Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Harminder K RaiYour feedback matters!
Hi i'm 21 year old. I can't see through my right eye. The images coming blur from My right eye. How and From where should I check up my eyes.
I have sight and I don't use spectacles but my eyesight power was increased how to control it self tell me doctor.
Hi my dad have a eye problem, so he uses his eye drop daily, but today by default my mom got confused and she put some drops of clenorush which is used for oral thrush which includes 1 choline salicylate 2. Tannic acid 3 clotrimazole 4 cetrimide Glycerin. So his eye is paining very badly. I just need to know is it gonna cause big problem later? Please advice.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
Hi doctor, I always feel sleepy even sleep for whole night always my eyes pains, I had already go for eye check bt it's 6/6. I have a doubt of increasing thyroid. Seems to be the symptoms like that. If that so can you please suggest the test I can go for. Thanks.
My cousin aged 45 years is suffering from back pain since last 3-4 weeks. Upon consulting various doctors, one of them advised to get a MRI scan done and upon inspecting the report, it is suggested to go through surgery. And other doctors are advising to take 2-3 months of rest to get out of it. Currently, he is not in a position to travel long to any city and get it diagnosed. Please provide your valuable inputs, below is the ouptut in MRI Scan report:- MRI-LUMBARSPINE SEQUENCES: Short.
My eyes become yellow, and stomach upset and high fever, body becomes weak throat paining continuously sneezing throughout the day what should I do, please help me as soon as possible, I am waiting for your reply.
Hello Team, I am 25 years old, but I have eyes problem. My eyes no - 3. How should decrease this no. Any tips please share us...
My eyes are paining. Can not see up and around. Its getting pain. N also throat problem. If I sleep deeply suddenly I wake up. Why so? please whats the treatment? Wht can I do for this.
I have red eyes from last few years. Please help me to get over this menace I will be highly thankful to you.
Diabetic retinopathy is an eye problem that can be caused by either type 1 or type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Retinopathy occurs when diabetes damages the tiny blood vessels in the retina. The weakened blood vessels may leak fluid and blood.
Who are at risk for developing diabetic retinopathy?
Those with poorly controlled blood sugar levels are at a high risk of developing diabetic retinopathy. In addition, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anemia, kidney disease and pregnancy can all place a patient at greater risk of suffering from diabetic eye disease.
How frequently should I get my eye examined?
If you have diabetes, you should get a yearly examination by your ophthalmologist. Once you develop diabetic retinopathy, your ophthalmologist may advise further investigations or treatment. A periodic follow up as advised by your ophthalmologist is mandatory. The frequency of these follow up visits is decided based on the severity of the disease.
What are the symptoms of diabetic retinopathy?
There may be no symptoms in the early stages, especially when the central portion of the retina is not involved. As the retinopathy progresses, you may have:
- Blurred vision.
- Floaters, which can look like black spots, little threads, or cobwebs.
- Bleeding in the eye causing sudden loss of vision.
- Temporary or permanent loss of vision.
- Pain is not a common feature of the disease.
I am 19 year old and I am having myopia. I have spectacles but my eyesight drops every 2 to 3 months. Please suggest some cure to control my eyesight.
meri eyes in a right and left side 1-1 numbers he ise kam kar ne ka Koi tari ka he?. And kya eyes me dabur" rose water" ki drops Dal ne Se Koi side effects hote h? Please answer me.
I have used an eye Drop Tears Natural Forte 3 once or twice. After that I didn't used it after then. Can I use it now again? Is it safe?
I have redness in my eyes specially when when I come back from cricket practice it became more. What should I do.
Diabetes is a pervading disease as it does not spare any system of your body. The increased sugar level affects everything from circulation to vision to kidneys. Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in the eyes in the age group of 25 to 75.
Some of the common eye problems caused by diabetes are listed below
- Blurred vision: Increased sugar levels can cause blurred vision. While most people might jump to getting a corrective lens, it may not be needed in all cases. Try getting the sugar levels to normal levels and see the vision improve. It may take up to 3 months, but it is definitely possible to do away with the lens.
- Cataracts: Clouding of the lens which is known as cataracts can set in early when there is diabetes. Worsening of cataracts also is at a quicker pace with diabetics. The blurring of vision and glare can set in, which would require removal of the clouded lens and placement of an artificial lens.
- Glaucoma: There is always a certain amount of pressure on the eyes, known as intraocular pressure. This pressure increases significantly in diabetics, leading to vision changes and damage to nerves and blood vessels. Glaucoma can cause dryness in the eyes, as there is less amount of liquid that the eye makes. There could also be headaches, eye pains, blurred vision, and vision loss. In addition to eye drops, surgery and laser can also be used for correction.
- Diabetic retinopathy: The retina is a layer on which image of an object falls, and from there, a message is sent to the brain to identify an object. However, in people with increased sugar levels, the blood vessels in the retina can be damaged, leading to vision problems and even blindness. Greater the sugar levels, greater the damage. There could be people who have lost vision due to this condition. Periodic checkups are advised to ensure that the vision is constantly monitored. There could be black spots or holes in the vision, flashes of light, and even blurring of vision gradually resulting in a complete loss.
Some eye care tips:
Now that we know diabetes affects the eyes adversely, the following are some effective tips to ensure good eye health is maintained.
- If sugar levels are not well controlled, more frequent checkups are advised, else, annual checkup should suffice.
- Monitor and control the blood sugar and A1c levels
- Monitor and control blood pressure levels, as combined with higher blood sugar levels, the damage is exponential
- Quit smoking
- Monitor and control cholesterol levels
- Healthy diet with lots of vitamins, minerals, and protein
- Exercise to help in improving overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.