Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harmeet KapoorYour feedback matters!
My face and skin complexion is getting dark day by day. So what should I do to become fair and glamorous?
Hi, I have a white patch (vitiligo) near my lip area and I sometimes do feel itchy. Any lip balm or ointment that I can use for the same?
I am 24 years old female, I had pimples on my cheeks now it gone but the black marks ans scar are there. What should I do? To make these marks out.
Hi I am 24 years old and my hands are tanned. Its darker than my skin tone. Please suggest a remedy to lighten it to match it to my skin tone?
Hi sir i am a male of 24 years, I have brown pigmentation around and on my genitals, during my early teenage the area is normal but at the age of 17 I happened to get fungal infection, after taking medications I got rid of that infection. But after some years I have gradually got developed brown pigmentation around and on my genitals usually with no itching but some times it do itch, can you please suggest me how to get rid of pigmentation.
I would do anything to get rid of my oily skin. I heard that accutane is a good solution to this problem. Is this true? What are its side effects? And are sebaceous filaments curable?
I have some dots my face previous year I got an accident and but it paining now a days extremely.Please suggest me something for that.
Acne can be a recurring and problematic condition that not only affects adolescents, but younger and to some extent even older adults. Acne may not only cause a dent in your self-esteem, in worst scenarios, it could leave scars on your skin. However, holistic forms of medicine, such as Ayurveda can very easily provide relief from acne and help you regain your confidence. Some of the tips to control acne through this means are mentioned below.
Ayurvedic remedies for Acne
- Lemon Juice and Honey: Mix one tablespoon of honey with equal amounts of lemon juice. Apply small portions of this paste on pimples and even acne scars. Leave this paste on for about ten minutes or so and then wash it off with water. Use this remedy about 5 to 6 times a week and then for a few weeks to see improvements.
- Neem Leaves: Another great and easily available remedy, you can make a paste with Neem leaves by adding a slight amount of water. Apply this paste and keep it for sometime on you face before washing it off with water. This is a great remedy and is known to have worked very effectively with many people.
- Potato: You can rub potatoes on you face after slicing them or you can soak them in water and the use them on your face. It could be sliced, grated or even juiced as it can be applied in any form. It also helps your skin by clearing pigmentation problems.
- Papaya Milk: This is another wonder remedy, which is a really effective cure; although it can be a very sticky substance to handle. However, using it regularly and then washing it off with water can cure your acne problem very quickly.
- Lifestyle changes: Other habits and lifestyle changes are of great help in removing acne and acne scars
- Don’t try to scratch or touch your pimples
- Clean your pillow covers regularly
- Avoid oily and junk food
- Exercise regularly as it can regulate the metabolism of the body and help control acne
- Clean your face twice daily with a mild cleanser. But don’t scrub too hard and don’t clean more than twice as that will encourage more oil production, causing more acne.
Hi I am 18 years old I applied lemon juice on my face. I added 1 tsp of lemon juice with 1tsp water and then I applied on my face I feel irritation on my face. Is this is harmful or good.
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection