Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harminder K. Rai
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Harminder K. RaiYour feedback matters!
I have issue in both of eyes are cherish red after a drink of coffee so what are the reason behind this?
When I watching TV and mobile phones constantly my left eyes have tears from it. What is the remedy for this?
I'm 25 years old My eyes are getting red during bike riding and drinking water. Mostly in left eye Please tell me the reason and solution thank you.
Sir, I have a small sight I want to go for laser treatment is it a better idea? Or is there any alternative to cure my sight permanently? Is laser treatment done for all age groups? Will there be any side effects after laser treatment?
My eyes are paining daily and below my eyes black spots are appearing near my eyes could you give me preventive measures.
How to increase my eyes light with out any side effect so & what I can take food and vegetable What should I do?
Hello dear friends, I am Dr Mridula Mehta, basically a trained Ophthalmic surgeon and deal with cataracts lasic, laser procedure and Oculoplastic surgeries. I have proceeded my training from prestigious institutes like Maulana Azad Medical College, Lady Hardinge Medical College and a major portion of my Ophthalmic surgical training has been from Dr RP centre, All India Institute of medical science, Delhi. Today I will be talking about Oculoplastic surgery, Oculoplastic surgeries are the surgeries that deal with the area around the eye. Oculoplastic surgeons are ophthalmic surgeons, eye surgeons that are specially trained in this field. The area around the eye is very important for the visual function as well as the beauty of the face. The oculoplastic surgeon knows that and handles the tissues around the eyes very gently so that the aesthetic, as well as the functional aspects of the eyes, are maintained. The main things that an Oculoplastic surgeon deals with our watery eye i.e. tear duct anomalies, birth defects of the eye, tumours of the eye, any injury around the eye, socket abnormalities, artificial eye fitting. Also in today’s arena, we deal with the aesthetic aspects of the face especially the upper face. Oculoplasty gives measures to rejuvenate the face, both surgically and non-surgically. Non-surgical options which we provide are botox and fillers around the eye and surgically, we do surgeries for eye bag removal, for wrinkles around the eye, to treat the sagging skin in the upper lid and lower lid by surgeries like blepharoplasty. Blepharoplasty in today’s world is one of the most common surgeries done to rejuvenate the upper face. We have both the options to do stitch less as well as with stitch blepharoplasty, other things that an oculoplastic surgeon deals with the ptosis i.e. the droopy eye or the sleepy eyes, entropion, ectropion i.e. inward turning or upward turning of the eyelashes which especially occur in the old people or any another size abnormalities of the eye can be easily dealt. Sometimes children have a watery eye, again tear duct problems since birth are dealt by the oculoplastic surgeons you have any queries.
You can contact me through Lybrate.com or take my appointment through Lybrate.
Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to distress the eyes.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Blinking: Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Near and far focusing: This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes.
It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath