Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Harith MahajanYour feedback matters!
Sir/Mam, I am 17 years old I have eye side about (-2.5D) problem what should be do for avoiding grow much weaker eyes? Mam please provide a specific health chart.
I have red eyes what should I do last 2 weeks suffering this problem also eye blur please give me suggestion.
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
Sir my friend regularly complaints about his eye pain and he is very worried about that. Please tell me a solution.
How to take proper care of eyes or how can we get our spectacles removed as soon as possible? Do antiglayer lenses help from any further loss of eyesight.
My husband is 52 years old. He is suffring from Rp With macular degeneration since 3 yrs. RP was detected before 22 yrs. But he was normal in vision. But last 3 years he get central vision loss. Now he is taking omega 3 one capa b.d nd spirulina. Pl gove me adv how can I save my rest vision of eye. Now he is using low vision aid to read in ofc. But unable to recognise people.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.