Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Harmit KaurYour feedback matters!
Hallo doctor. I would like to know. Is it possible to get pregnant in the first try after 2 weeks of Ovulation.
I am 25 female married before one year got abortion 4 times. Each 40-45 days. Dr. advice Torch infection. I am having Torch IGg rubella and herpes simplex and my husband having IGg rubella and cytomegalovirus in both blood test as positive . Why repeated abortion. He blamed me like he got infection from me. Pls tell wil this infection get cure. How I got infection. Doctor advice me zovirax and doxycycline for 60 days. After two months will I get negative results in Torch. Doctor advice same tablets for him but he refused to take. Now he left me in mom home. Pls guide me for cure my infection.
6.7×6.2×2.3 (TR×CC×AP) well defined oval hypoechoic lesion with few anechoic area noted at anterior wall lower segment of uterus with no vascularity. Suggestive of subchorionic hemorrhage. What it means please rest all tests are good.
Bananas are among the most convenient food sources of #potassium. This mineral is essential for maintaining proper heart function and regulating normal blood pressure.
Numerous studies have shown the effectiveness of potassium-rich foods like bananas in lowering high blood pressure.
So much so that us food and drug administration (FDA) allows the #banana industry to make official claims (much like they would a pharmaceutical drug) of their ability to reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke.
Even with the proliferation of brightly colored 'sports' drinks, 'energy' bars and 'electrolyte' gels (these are loaded with unhealthy chemicals and coloring by the way) you often see athletes eating bananas just before and even during sports.
Bananas are a great source of dietary fiber that most of us don't get nearly enough of. Fiber helps the food you eat move smoothly through the digestive tract and improves elimination.
A couple of bananas may be a healthier choice than laxatives to treat occasional constipation.
High in vitamin b6
Bananas are particularly high in vitamin b6. This vitamin is important for creating hemoglobin for healthy blood.
B6 is also involved in maintaining proper blood sugar levels, synthesizing and breaking down amino acids and producing antibodies for a stronger immune response in your body.
Vitamins and minerals
Alongside the high levels of potassium and #vitamin b6 already mentioned, bananas also have good levels of vitamin c, magnesium, and manganese.
They are also a source of most of the other b vitamins and smaller amounts of trace minerals like iodine, iron, selenium and zinc.
if my time of ovulation is over then is it worth to have intercourse if you want a baby?please advice .
My periods are irregular and after consult with Dr. I am taking krimpson 35. please suggest what to do to get regular periods?
Is it possible to have unprotected sex to be pregnant without ejaculation. There have been unprotected sex with penis in vagina for a couple of minutes without ejaculation. Is there a chance for pregnancy.
Actually I am Virgin and we were not into sex but he just very slightly inserted his penis and took it back after 3mins. He just says that there was no precum but I am little worried. And it was my 7 th day after my periods last so is there any chance of pregnancy and do I need to take ipill?
Hi I'm 23 years married, I'm trying to conceive. Doctor prescribed me ovaa shield and conceive tablets. Are they helpful in getting pregnant I have used these tablets this month can you please help me with this query.
I did a TVS test yesterday for my pregnancy but in the report mentioned no yolk sac/ foetal pole present. But when I did homes test twice it was positive. I missed my periods on 3rd march 2017. Is it too early for tvs.
Hi sir/mam, I am suffering from adenomyosis and I have already had one failed ivf. I am now on a 3 month decapeptyl injection 3.75 mg (4 weeks/once) andI am also doing acupuncture for the same. My query is will 1.decapeptyl injection reduce my bulky uterus and adenomyosis and help me conceive and after how many days or months can you see the redy=action in uterine volume 2. Is it ok to do acupuncture along sir the Decapeptyl injection? If not helpful it ll at least not harm the effect of decapeptyl?
Hello, meri sister ki pregnancy ko abhi 6 weeks hue h jeeju ne ultrasound krwaya Dr. Ne kaha heart beat nhi hai baby ki or development bhi nhi h koi abortion k lie Bola h kya koi sujhav h please btaie ye meri sister ka first baby h.
Most men in our culture feel it is important that their female partners get that much needed sexual release through the big O - orgasm, but it is not always the case, especially when the woman desires but cannot. Orgasm (climax, trupti, satisfaction, coming) marks the culmination of the progressively mounting sexual arousal and tension, as it reaches a peak and suddenly releases through pulsating uterine and vaginal contractions accompanied by intense pleasure. Many a time, women do not orgasm in sexual intercourse.
Frequently, it is due to a combination of factors like inadequate foreplay, insufficient arousal, the male partner's premature ejaculation or being unaware of how to take oneself to climax. It could also be due to the woman's intrinsic inability to reach orgasm, despite favourable conditions. We describe such a situation as orgasmic dysfunction or anorgasmia. Inability to climax can prove distressful to several women, while quite a few of them are as happy without orgasms, are not bothered by it and therefore do not even complain or consult.
- No orgasm is not abnormal: It's a widespread myth that women must reach orgasm to be able to enjoy sexual intercourse. Many men and several women hold this false notion. While orgasm can be a payoff, many women agree that it is not must for them to enjoy sex or seek it. They enjoy the overall experience much more than the end result. Many women find the emotional intimacy experienced through physical intimacy, and sufficient foreplay enriching, and are not bothered by getting or not getting an orgasm.
- Two-thirds need another type of stimulation: There is nothing wrong with a woman who cannot reach an orgasm through intercourse. Different women are built differently. Only about a third of women can orgasm through intercourse. A third need extra stimulation during intercourse. Another third never orgasm during intercourse, but can through manual or oral stimulation of clitoris. The best way to know is through exploration, paying attention to body language and reactions.
- Frigid or strained relations?: Women who have never ever had an orgasm or those once had but currently unable to, are falsely labelled frigid or considered to be in relationship trouble. This is yet another myth that many people harbor. Frigidity is a pejorative term now discarded. A female may be perfectly normal and happy in her relationship and yet may not orgasm. There may be many other causes for this such as the side effects of certain medications, chronic illnesses, sexual pain, or severe stress.
- Nothing can be done about it?: Well, this one is another big myth. If the female is not able to orgasm, then there is plenty that one can do about it. To begin with, the woman can try relaxation techniques, arousal heightening techniques, manual or oral stimulation of clitoris, either before, during or after intercourse. In the end, a woman is responsible for her own sexual pleasure. She needs to learn what type, duration, intensity and pattern of stimulation, she needs to reach the peak of excitement. And, a loving partner can help her in many ways to reach orgasm. The sex therapists are trained to help you overcome difficulties in becoming orgasmic and can be reached here. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hi I got periods and this time bleeding was black in color. Is there any problem? Do I need to have a checkup? Please suggest. Thanks & regards.
My wife is pregnant 22 weeks Till 16 weeks I was do intercourse softly But nowadays I can't feel sex feeling immediately and not erection also Is that my caring about child in womb ot any else.
I am pregnant of 6 weeks. But once in a day brown blood is coming. It's already 9 days gone but it's coming. My Doctor is telling it's fine. But I am worried.
I had sex on 2nd day of my period. I hv a cycle of around 34-36 days. Nd I have late periods. My last period was on 22 jan. Am I pregnant? I checked it on preganews in the morning but its negative. Then y my periods are not coming?
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.