Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harish Chandra Pathak
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harish Chandra PathakYour feedback matters!
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My maternal grand maa was having clot in her mind. Which was p\operated 3 days back but now kidney reports are not found normal.
Hello friends. I am Dr Sandeep Madaan. I am M.D. in Ayurveda from the University of Rajasthan. Now I have been practising Ayurveda in Delhi from last more than 14 years. Today we will talk about Migraine.
Migraine and migraine headaches are very common. The commonly affected people are middle age women in the age of 30s or 40s. It is more prevalant in the families which means that the ladies affected with this problem, pass the disease to the next generation. This disease is characterised by the headcahe. It may be one sided or both sided, but it is always episodic that means it comes in episodes like after few days, few weeks, few months. It is always associated with the diseases such as Nausea, vomiting, sleep disorder. The person find it very difficult to concentrate any needs, good sleep and often vomits and find relief in the headache.
These days many people in long term consume analgesics and many other chemical based medicines. But this is not a solution for Migraine. Ayurveda can be very effective and without side effect medicines or the supplements which are proven to be very effective in the long term.
Also, there is a special therapy called Nasya therapy in which we give special oil drops in the nose for sometime, for example- for a week or two weeks, and patient find it very effective for managing the migraine. Basically the person find that the severity of the headache decrease and the symptoms like Nausea, vomiting, lack of sleep etc. these slowly dimished. It takes around 2-3 months for the response of the therapies. But it is really very effective without any untowards side effects.
If you want to consult, you can consult me through Lybrate.
Thank you very much.