Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Here are habits to implement today to maintain that perfect smile for you and your family tomorrow
As women at work or at home, we are responsible for the health of those around us. If you are a compassionate and caring mother, daughter, sister or wife looking after the dental health of your family becomes imperative to their well being.
Here are some useful habits that can go a long way in keeping you and your family smiling for years.
#1 go soft automatic
Rev up your brushing-use an automated tooth brush. This maybe true for not only you as a woman but for your family. Make sure you switch them to an automatic or motorized brush with soft or extra soft bristles. This works best since it takes the guesswork out of brushing and improves your and your children's technique even if they're sleepy in the morning.
#2 dental emergency kit
Keeping a dental emergency kit loaded with some essentials like a basic dental painkiller (as prescribed), clove oil, some dental floss and a toothpick (not a habit recommended by us but when things get lodged and cause pain it maybe the last resort)
#3 vitamin check
Best way of ensuring good tooth and bone health is to ensure good levels of vitamins vitamin d3, calcium especially if you're beating menopause and even iron, b complex to prevent anaemias which can be detected orally. Deficiencies of vitamins and essential minerals can make your family more susceptible to oral health problems.
#4 gift a smile
Gift your dependents a great smile be it preventive treatments for your young ones like our decay protection programme which ensures they never have to feel dental pain like we have, or the braces intervention campaign which helps guide teeth to proper positions at an early age. More questions about your young ones dental health
For the elderly who missed out on a lot of preventive dental work can now enjoy the benefits of latest technology giving them fixed teeth instead of removable dentures.
#5 start a trend-family oral health checkup
Mark a day in your calendar a public holiday or the beginning of the year a time that you can easily remember and as a family get an annual checkup to not only ensure that you do not suffer from any dental problems but also early detection of any upcoming medical issues can be done.
Meri daughter 3 year ki hai but wo ghar ka khana like roti chawal anything bilkul nhi khati or wo mitti bahut khati hai deewaron ki. So pls koi advise dijiye.
My baby is 6 months old. Her weight is 5 now:-(breast fed till 3 months. Now she is poor in eating. Not drinking milk (nan pro 2), cerelac, apple juice. She is not opening mouth for anything. Much worried. Could you please tell anything to feed her tat boosts her weight and energy. She is 6 months but look like 3 month kid. Please help. Please tel me how to make her eat and what foods or best for babies.
My 9 months old child pooping 4-5 times sometimes more from last 2 days. My mother says, it is due to his teeth. Is this ok? Or I have to do some medication? please suggest.
My baby is 7 months old. He fell off from bed 5 days ago and from then he is not shouting that much he does before. What is the reason for that and what to do for that?
My daughter is seven and half months old (premature). She blows away medicine as well solids, does not take enough formula. Does not sleep properly. Please help.
My child 2 year 10 month. stomach pain 3 month. N. B. T. Test-04 %polymorphs are nbt positive (upto10)
My daughter age 15 years having ring worm on right shoulder and she use to Onabet-B Tube twice a day and Candifrce 100 mg capsule twice a day but still ring worm is there. Some time its remvee but after few days it appeared. Pls advise.
14 month baby had acute diarrhea and fever two days ago. Now if he cries he can't breathe for minutes and lips turn blue. Please help.
My one year and 3 month old baby start walking for 15-20 days but I notice that he walk with left foot outside. Is this normal.
I have vaccinated my son with HIB vaccine and hepatitis A vaccine yesterday. Today morning he had fever. Is that vaccine causes fever or he had any virus infection?
My son is 1 years old and he does not talk or say any thing meaningful. Not even a word. Is it normal?
You would have noticed that your child who was so eager to help out and please you earlier is no longer responding to you that way. They must be teenagers! Don't despair.Its natural and healthy for them to break away emotionally from their parents at this age. This will help them to become well adjusted adults. Here's how you can give them their space, yet gently guide them during this phase.
1. Give children some space: Giving them a chance to establish their own identity, giving them more freedom, is essential to help them establish their own place in the world. But it doesn't mean that if your child is moving around with a bad crowd or doing drugs you don't say anything. Let them explore and experiment with things that are not very risky. Eg. Catching a bus, auto. Going out with friends to a mall, going for tuitions on their own etc.
2. Choose your battles wisely: Don't lock your horns with them over cleaning up, sleeping late, coming back 1 hour late etc. Save your enquiry for more serious matters like permanent tattoo, going out late into the night and not keeping you informed, bad company etc.
3. Invite their friends over for a meal: It helps you to see who your child is meeting with and also to send a message that you are not rejecting them outright without any valid reason. Children see it as a mark of respect and fairness when you meet and talk to their friends. Also it helps them to see how their friends talk with you. Outright rejection of friends can bring on huge aggression and antagonism.
4. Decide rules and discipline in advance: If it's a 2 parent family, then it's important for the parents to have their own discussions first and come to a common consensus about what is acceptable and what is not. What will be the consequences of not following through with what was earlier negotiated. Remember that Consequences need to be discussed with your child too and should be fair for him/her.
5. Talk to your teens about the worst case scenario: whether it's taking drugs, pre marital sex, driving rashly or running away.The kid must know the worst that could happen. Let them see movies which showcase this as they get impacted by visuals more than dry conversations.
6. Tell them that you are available: When kids start experimenting and taking risks, they can land up in sticky situations like out of pocket money, a flat tyre, friends not showing up, not getting what they expected to happen. Let them know that you are available no matter what. Give them your confidence and trust. Teach them how to think of options if stuck in a bad spot. Tell them that you will come and pick them up if they can't come back on their own.
7. Keep the communication lines open: Don't instruct or interrogate them. Talk and share with them about your own life. Even a difficult day at work. This teaches them that's it's ok to talk to you even if something has gone wrong. Don't judge them. And if they are not ready to talk just then, then let them know that you can wait and you know how it's like to have a bad day.
8. Let them feel guilty: This is a hard one for some parents who come on too quickly to protect their children from feeling guilty when they have done something wrong. If your child has hurt someone or done something wrong, then it's important that they know how to deal with guilt. It's healthy to have some guilt rather than no remorse or guilt at all. This will help the children to stay within socially acceptable behaviours and norms.
9. Be a Role Model: Your actions are more noticed than your words! Your role will be important in helping them become morally, socially and ethically grounded person. If they have a healthy role model from early childhood, then it's less likely that they will take bad decisions as a rebellious teen.
If you find this useful and want to know more, then click on private chat. Happy Parenting.