpT2N0Mx. The whole body scan pet has been done where its found that cancer has not spread to any other part of body. The consulting chemotherapy doctor also initially said that only chemotherapy will be done no radiation required but now when 6th last chemotherapy is over he is saying that radiation will also be done. Which will continue for 3 week 5 days each week. Please help sir/mam why he is suggesting it now? Is that for business purpose only? Whats is side effect of radiation Plss pls guide sir/mam. Thanks in advance.
The symptoms caused due to herniated disc can be very severe and can also cause a bit of disability. The disc of the spine is like a cushion and separates the set of bones on the backside. The discs are shock absorbers of the spine and are mainly composed of 2 parts, a soft jelly-like centre called the nucleus and a tough outer covering called the annulus.
Effects of Herniated Disk
A herniated or cracked disc is a severe condition and it seems to happen most commonly in the lower back or neck. It happens when a fraction of the soft centre gets pushed through the destabilized area due to degeneration, trauma or by putting pressure on the spinal column.
Nerves located at the back of every disc are responsible for transmitting pain, motor impulse, bladder control etc. in our body. While a disc gets herniated, the external covering of the disc tears and creates a bulge. The soft jelly gets shifted from the centre of the disk to the region where the damage has occurred on the disc. Most commonly, the bulge occurs in areas where the nerve is located and it causes strain and irritation of the affected nerve. It has been observed that individuals may or may not feel any painful sensations even if their disc gets damaged. Other symptoms may be weakness of muscle groups or difficulty in controlling the bladder.
When is surgery recommended for herniated disc?
Surgery for herniated disc is recommended only after options like rest and pain relievers do not work. If the pain persists even after these options, then it becomes important to go for surgery. Surgery is also considered early if there is weakness of muscle groups or acute problem in bladder control. At times, emergency surgery is also required to avoid paralysis in a patient.
However, there are certain risks involved in this surgery like infection, bleeding or nerve damage. There are chances that the leftover disc may bulge out again. If you are a patient suffering from degenerative disc disease, then there are chances that problem occurs in other discs. It is very important that a patient maintains healthy weight to prevent any further complications.
The main factor that increases the risk of herniated disc is excess body weight, which causes a lot of stress on the lower back. A few people become heir to a tendency of developing this condition. Even individuals with physically demanding jobs are prone to this condition.
Activities like bending sideways, pushing, twisting, repetitive lifting can increase the risk of a herniated disk. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.