Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Harinarayan MehtaYour feedback matters!
I had homosexual relation with a partner and his sperm spread from lower portion of my penis to stooldoor. But my top of penis was covered with skin and no penetration made. Next day partners HIV test done at govt hospital and reports negative. Then after 25 days I have tested HIV at govt hospital and reports negative. After 5 days I have tested HIV at govt hospital and reports negative. Then after 55 days I have tested HIV P24 antigen and reports negative. Any chances to infect HIV?
I have a stomach ache only after eating. It lasts upto 2 hours after eating. I have also a problem of GAS. Kindly help me.
Although it is still a matter of debate within medical circles, recorded instances of symptoms in middle aged men that resemble the symptoms of female menopause are not at all unnatural and not uncommon either. Commonly referred to as male menopause, this condition alludes to the reduced testosterone level of the male body. However, this condition significantly differs from female menopause in the very fact that not every middle aged man will go through this phase or be afflicted by this condition.
What is the cause behind it?
The causes of male menopause are as follows:
- Drop in testosterone levels: The hormone testosterone produced in the testes not only regulates the sexual drive in a man, but also ushers in puberty as a boy gradually becomes a man. Testosterone secretion helps in the development of body hair, regulation of physical and emotional energy, the change in your voice and the muscular mass of the body. The reduction of testosterone occurs gradually in the male body as you reach the age of 30 and by the age of 40-45, the testosterone level falls significantly. It can drop even further after 50 which may lead to male menopause, also termed as andropause.
- Underlying physical or psychological conditions: As a man gets older, other physiological factors that may afflict his body could be hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea and many others. These could also end up reducing the testosterone levels within the body resulting in male menopause. Depression, anxiety and even mental disorders have been attributed to triggering this condition.
What are its signs
The symptoms of male menopause typically occur at the same age as when a female approaches menopause. The symptoms are as follows:
- Decreased sex drive.
- Lack of concentration and enthusiasm in general.
- Depression and a reduced sense of self-belief.
- Infertility and problems with erection.
- Significant loss in muscular mass and body hair.
- Sudden growth of breasts and decrease in bone density.
- Body fat suddenly increases.
- Prolonged sensation of fatigue.
I am 27 years old. Two weeks ago I was suffering through dry cough. Now I am better but I am not able to speak properly, it seems like something has stuck in my throat. Also I feel there is something in left part of my chest. I am a women.
I have jaundice in last month but now m fine so now can I do some exercise or I have to do rest for some more time.
I have etching on my private part 1 week please suggest some cream and I have weakness for 1 year when I walk 1 km then halfne lagta hu what should I do. please suggest some medicine as well as which type of food I preferred.
I am 64 years diabetic (2type, morning walker (50 minutes) .enlarged liver, and triglyceride-controlled with medicine. BUT OUT OF BREADTH WHILE CLIMBING STIRS AND JOGGING.
I am a 16 year old boy I masturbate once a day and now I feel sleepy all day I am taking supradyn regularly I think my iron is low can you suggest me any tablet?
She is 28 years old. She used to have stomach pain. After scan, doctor has told that she has a rasoli in her uterus of 77 mm. She had to operate. I want to know is operation is the only way to survive. Secondly because she is unmarried. Could she b able to give birth to a baby after marriage. Is there any risk of her life. I am very much worried. Please guide me.
I am 40 yrs (Male) old. I have some problem in head from last 10 days. Left side head some time headache slowly slowly like etching in left side head and near left eye portion. What can I do. I am taking Tab" Telma 40 Mg" for hypertension last 1 year. My BP is 140 90 may some time. Some time very lightly stretch on left side of head. Mostly morning to afternoon.
Dear sexologist, I suck my husband penis without condom today. So my mouth is infected red color. What I do now.
I have small and hard swelling on my wrist like something has come out inside the wrist after doing push-ups. I do regular push ups but I don't feel any pain on that swelling part. I am worried about it. Please tell me what should I do?
Hi, i am suffering from severe cold I used many tab but also cold is not cured, please suggest me any good one.
The human body requires the basic nutrients for its normal functioning which are carbohydrates, fats and proteins. However, there are certain vital vitamins and minerals too, that are equally important because these help in maintaining the proper health of a human body in various ways. One such vitamin is Vitamin B complex of which, there is a crucial vitamin known as Vitamin B12 or scientifically called as Cobalamin.
Functions of Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 plays a major role by controlling several factors of the human body. These are necessary for the body to run well and stay healthy. Some of the key functions of Vitamin B12 are listed below:
- It is responsible for the conversion of raw carbohydrate matter that enters into the body in the form of food into glucose that is the driving energy for the body. Therefore, in a way it helps to keep the continuity of energy production in the human body and its deficiency, therefore, can lead to fatigue or weakness.
- Every single nature of human cells is related to the DNA and RNA that define the genetics and hereditary factors of a human body. Vitamin B12 assists in the creation of this DNA and RNA.
- Vitamin B12 also helps in the production of nerve cells in the human body by maintaining the covering of the nerve cells or neurones known as the myelin sheaths. This helps to free the body from the reach of toxins and free radicals that can be very harmful to the human body. Hence, any shortage of Vitamin B12 can damage the nerve cells in a considerable manner.
- The bones of the human body need Vitamin B12 as well and any deficiency of Vitamin B12 can cause osteoporosis and other bone issues.
- Vitamin B12 in association with another vitamin known as Vitamin B9 (folate or folic acid) helps in the manufacture of red blood cells that help in impressive iron functioning, which is the main oxygen carrier of the human blood. Quite evidently, its deficiency can lead to shortness of breath and other breathing disorders.
- Even heart requires an adequate amount of Vitamin B12 along with Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B9 so that appropriate levels of amino acid named homocysteine are produced that is a deciding factor in heart diseases.
- Vitamin B12 is an essential component affecting the brain health too, and any deficiency of Vitamin B12 can often lead to various brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and the like.
In fact, Vitamin B12 has also been found to regulate mood and emotions of humans. Above all, Vitamin B12 is vital for keeping an individual happy and healthy by revitalising the body cells and making him or her feel youthful and vibrant all the time.