Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Harsha JainYour feedback matters!
First time sex karte jab kya mere female partner ko kuch pain hoga internal stomach ache aur haan hymne me please tell.
Hi doc,i am 29 .i hv most of the time regular period, in some months 2-3 days late period. Now we hv planning for kid. That's why we r trying from feb 2017. Last month my period was 6 days late.
Hi I get some white discharge sometimes is it normal or I am having some problem. It's not everyday.
My wife is pregnant of 3 months. Her blood group is o-ve & mine is o+ve. At what time ICT test should be done.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.
Common Cause of Infertility in Males
Problems with male fertility can be caused by a number of health issues and medical treatments,we at India IVF Clinic have best treatment of male infertility. Some of these include:
• Ejaculation issues
• Antibodies that attack sperm
• Undescended testicles
• Hormone imbalances
• Sperm duct defects
• Chromosome defects
• Problems with sexual intercourse
• Certain medications
• Prior surgeries
My spouse got cracked nipple problem. She has 15 month baby with breastfeeding. She is using nipcare cream and some antibiotics which was prescribed by her doctor but not getting relief.
I am suffering from breast pain, as I consulted to our neighbouring doctors they said that, it is an hormonal variation & hence the pain occurs. But the pain is not stopped, what should I do further now?
How to balance the hormonal imbalance through food. To achieve regular periods I have pcod and hypothyroid.
Actually i'm 20 years old girl and my vagina lips are dark very dark but i'm fair. My whole body is fair but vagina lips and near vagina it's dark it's very embarrassing.
Fitness info - Newer ways to fitness
Fitness buffs are finding ways to perk up their workouts. And it doesn't have to be as boring with fads like clubbercise crawling and paddling the workouts to 90s classics and charts hits in a dark room with glowsticks
Crawling: It can burn upto 1000 calories an hour. It is on own body weight as lot of versions army crab walk inch worm that tone different muscle groups.
Clubbing: Clubbercise is perfect for old ravers. Dance workouts with all the fun of a night out without a hangover the next day and can burn 500 calories in an hour.
Back to school: Rabble is an hour of school games like hopscotch reworked for grownups for newer generations. And it can burn upto 1000 calories in a session.
Paddleboard: No one can forget the picture of naked orlando bloom on paddleboard last summer, but no need to strip off for this fitness craze which tones every muscle in the body and burn 400 calories per hour.
Get wet: Water workouts are set to make a big splash. Aqua aerobics is a circuit training classes in the pool with timed sprints lengths that isolate top or bottom half and planks at the poolside and expects to burn 500 calories per session
I have given birth to twins 15 days ago. As my feeding is not sufficient for both am confused between opting for cows milk or lactogen 1 powder as doctors give different suggestions. Kindly support your suggestion with reason.
I am not getting periods regularly and some time I get twice so please advise me a tablet for regular periods?
Liver does everything for you right from digestion, metabolism, immunity and the storage of nutrients to detoxifying your body. So, take care of your liver and it will inturn take care of you for better life.Thus, cleanse, rejuvinate and detoxify your liver with these to remain free from obesity, cardiovascular disease, chronic fatigue, headaches, digestive problems, allergies and many other health problems.
1. Garlic : To promote liver health, use fresh raw garlic instead of processed, minced garlic or powder.Eat 2 to 3 raw garlic cloves daily and include garlic in your cooking whenever possible.
2. Grapefruit : Drink a small glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice or enjoy the whole fruit with your breakfast daily.Moreover, the flavonoid naringenin in grapefruit helps break down fat.
Note: If you are on medications, consult your doctor before taking this fruit as it may interact with certain drugs.
3. Beetroots: they are the best blood purifiers.Simply add fresh beetroots or juice to your daily diet. Make a powerful liver-cleansing salad with 1 cup of chopped or grated beetroots, 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil and the juice of ½ lemon. Mix all the ingredients together and eat 2 teaspoons of it every 2 hours during the day for a week.
4. Lemons: lemon promotes mineral absorption by liver.Make lemon water at home by adding the juice of 1 lemon to a jar of water. You can even add chopped lemons to it. Drink this water at regular intervals. If desired, add a little honey.
5. Green Tea: By drinking green tea daily, you can help your body flush out toxins and fat deposits, while increasing hydration levels.Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily. If desired, sweeten your tea with honey.
Note: Avoid drinking green tea in excess as it can have an adverse impact on your liver and other body parts.
6. Avocados: The high amount of monounsaturated fat in avocados helps reduce low-density lipoproteins or “bad” cholesterol and increase high-density lipoproteins or “good” cholesterol. The liver easily processes good cholesterol.
Eat 1 to 2 avocados per week for a couple of months to help reverse liver damage.
7. Turmeric: The compound curcumin in turmeric induces the formation of a primary liver detoxification enzyme called glutathione S-transferase. It also helps regenerate damaged liver cells.Mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of water and boil it. Drink it twice daily for a couple of weeks.
8. Apples: An apple a day is the secret behind a healthy liver. Apples are a good source of pectin, a soluble fiber that helps remove toxins from the digestive tract and cholesterol from the blood, in turn preventing the liver from being overworked.
9. Walnuts: The high amount of the amino acid l-arginine in walnuts aids the liver in detoxifying ammonia. Moreover, walnuts contain glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids, which aid the natural liver-cleansing process.Munch on a handful of walnuts as a snack daily.
10. Broccoli: The high fiber content in broccoli improves the digestion process. Moreover, it contains fat-soluble vitamin E, an important antioxidant for the liver to carry out its functions.
Eat 1 cup of broccoli 3 times a week to keep your liver healthy.
Also, to keep your liver healthy, eliminate or reduce animal foods as well as alcohol, refined sugar, excess caffeine and processed foods from your diet. In addition, stop smoking as it causes significant damage to different organs of the body, including the liver