Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harsh Gupta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Harsh GuptaYour feedback matters!
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
How I will increase my health? My health is not good. I want to increase my health. I wana be healthy.
Laughter is a type of response that occurs to you generally when you experience a funny or a pleasant situation. All the doctors also believe in the theory that laughter indeed is the best medicine. Laughing not only helps to cheer you up emotionally by boosting your mood, but also has complementary physical outcomes that are desirable. Here are some interesting and fascinating facts about laughter.
1. You are more likely to laugh around others - According to a medical research, it is a proven fact that laughter is generated by a person rather than a funny situation or a joke that you hear. It is the image of that person in your mind which is funny and everything he/she does or says seems to be funny for you. This is why you will probably laugh among a set of people rather than laughing all by yourself.
2. Fake laughter - A medical research conducted by Professor Scott has readily proven that the human brain has the ability to differentiate between a fake laughter and a real one. So, if you are in a group of people and somebody is trying to laugh forcibly and deliberately, then your brain is able to identify that person easily.
3. Laughter is contagious - As per the famous saying, when you laugh then the whole world laughs with you. It is a true thing and laughter is actually contagious as it tends to regulate a part in your brain when you hear others laughing.
4. Burns calories - Laughter is a good source of a physical workout as well as it burns calories when you laugh out loud. Laughing for around 10 to 15 minutes a day burns about 10 to 40 calories.
5. Leads to healthier relationships - It is a proven fact that laughing together with any individual help to strengthen the emotional bond that you share with that person. People who laugh together usually are able to trust each other more and their relationship lasts for a longer period.
6. Mood and Energy booster - Laughter is an instant booster if you are emotionally wrecked or suffering from a bad mood. It helps to cheer you up and make you feel good and confident about yourself. Additionally, it also helps to boost the energy levels if you are low on energy.