Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Harsh GoelYour feedback matters!
my age is 21 and i'm having a sight of -0.5 only on the right eye and the left eye no sight. Should I use the spectacles or not can it be prevented by any other methods without using the spectacles.
Sir I am having problem with my right eye as I use computer or laptop for more that half an hour it starts paining very badly I do not want to wear spectacles please suggest some treatment?
I am 32 years old and looking for LASIK surgery, can you please tell me what is phacoemulsification?
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.
Hi Doc, Actually KERATOCONUS has been find in my Right eye. Due to this my power has been increased by -2 frm -0.5 in two years (I was not regular in using specs). My vision is absolutely clear right now, and one of Doc advice me to wait for 2 months therefore one is suggesting to take R3 surgery. Do I go for it? pls suggest as per my own understanding it will not good to have any surgery, but docs knows well. So pls suggest:( Thank You.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering from dry eye syndrome since last 4 months. I find very hard to work on laptop (can't avoid this as I am student of MCA). I google down and narrowed my search to ciclosporin drug. Also an eye drop RESTASIS. I need further help. Please suggest an eye drop or any other medication.
Hello. My age is 23. I have eyesight of (-3.0). Please suggest how to reduce my sight naturally and remove my lenses permanently with out lasik surgery.
My left eye is red and swollen having little pain from last two days please tell me some remedy soon I also tried an eye drop but no relief.
I want to remove my eye glasses it is difficult to carry it on party on anyone what to do please tel me know if you are looking for champs for the next few days thanks you.
I am not feeling well throughout the day, feeling sleepy, headache ,burning eyes .after sleeping in afternoon feeling little bit fine .so pls tell what can I do for this problem ?pls give suggestions.
Hi I haven't sleep from two days now my head was coming headache and now my eyes was not opening Wt can I do now.
Hello! I am 21 years old female, I have a spot or maybe a mole in the white part of my right eye. I haven't had it from the beginning but a couple of months! U would like to know possible reasons and hazards! Thank you.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.