Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. HarshYour feedback matters!
Sir my mom have leg pains when I consult doctor they said a liquid like material should present between the knee bones and its over due to working and they said to overcome this there is need to do operation can it be cured without operation? if yes please tell how.
I am from powai mumbai married and maharashtrian my weight is 85 kg from two weeks I have started walking and running but now I getting pain in my both knees and also I am not able to loose weight because of my upper part of the body i. E from waist please tell me what to do exactly and how to loose weight.
I have sever joint pain it also swell in winter season so give me any succession to recover from It.
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people, low back ache can be troublesome. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief, they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger and has no side effects.
Intrigued! Take a look at these Ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain:
- Cut out on spices: We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches.
- Warm your body: According to Ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
- Padahastasana: Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana, stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Anuloma Viloma: Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
- Bishop's weed seed tea: Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of Ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches.
I got muscular pain below knee while running. Particularly when regular. But not while I run after rest of a day or more. What it's reason and how it will be prevented.
I am above 20 year old guy. I have been driving since last 5 years as my job. My backbone is paining now. and I am Not able go drive for long. So what shoud I do?
Im going to gym for two days for the first time ever. I can not lift my hands. I can not do my day to day activities. Its painful. How long the pain continues. Im not too fatty. I have little belly fat and little huge thighs. Im going for fitness not body building. I really can not tolerate. Pls suggest me to continue going gym or leave?
I have a pain in neck when i see up i am feeling draseness as my room is rotating round and round suggest me tips
My leg is paining since three weeks. I use sone pain killer twice a day. What should I do. I am 25 years male.
Hello Doctor, I am 34 years old now, after my first delivery I got osteo otherwise problem in left hip joint and I was advised by the doctors for joint replacement operation but I didn't undergone for operation. But now I am planning to replace my hip joint, please advise if I go for this operation will I be able to walk as usual and how would be the condition after the operation will it be worst than before? Is this ok if I am not planning for hip joint replacement? Or Will it cause any major disability in future in my aging. Please advise and let me know any few example if you have seen in your career. Thanks.
For the last one year I feel some problem. While sitting on the chair I feel imbalance and sometimes I have to hold something to make me sit properly. While walking also I sometimes feel the improper balance. Local doctor says it might be from spondylitis. Sometimes I feel stress in my eyes while watching continuously something. My BP is 140/90 and I take medicine for BP regularly. My age is 36 years.
Herniated disc, bulged disc, protruded intervertebral disc (PIVD) are the different names of one condition. This is a condition where- disc in between the two vertebral bodies starts peeping out on one side- anterior or posterior. These discs are just like the bags filled with liquid material, which work like shock-absorbent. There are several hard bony vertebrae in the vertebral column and there is plenty of movements with these vertebrae. When we look on one side to other side, we look upwards, downwards or we twist and even we bend forward or backward in each and every condition, there will be a movement in these bones, these discs decide the free movements of the spine. Along with this- when we walk or run there will be shocks and jerks to all these bones and these bags decide that there wont be any kind of jerks in between the bones. So, these discs are of multiple uses.
Our spine is inverted “S” shaped. There are two main curvatures in the spine which are free to move- Cervical and Lumbar curvatures. These curvatures of the spine are maintained due to the spaces in between the two vertebrae. Whenever there is a loss or change (specially reduction) of this space between two vertebrae- pressure will be exerted on the intervertebral discs. This uneven pressure on the disc causes- protrusion/bulge/herniation of the disc- this is the condition known as SLIPPED DISC, in layman language. Why does disc slip
Generally, slipped disc condition is diagnosed by its signs and symptoms. When slipped disc starts exerting pressure on the nerves surround the disc- the nerve will be excited which gives sensation of- Pain, Burning or Numbness in the related area of the nerve. This sensation can travel long far away to the areas, which are being supplied by the nerve and can be limited to a particular location in neck or back even. Sign & Symptoms of Slipped Disc.
Ayurveda about Slipped Disc
Where modern medical (Surgical) sciences believes that this is a problem of just bones and joints of the vertebral disc besides this Ayurveda takes a “Wholistic” (Complete and wholesome) approach towards this and tells that this is a problem at three levels-
- Mamsa Dhatu, Asthi Dhatu, Majja Dhatu!!
- These are different tissue levels according to Ayurveda- Mamsa is muscles, Asthi represents bones and the Majja denotes everything which is in between and in the bones.
- Mamsa (the muscles) starts stiffening due to the dryness – improper diet and imbalanced lifestyle and deteriorate the curvature of the spine- which leads to the deterioration of the intervertebral discs.
- Asthi (the bony tissue) is affected due to the muscles.
- Majja (the disc and the neural tissue- spine) is compressed due to the pressure and all effects.
So, we need to treat the condition, wisely and in a wholesome manner, rather just to removal of the protruded tissues (Laminotomy) and this is the basic reason- there are risks associated to the surgery of the spine and in almost more than 45% cases patients had to go for a second surgery to stay pain free. Why Surgery for spine doesn’t succeed. Secondly, this is a mechanical problem so medicines alone can give you temporary relief rather than the cure- So better you save your money and invest it on complete cure for the problem, rather than just taking the pain killers and medicines which were indicated in epilepsy to just reduce the signs and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
About 5 to 6 months back I experienced this stabbing pain in my right hip when I tried to stand or walk while sitting I did not feel it. I am experiencing the same problem now. I have no swelling, redness or stiffness in my hip just this intense pain in my hip due to which sometimes my whole right leg feels numb. This is the second time and the pain is unbearable I cannot even sleep because every now and then when I turn I feel this bolt of pain. I would really appreciate some advice on what I am suffering from and to know if it is serious.
Sir my hand got surgery last year I am feeling good know but some times feeling pain should I use the medicines regularly or not.
This method of ancient Unani treatment involves sucking the congested blood from inside the body to the surface of the skin through the application of heat, which results in normal blood flow and get rid of back pain.