Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harsh Lata PeplaniYour feedback matters!
After delivery. What should I have to do for weight loose? bcoz I have gained 25 kg weight than my nrmal weight that was 62 kg during pregnancy. Honey, warm water and nibu is useful for weight loose in early morning or not? please rply. M just worried about my weight. Please please please rply.
I am 22 yrs old female from Chennai. My height is 151 cm and weight 76 kgs. I have PCOS cysts in both ovaries and taking NORMOZ tablet for it. I am hypothyroid and taking medication for that and it is in control now. TSH is 4.17. I have kidney stone in right kidney since past two years. I have no pain or symptoms. Urea value is 22 and creatinine is 0.8. But the ultrasound showed that size has slightly increased (5.9 mm) What should I do for it? My cholesterol level is high. The ultrasound I did showed a fatty liver. My cholesterol level is 196 and LDL is 13. LDL to HDL ratio 2.7. Is it a risk factor? Should I take any medication for it? How to bring it to normal level? I am attaching my reports regarding cholesterol, thyroid, etc. Please have a look and comment about it. I have lot of dandruff in my hair. I am using shampoos suggested by my dermatologist but yet have lot of powdery dandruff. What is solution for it? Please answer all my queries above. Thanks.
My sexual life is satisfied penis is properly entrd in vagina .and discharge of sperm also proper. But after sex when I go to washroom some quantity of sperm drop down with urine .why this happened. I want pregnancy so I have not take any risk please give me answer.
Hi It has been 15 days I did not get my periods. I am a virgin. I am 19 years old. Last month I did have a lot of junk food but I have stopped it now. I also have gained 2 kgs. My periods are usually two days early. Am I pregnant? I never had any intercourse? y are my periods this late? my haemoglobin is 11. Please help.
I am 23. I have my last periods from 11aug 2016 to 16aug 2016. I follow a regular cycle of 28 days. I lost my virginity on 17aug 2016 to my boyfriend but he used a condom. It's 16 sep today I dint get periods yet. I don't experience any signs of pregnancy only a little backpain which is normal during periods. Also I find my vagina dry and sometime little bit of white discharge from last 2-3 days. Can it be pregnancy?
I'm 22 years old having skin itching, skin redness. I had tried everything but it happen quite frequently. Also this time I didn't have my periods on time it's 35 days late. Please suggest.
Hello sir, I had unprotected sex with my partner on Monday morning ie Dec 5 th 2016, I just wanted to know can I get her I pill now? And any other natural methods to avoid pregnancy? Please help me .thank you.
Few day earlier my wife has aborted a 9 weeks baby .but still milk production occurs from his breast .is it normal or after few days it will automatically?
Iron is definitely one of the most important ingredients and nutrients that we require. Most of the health problems in the world are caused due to iron deficiency, including low immunity and anaemia, among many others. The lack of iron can lead to a variety of development delays and can also affect the haemoglobin levels in the blood which gives rise to symptoms like dizzy spells and fatigue.
So what are the underrated facts about iron that we need to know? Read on to know more!
- Transport of Oxygen: Iron is credited with the transport of oxygen within the human body. It is a well known fact that all the cells, atoms and tissues in our body need oxygen, in order to grow and maintain livelihood. The red blood cells in our body are a good source of this oxygen as they contain an iron rich protein called haemoglobin. This element is what takes the oxygen which is later released in a more targeted manner. While two grams of oxygen can exist in the cells at any given point, this supply can diminish if the dietary iron intake reduces which can lead to a condition called anaemia.
- Production of Energy: Iron is also an element that helps in the metabolism, which has great implications for the various organs and muscles of the human body. The cells of our body are known to burn these calories in the diet so as to create energy which activates these organs. If the iron resources become low in these cells, then the process does not take place in a proper manner, which can lead to symptoms like fatigue before the organ functionality gets compromised.
- Iron Rich Food: The kind of foods and materials contain iron include legumes, lentils, fish, tofu, seafood, pork, soybeans, liver, green vegetables like spinach and ladies fingers, raisins, strawberries, and other fortified food like cereals. It is a well known fact that plant foods tend to contain lower levels of iron as compared to animal foods like red meat. Also, there are many spices that are rich in iron including cumin and cardamom, which can be used on a daily basis to pepper your salads and stir fry preparations.
- Cooking and Storage: Iron usually gets sucked out of food when the food is cooked for long or processed and packaged under highly intense condition or with excessive salt additives. Also, when you cook plant sources too much, then the iron can escape by way of the water that it leaves, which evaporates.
Find out a good way to bring iron into your diet, but remember that too much of iron can also lead to toxicity.
Hai doctor. I want to know that infection on the mouth of uterus can cause wrong tube test report n also create difficulty getting d sperm entered.
I have very bad stomach pain and no periods from 4 month, I have used pregnancy test shows negative. What should I do?
At my first delivery my doctor said that I have a "CPT" (in hindi AADI HADDI) so normal delivery is not possible so, I have gone through the surgery. I want to know is that any kind of problem in delivering normal with CPT. Aur kya aisa such me kuch CPT jaisa hota hai kya. Please let me know.
If you are in an area which has a lot of mosquitoes, any fever that is not subsiding in a couple of days is a cause for concern as it can be due to dengue. It is one of the dreadful diseases doing the rounds in the recent years and when someone complains of fever and joint pain problem, the first question we ask if they got checked for dengue. This is caused by a virus that is carried by an infected mosquito.
The blood is made up of 3 types of cells mainly that are in a liquid medium called the plasma. The red blood cells are the oxygen-carrying cells and the white blood cells fight infection and provide immunity. The third type are the platelets, they are smaller than the other two and help in blood clotting. With dengue fever, both the white blood cell count and the platelet count are decreased. Normal platelet count in the body ranges from 1.5 to 4 lacs and in patients with dengue; this can go down to as low as 20,000 to 40,000. This is because of the following:
- Dengue suppresses bone marrow, which is the platelet-producing area, leading to decreased platelet count.
- Blood cells affected by dengue virus damage platelets, leading to their drastic fall in numbers
- Antibodies produced in dengue also lead to massive destruction of platelets
Patient presents with nonspecific symptoms including a high fever that does not subside, vomiting, pain behind the eyes, headache, nausea, and severe muscular and joint pain. The eye pain and the joint pain lead to the suspicion of the dengue fever. Symptoms develop after 4 to 7 days after the bite. The fever lasts for about 5 to 7 days and is followed by a prolonged period of fatigue, joint pains, body pain, and rashes (learn more about Painful Rashes).
For the sake of confirming the diagnosis, the doctor will run some lab tests. These include testing for antibodies IgG and IgM, PCR testing to check the virus and a complete blood count. This will reveal the decrease in the white blood cells and the platelets to a significant degree. Whether or not a person requires platelet transfusion will be decided by the doctor based on the person’s age, immunity levels and severity of the disease.
There isn't a particular level below which a person would require platelet transfusion. In aged people and with people who have other chronic diseases, platelet transfusion may be required even if the blood count is about 50,000. The doctor will decide this based on the patient’s health. The right thing to do is to go for a medical consultation and discuss your situation with the doctor and identify what needs to be done for your condition specifically.