Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harish Virmani
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Harish VirmaniYour feedback matters!
From last one month I am unable to sit for long hours to study. After 30 mins I am feeling sleepy. Please let me know about my exact problem.
I am suffering from cold since 2 days I even have cough problems Can You suggest me what precautions should I prefer.
Hello Doctor, my mother got operated for femur fracture on 23rd july her hemoglobin was 11, (Pre-operation 11. 24th 9.6.25th 8.6 and 26th 7.9) and she couldn't eat properly after operation for few days as you can see hemoglobin is reducing. Her doctor suggested blood transfusion maybe due to internal bleeding but stool test done nothing it came in reports. Is it safe to do blood transfusion. Pls suggest. Thank you so much.
Hello Doctor My grand father is 70 years old and patient of diabetes and BP he is feeling weakness from last 5to 10 days please suggest me some vitamin etc for him. He is taking GLYCOMET for blood sugar and TELMED AH for BP with BECOSULES.
I am suffering from fever and cold. And it is too much in night time and also cough very high. Please provide me a solution. thanks.
Almost 10 years ago while playing cricket I had a nasty blow on my nose, now from the last year I am having cold and sometimes while sleeping I get suffocated. What could be the reason.
What are exact causes of acidity at night? How to cure that recurrently occurring problem? Is Ayurveda medication have long lasting results in such a case?
A large part of basic penis care involves simple penis protection. For example, wearing a condom when having partner sex increases penis protection against sexually-transmitted infections. Often, especially among men who are actively athletic, a guy needs to protect his penis by wearing a jockstrap. To help men get better penis protection from their jockstraps, we offer the following pieces of advice.
Tips and recommendations
- Actually wear it. Jockstraps (often called athletic supporters) get a bad rap. Men complain they're uncomfortable and that they squish their penis and balls together in a way that isn't natural. As a result, many men don't wear their jockstraps. But even though there may be a little discomfort involved, a jockstrap can help keep the penis from getting injured - and that's worth the discomfort.
- Use a cup when appropriate. When involved in contact sports in which there is a distinct possibility of a direct blow to the penis, adding a protective cup to the jock is crucial. The plastic cup is often bought separately from the jockstrap itself and slipped into the pouch after it is put on. Cups generally come in four sizes (child, youth, teen and adult). They may vary in shape as well, with some having a fuller shape and others a leaner shape, depending upon the size and shape of a man's package.
- But don't always opt for a cup. In some cases, a cup may be a detriment. For example, men who are involved in long distance track events may need a jock to keep their penis and balls in place, but likely do not need a cup. Wearing a cup while running in a track event could potentially lead to some unintended chafing.
- Select a style that fits the need. The traditional jockstrap is a thick waistband that supports a knit pouch and sports two elastic bands to connect the pouch back to the waistband, leaving the buttocks exposed. However, there are many variations on this theme, including jocks that resemble regular briefs and boxer briefs, some that look like a wrestler's singlet, those that offer additional straps for the thighs, etc. In addition, some jocks are designed with specific sports in mind, such as swimming (which tends to be much thinner to fit under a speedo) or cold weather sports (which includes extra padding for warmth). There can also be variations in the pouches. Some are designed for a snug fit, others are more contoured.
- One thing to remember: sometimes a jockstrap may have a "look" that appeals to a man (and may present his penis in a sexy manner) but it may not offer as much protection as another style. When concentrating on penis protection, sacrifice a better look for better functionality.
- Consider layering. In some instances, it may pay to add extra protection to the midsection. Some men wear compression shorts under their jockstrap. Others may wear a pair of briefs, either over or under the strap. This is a personal choice, of course. However, if wearing the jock over another layer of clothing, it may be necessary to move up to a larger waist size, especially if a man is already unsure of which size he should get.
Wearing a jockstrap helps add a new layer of penis protection when involved in sports, but another key factor in such protection is keeping the equipment in great general health. This can be aided by consistent use of a top notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). For best results, a man wants to be sure the selected crème provides a sufficient array of vitamins, such as vitamins A, B5, C, D and E. In addition, the crème should include L-arginine, an amino acid that helps produce the nitric oxide which in turn helps penis blood vessels to open and receive greater influxes of blood.