Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
While brushing my teeth in the morning and when I gargle my mouth with water, blood comes out. I do not know whether its my gums or from my throat. But my gums are not cut or anything.
I am a 18 years old female I am constantly fainting from many days I tried a lot of pills but they are not working. What should I do? I have my exams coming in a weeks time?
I am suffering from esphagitis grade a and taken few medicine to suppress the acid reflux. But along with that I am having sore throat since last 4-5 months. Please my doctor says that I don' t have any issue in throat but I am still feeling pain and sore throat. Please please advice what could be the reason of the throat pain. Thanks in advance.
Sir, I have a throat infection by changing weather it will cause pain and getting fever. Please help me.
Dizziness is usually described as variety of sensations, which comprise of a feeling of faintness, unsteady, weak, light headed, giddy or woozy. When dizziness causes a false feeling of spinning and the moving surroundings is known as vertigo.
Dizziness can be one of the most common reasons for a visit to the doctor. However, constant feeling of dizziness can affect a person's life drastically, but it is rarely life threatening. The treatment of dizzy sensation and dizziness mostly depends on the symptoms.
Causes of Dizziness
The common causes of dizziness are medication, motion sickness and ear problems, especially disturbances of the inner ear. An injury, infection or poor blood circulation can also lead to dizziness. The triggers of dizziness and the sensations it provides are used to evaluate the cause. Also, the duration of the dizziness and the symptoms lead to a clue towards the cause of the same.
Dizziness Caused by the Inner Ear Problems
The balance of the body depends on the combined effort of many parts of the sensory system. These are:
- Sensory Nerves: These send messages to the brain in regard to the body positions and its movements
- Inner Ear: The inner ear has the organ of corti which are responsible for detecting the motions and thereby help in the balance of the body.
In vertigo a person might feel that the things around them are moving, thus creating a swaying or a spinning motion. Vertigo is usually caused by the problems of the inner ear.
The common causes are:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), this happens when the calcium particles accumulate in the inner ear canals. The inner ear is responsible for the body movements and balance.
- Meniere's disease, a problem of the inner ear mainly caused by the build up of the fluids, thereby leading to a change in pressure. This causes vertigo along with hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Vestibular neuritis is the problem of the inner ear and is largely due to infection. Infection leads to swelling of the nerves of the inner ear which affect the body movements.
Treatment of Vertigo Includes:
- Rehabilitation of the vestibular system by physical therapy in order to strengthen it.
- Canalith repositioning by suggesting some body and head movements basically for BPPV. These movements help to move the calcium deposits from the inner ear canals to one of the chambers, which are further absorbed by the body. When the canaliths (calcium deposits) move, it might give rise to vertigo.
- Medicines are given to relieve symptoms of motion sickness and nausea. Antibiotics can be taken in case of infection and swelling.
- Surgery in some cases.
I have been suffering from allergic running nose or stuffy nose for the last 2.5 years. I used so many anti allergic and other medicines as well. Consulted many doctors, even then my allergy is not cured. I am unable to bear these frequent sneezing and running nose , heavy face and complete inconvenience caused because if this allergy.
I have been suffering from bad cold today but I've to attend an IMPORTANT meeting tomorrow morning! I can't go for it with a watering nose! Please suggest a fast method to cure! Quickly!
I have stomach infection due to which I am feeling dizziness and have an headache. Please consult on the same. Medicines which I have been taking for infection is Orni O andreko olD. Are these medicines fine or have to be changed.
Sir, I getting please pains in right ear and coming out yellowish fluid. Doctor had checked and found that holes in drum. So it is adviced that go for surgery. But my left ear not ok and cannot hear also. Whether after from surgery can I hear? please is it is successful? please guide the expert opinion. Thanks
I'm a teenage girl. After masturbating, I start getting slight headaches, dizzy and the areas around my ears are somewhat numb and hot like I'm having a fever. What should I do.
Sir I have a problem my nose n throat. Actually m suffering from farenzities. So wen ever m in ac room my nose feels lyk burning when minhaling .moreoverI sneeze continuously n my olfactory indicators r not working properly as a result I dnt get the smell of food whiteeating. N yeah thick mucus type cough comes out. From my neck. N sometimes a small food particle like comes from my neck I dont know from where but I think it cones from the place where nose n mouth r connected. N this thing is really very foul smell.. So what is it. Kindly answer all these. Thank you.
I have been having snoring issue for quite some time now. I am also overweight. Wife has started sleeping in a different room. What do I do?
I am 32 years old. I suffer a lot from throat itching. I have thyroid also. Suggest me for throat itching.
What is treatment for itchy running nose with lots of sneezing followed by chest congestion and wheezing during nights due to allergy? Pl suggest me. How to get rid of it. It is for almost last 20 years. I am 42 years old employee.
There are various type of nosebleed that can be caused by a variety of conditions. While some of them may not be too serious, one must never ignore heavy and persistent nosebleed. Nosebleeds are of two kinds: anterior nosebleed and posterior nosebleed. While 90% of all nosebleeds are anterior nosebleeds, the posterior nosebleeds are far less common and may be slightly more serious in nature. An anterior nosebleed is usually caused in the blood vessels that lie on the front portion of the nose and can be controlled easily. A posterior nosebleed usually comes from damage to an artery in the rear portion of the nose. Infection, trauma, allergic reactions and other such causes may be behind a nosebleed.
Let us cast a glance on the tips to prevent nosebleeds.
- Salt water and saline nose drops can be used in order to prevent nosebleeds. It is important to take these on a regular basis in case you are experiencing these nosebleeds on a regular basis.
- You can also consult doctor, who may prescribe blood thinners so that the blood does not clot and lead to a nosebleed. You will need to ensure that you take such medication only when the doctor prescribes the same.
- The use of painkillers like Aspirin and other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs must be limited. Sometimes, taking such medication too frequently may lead to nosebleeds.
- You would do well to control your blood pressure because hypertension and other forms of high blood pressure can also cause nosebleeds. Lifestyle changes like your diet and exercise can help in keeping a more stable blood pressure level so that you do not fall prey to frequent nosebleeds.
- Humidify your home with a humidifier so that the air does not get too dry. Many times, this causes nosebleeds. Also, you may want to keep the heat down in the bedrooms. Many nosebleeds happen due to too warm temperatures while you are sleeping.
- Nose picking should also be discouraged as it can lead to nosebleeds in case there is a scratch or any other kind of damage when you try to force the dirt out.
- It has also been found that smoking has a connection with nosebleeds. This can be fixed if the patient quits smoking.
- One should not use nasal sprays without a prescription from a doctor. This also includes antihistamines, decongestants as well as other medicated sprays. These may not suit the patient at all times, and may also lead to nosebleeds.
In the event of a nosebleed, you will need to lean forward with your head tilted backwards. This will stem the bleeding. If it is possible, you must also try and lie down immediately for a few minutes.