Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Harjit KaurYour feedback matters!
Infertility is a medical condition in which the patient fails to conceive after one year of having unprotected sex. It is advisable that women who are above 35 years of age and often experience irregular menstrual cycles should consult a doctor on being unable to conceive within six months.
Is infertility a common issue?
Infertility has become a common problem for the new age women. Sedentary lifestyle and stress are believed to hamper the fertility of women nowadays. According to a report, about 6 percent women in US in the age group 15-44 years are infertile.
Infertility: It’s not just a woman’s problem
Infertility is not an issue with only women. Both, men and women can be infertile or are responsible for the condition. The process of reproduction requires mutual co-operation from both sexes. Therefore, they can together contribute towards infertility as well. It is wrong to blame the woman only. According to the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth data, it has been found that about 7.5 % men in the age group of 18-45 years (who have has sexual exposure) visited infertility clinics at least once in their lifetime. Of these men, about 18% were affected with male-related infertility issues.
Infertility in men: Men can suffer from infertility due to various factors. The infertility can be detected by analysis of the semen. A doctor can evaluate the concentration of the semen or determine the sperm count, the mobility of the sperm and its shape or morphology. These are important for fertility. Semen analysis can be hampered due to the following conditions:
1. Varioceles - The veins on the man’s testicles are unnaturally large and leads to overheating of the sperms
2. Diseases like diabetes, cystic fibrosis, trauma and infection.
3. Unhealthy lifestyle
4. Environmental toxins
Infertility in women: Women must have proper functioning of the reproductive organs to become fertile. The fallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus must be physically and physiologically fit for getting pregnant. A woman may get infertile due to following reasons:
1. Irregular periods that suggests the woman is not ovulating properly.
2. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
3. Functional hypothalamic amenorrhea (FHA) or excessive physical or emotional stress causing missed periods
4. Diminished ovarian reserve (DOR) or inability of the ovary to produce sufficient eggs
5. Premature ovarian insufficiency: The ovary stops functioning properly before 40 years of age
6. Blocked, swollen or open fallopian tubes
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I'm 18 years old girl. I'm not sure that I'm pregnant. I am not able to take pregnancy test. I dint get my periods for past 2 months. What can I do to withdraw my periods.
I and my gf had sex for the 1st time on 26th feb. 2015 she lost her virginity n it bleeded alot n post tht it was paining to her so we stopped. I used protection. Before tht we had done anal sex thrice but at tht time i didnt use protection. Her period dates were 8th of this month and ahe didnt get her periods yet. Is there chances of her geting pregnant?
I am 18 years. Old and my menses are not normal my menses are bleeding very low and my breast is not growing please suggest m please help mee not growing properly.
I am 25 yrs old, I had taken unwanted 72 tablet n after 1 week I started bleeding but I am sure its was not usual bleeding which occurs every month, please help me understand what was that, had I got pregnant?
I am 22 years old m getting smell from vagina and also wen I have done sex my husband is getting itching on penis is there any solution for this please doctor help me.
Hello Dr. please tell me start the Ist day of period is very pain what the reason of pain back n front sides.
Actually I have excessive pain during my periods. I am student of m.pharma. please tell me some home remedy.
My vagina is bleeding since yesterday after intercourse. Even my abdomen is paining. Please suggest me some medication. Is this normal?
I had an abortion by pills in month of September We do have sex regularly but with precautions If I want to get pregnant may be now or after few months, will this effect my baby's growth or health Coz I had an abortion in September We have no medical history of any problems.
My wife 44 years old she adopt to copper t last five year, yet she removed. Nowadays what we should care about pregnancy.
Precocious puberty is a medical condition in which the process of a child turning into an adult i.e. puberty is initiated at an earlier stage than what is considered as normal. Certain characteristics like rapid growth of bones and muscles change the body structure, its ability to reproduce and manifest during puberty. If puberty is initiated before the age of 8 in girls and 9 in in case of boys, then it is a case of precocious puberty.
Studies to determine the actual cause as to why precocious puberty occurs have been inconclusive. In some cases, due medical conditions, such as hormonal disorders, brain abnormalities, brain tumor, and infections might cause precocious puberty. Generally medication is prescribed in such conditions to delay the process of puberty until later.
In case of girls, if you notice the below mentioned symptoms in a child who is about 8 years of age then it is a sign of precocious puberty:
- Breast Growth
- Menarche (First Period)
In case of boys if you notice the below mentioned symptoms in a child who is about 9 years of age then it is a sign of precocious puberty:
- Enlarged testicles and penis
- Facial hair
- Deepening voice
Also, there are few characteristics or traits which are common to both girls and boys and indicate precocious puberty if it occurs at an early age:
- Underarm hair or pubic hair
- Rapid growth
- Adult body odor
Precocious puberty might induce a few complications. A few have been stated below:
Short height: Children who are suffering from precocious puberty in many cases grow taller at a quicker rate at first. This generally causes such children to be of below average height when they enter adulthood. By early diagnosis and treatment of precocious puberty, such a situation could be avoided and the child in question would be taller than he/she would if they did not undergo treatment.
Social and emotional problems: Children who undergo puberty before their peers can end up being self-conscious about their body, which may result in low self-esteem or in extreme cases substance abuse.
Treatment of patients suffering from precocious puberty can be administered through medications like GnRH antagonist treatment. This is a monthly injection, which delays further development and has to be continued up to the point till normal puberty period sets in.
Hello doc, from last 7 months I am trying to conceive bt could not. Reports are ok of mine and husband. But nothing happening. Married for 2 and half yrs. My periods are also regular. Bt wat I am marking is from last some months I feel uneasy and pain in back and stomach much before my period starts. Around 10 days before. This month my period is due at 14th. But from last three days I am feeling uneasy. My upper part of stomach specially last portion wer chest finishes and upper part of stomach starts, in the middle part, is aching. If someone presses lightly there I feel good. This time pain has increased. Pain during periods is normal to me. But much before periods is only giving frustration tats too am noticing after mrg .wat may be the cause. Periods or gas I do not understand. But pain feel is same. Why also not conceiving tat is another strain. Pls help.
5 life-long benefits of drinking desi haldi milk
Haldi is a vital spice used in the Indian cuisine and other south Asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous Asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to Ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen, and drink up to a healthier you.