Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harsh Lata PeplaniYour feedback matters!
Dear sir. On april 5th and april 7th I had intercourse with my girlfriend. Her last period was on 31st march. But exactly after one week yesterday 1st may she missed her period. Is there any possibilities of pregnancy? She feel more pain while having intercourse so I inserted only one inch of my penis into her vagina. And I does not use any protection. But at the time of ejaculation I took out my penis but on 7th april the time when I eject my penis exactly I ejaculated. I have a little doubt if sperms gone into vagina. But 90% of my sperm was ejaculated outside. But she felt some periodic symptoms before two three days. But she doesn't have period till now. Please explain doctor. Thank you.
Oats vs Cornflakes - What should you start your day with?
Oats and cornflakes are both considered to be ideal breakfast options due to their ability to boost your energy levels and keep you full for long hours. But which one of them is the healthier choice? Let’s have a look at their nutritional values so that you can decide which of them to have for breakfast daily.
1. Calorie content
Oatmeal has low calorie content, which amounts to be about 68 calories per 100 gm serving. Comparatively, 100 gm cornflakes contain about 357 calories. So, if you plan to keep your calorie consumption to a minimum, opt for oatmeal.
2. Fibre content
Cornflakes have the upper hand here. 100 gm of cornflakes contain about 3.3 gm dietary fibre in comparison to 1.7 gm fibre present in the same amount of oats. Dietary fibre is beneficial for your body as it lowers the level of bad cholesterol, regulates blood-sugar and aids proper bowel movements.
3. Vitamin A content
Cornflakes are rich sources of vitamin A, containing about 1786 IU per 100 gm serving. This makes it a better choice as a daily dose of vitamin A in ample amount improves your vision, helps in bone growth and boosts your immunity. On the other hand, 433 IU of vitamin A is present in 100 gm oats.
4. Fat content
Both cornflakes and oats are low in fat content with 100 gm of cornflakes having 0.4 gm fat and the same quantity of oats having 1.4 gm fat.
The scales are tipped more or less equally in favour of both cornflakes and oatmeal, and you can have either or both of them for breakfast.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 26 years old I took pregnancy test today it was positive I had my last period on 22 march my cycle is 40 days I want to know how much weeks am pregnant.
After giving birth my wife have lost interest in sex. She hardly gets orgasm once a month that too after her menstrual periods. please help.
I am 30 years old single woman. I had my periods on 10th which last for 4 days as usual. So I just want to know if a Dr. can examine that I already had my periods or not. Because due to some circumstances m lying to my partner that I have not had my periods n we had sex on the same month. So he is insisting me to visit Dr. without testing it. He mite have doubt dat m lying. So will dat Dr. reveal dat I already had my periods?
Here are 7 things to adopt for your bed time-
1) Plan for next day: Preparing in advance always gives you more time and leaves you stress free. Things like looking for keys, deciding what to wear etc make you late and add to your morning stress. Prepare also for breakfast or what to cook the next day. Planning at night doesnt take much time and makes your next day start on a good note.
2) Shut out the buzz: Most of us say goodnight to family and head to bed only to spend the next hour checking Facebook and social media. Or you end up watching a funny video or movie late into the night. If you keep yourself distracted, you can't go off to sleep early or get quality sleep. The light from your gadget's screen can be harmful and stress inducing. It is best to give yourself an hour away from your mobile phone or other gadgets before you sleep.
3) Write a 'Thank-You' Diary: There are many ways to become a more positive person and the best is to have appreciation. Try finding out that 1 thing (more is better) that you are thankful for. Do it everyday. This practice right ahead of your sleep time calms you down, makes you feel happy, satisfied and goes on a long way in contributing to a heathy lifestyle.
4) Stretch it out: Like most people do you also have a job where you keep sitting for long hours? Stretching really works, it helps lengthen tendons and muscles and can reduce the frequency and severity of cramps ensuring you get a better night's sleep.
5) Try meditating: Our work life has become ever so demanding, we are constantly bombarded with information via the television, social media, the internet, friends and work which results in stress and anxiety! Few minutes of meditation before bed, slows down your brain activity which results in a deeper and more peaceful sleep. You will wake up feeling well-rested, energized and ready to take on the day!
6) Book by your side: Reading before bed is has amazing benefits. Firstly, it calms the nerves by eliminating excess sound and vision stimulus (exactly the opposite of what you get from watching television!). It helps you to wind down and sleep better, it also improves brain function, your memory and the thinking process overall.
7) Sleep is crucial: Foremost is to simply make sleep a priority. It is not as simple as it sounds. Sleep deficiency directly relates to increased stress, weight gain and productivity loss. Going to bed late and managing with 5 or 6 hours sleep sets a bad tone for your day.
Your happiness and general wellbeing is controlled by how relaxing you make your bed time.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question on this topic or a related one.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I am unmarried 37 years old female with controlled and monitored thyroid on 125 mg thyroxine and have recently found that I have a fibroid around 10 cms in the uterus which as per radiologist is perhaps going upto my navel also I have not had periods since last around 2 months, apart from a bit belly protrusion and slight recent discomfort while sleeping I have no other issues/ symptoms. All my other tests appear to be normal. What should I do?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I am 27 years old and my weight is 78kgs. I had complicated vivax malaria with multi organ failure in 2010. After my recovery I had gained this weight. Before that my weight was 58-60 kgs. My height is 5ft 2inches. I am a bengali and that's why rice is our main food. But I don't eat red meat, pestries, cakes or too much cold drinks and chips. I want to loss my weight and go back to my previous figure with a healthy diet. I am married and want to conceive soon. So I just want to know what should I do to loss my weight and will there be any problem to conceive due to my previous illness? I have no gynecological problem and I have regular menstrual cycle and no other diseases. Please help me. Thank you.
I have a habit of eating ash and soil & I can't control myself. Face turning yellow& often feeling weakness. What should I do?
3 Handy tips to eliminate stress from your sex life
Stress plays a significant role in creating rifts in relationships as it mostly forbids partners from meeting each other’s physical and emotional needs. This reduces intimacy in a relationship and results in an unhappy sex life. In the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life. Here are some tips, which will prove to be very effective in keeping stress away from your sex life.
1. Don’t make it seem necessary to have sex even if your partner is tired
If you find that stress due to problems at workplace or financial issues is affecting your partner considerably, then respect his/her decision of saying no to sex. Don’t pressurise your partner to get intimate just because you want it. Your patience and understanding nature will increase your partner’s admiration towards you, in turn leading to a more passionate and happier sex life.
2. Try to stay away from performance anxiety
Don’t let performance anxiety take a toll on your sex life. Studies show that being conscious about their performance in bed leads men to lose their erection, which takes all the pleasure away from intimate moments. Instead of being stressed about your sexual performance, focus on your partner’s needs and attend to them for a more pleasurable sex life.
3. Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life
Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
To prevent these stressful situations from affecting your sex life, try to focus on removing them. For this, you can ask for help from other family members to carry out household chores or diminish your time at social gatherings to be available for each other exclusively. Spending more time in each other’s company will not only brighten your day, but will also give you an enhanced and more intimate relationship.
Hi i am Having breast pain / heaviness before periods. Sometimes it feels sore. Can any medication help.
Remedies for Staying Healthy in Summers
Have a quick look at some health tips for staying healthy during summers.
Include Tulsi Seeds - Use tulsi seeds in your drink. This has good cooling effects.
Yogurt - Yogurt and other low-fat dairy products will also help you remain cool and provide you with calcium and protein.
Hot and spicy food - You should avoid taking hot and spicy food items as far as possible as the fruits and vegetables have organic salt in them and they are sufficient for the body in summers.
Fried food - Cut the intake of fried and fast food items.
Hygiene - Try to maintain good hygiene level regarding your body, clothes as well as in your choices of food items too.
Yoga and Exercise - Limit your strenuous activities to early morning and late evening to avoid getting exhausted and worn out.
The above-mentioned tips for a healthy diet for summers will help you maintain a good health during the summer season. A little change in your everyday life will make you healthier and fit.