Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Hans RajYour feedback matters!
I have migraine problem from previous 5 years I had taken every treatment as could as possible I can. But now its still unbearable please help me sir.
I am 42 year old female, hereditary of dementia in my family. Now a days feeling low and get confused in words while saying. And get wrong pronunciation while speaking also. My reflexes are getting slow. I want to be fast but somehow I let the things go. I am not feeling enthusiastic now a days. I agree that in family there are some issues which are effecting my mental. Kindly help me how to deal with it. I am trying to escape from whatever difficulties are coming my ways.
Is there any permanent cure for migraine. I am a student and these attacks are so severe that I can't focus on anything.
Hi I have epilepsy and I've been seizure free for over 6 months. The problem is that I am having auras. I had 13 auras in October and 8 auras in December I'm taking my meds like I'm supposed to. I just want to get my epilepsy under control and keep it that way. What can I do about this problem. And by the way, my aura/warning is a strange smell or dizziness.
Hi good afternoon. This question is regarding my father's problem. He is now 48 years old he had fallen from coconut tree 0n 28/aug/2015. And he lost complete sensation from chest to foot from that time. he had one major surgery. Now he is doing some physiotherapy exercises and taking Ayurveda treatment. He is getting good result about his health. But not about sensation. Can you please suggest some tips to get sensation. If you want medical reports I will send them. Sir/madam please help us.
After a hard day the only relief one has is to get a good night’s rest and drift off to the world of sweet sleep. You might find yourself wide awake at night, even when your body is extremely tired. This difficulty to fall asleep naturally is called insomnia. If this inability to sleep continues for a long time, it becomes a sleep disorder and can cause many physical and health issues.
Reasons behind Insomnia
The lifestyle of the twenty first century can be very demanding. A disorder like Insomnia can be easily triggered with various factors they include:
1. Emotional stress: The rollercoaster of emotions that one deals with had a huge effect on their sleep cycle. A stressed mindset will find it hard to be put to rest and as this unwanted stress continues each day.
2. Fluctuating hormones in a woman’s body: Women tend to be the victims of insomnia more often than their male counterparts. These changes may include conditions such as PMS, menstruation problem, pregnancy and menopause.
3. Use of caffeine and anti depressants: Excessive coffee drinkers might find it difficult to relax their brain, since the caffeine in tea and coffee keeps one brain alert, hence too much of caffeine consumption can be a cause of insomnia. Even smokers might face the same problem since the nicotine acts as an alerting agent.
4. Systemic disorders: Disorders like Asthma and Hyperthyroidism and other various medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, allergies, hyperthyroidism and Parkinson’s disease can do the same.
Treating insomnia with homeopathy
The reason why Insomnia can be treated the best way through homeopathy is because this treatment is both free from any side effects and is quick in its effects as well in comparison to other conventional methods which induce artificial sleep that can have harrowing effects. On the contrary, homeopathy is a completely natural treatment that doesn’t include any artificial drugs and its small doses work just the right way.
1. Coffea Cruda is a homeopathic medicine that is most often used for treating insomnia of acute origin or when the disorder only lasts for a brief moment of time. As the name suggests it is made from coffee beans.
2. Nux Vomica is more suited when insomnia is due to the abuse of stimulants like too much of alcohol, coffee or nicotine. Other medicines such as opium, aconite, arsenic are also recommended by a specialized homeopath.
It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any medication.
Kya gym karne se migraine headache door ho sakta hain please read my question carefully and give simple answer. Please tell.
Hi. My daughter is 15 years old. She was suffering from acute meningitis at the age of 8yrs. Everything was normal for. Last 7 years. Now just a month back, she got 10-12 attacks of epilepsy one after another. For last one week she is getting mild attacks of epilepsy. Please suggest me.
Due to certain incident in may 2015 though it was protected sex, I had done my hiv test on 7th day, 135th day and 174th day from that incident. All report was negative. Do I need further test as I am scared and for last 6 month I am facing many health issues like hip pain, fissure, mouth sores, itching in lower part of legs or below knee.
I recently read rhat researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer's disease. Is this true? If so, which food do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I am 25 years old. My symptoms are heaviness in head, headache, trembling, palpitation, deep breathing, incontinence of urine, nervousness, restlessness, pressure in eye, problem seeing in sun light, forgetfulness, dry lips etc. Please help me.
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Anubhav Gupta. I am a consultant cosmetic surgeon at Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi.
Today I am going to discuss the nerve and brachial plexus injury.
What is nerve Injury?
In our body, from the brain to all other parts there is a network of nerves which sends the signal and tell us what to do. So if there is any injury in the network of filaments called nerves, then it is called as nerve injury.
What is Brachial Plexus?
A brachial plexus is a group of nerves which helps our hands to function. It starts from the spinal cord through the shoulder to the arm and to the hand. If there is any particular part which damages the neck that is called as Brachial plexus injury.
How long should I wait before being evaluated by my physician after the injury?
Whenever this nerve injury happens, these are the closed injuries. You will not see anything on the surface but you may have paralysed or weakness of a particular part. So as soon as the weakness, there is some numbness or there is paralysis of any part of the body. You should immediately contact your plastic surgeon.
Can a Brachial plexus injury be treated?
If you would have asked this question 20 years ago, then I would have said NO. But now, it is possible to treat them and with very good results.
What will happen if I do not take any treatment?
See what happens is, all the muscles in the body are innervated. If there is any injury in the nerves then it will cause weakness and ultimately paralysis of these muscles. Now, these muscles become paralyse then all these joints become stiff. S it is like a machinery if the current is not going then ultimately you will end up with that particular part of body useless.
How long does it take to after the nerve surgery for the function to return?
This is a very good question. Most patients do not realize. Basically, it is a scientific fact that whenever we have an injury to a nerve. Let us say suppose there is an injury to this level, then the part which is distilled to this becomes degenerated. When we repair, when we do the surgery, it gradually moves. It moves with the speed of 1mm per day after a latent period of 1 month. So approximately 2.5 cm (1 inch) per month. So it takes few months to function. Immediately after the surgery, you cannot expect the movement of the hand. It takes some time and it is scientifically calculated that how it comes.
If you have any queries related to nerve issues, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Hi, my father is neuro patient with hypoxic brain injury from about a month, please advise any Ayurveda remedy for brain tissue healing.
I am 23 years male and I have headache in one side of head like migraine. I take every type of medicines. What should I do?
I an 26 years old, of late my right hand use to pain and gives me a feeling of numb. Even I go to sleep, it pains and feels heavy. Please help.
If you check the recent scientific studies, then you will come to know that PPI drugs are treated as the popular medicines to treat heartburn troubles, but as the side-effect, you will face acute cognitive troubles. Your mental condition might get affected in various ways causing memory or concentration loss, decrease in brain ability and others. Though, these drugs are very safe but only effectively treating heartburn troubles, especially gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
How Dementia is related with PPI drugs?
PPI drugs are normally recommended by doctors for treating heartburn issues, but if you are taking these drugs on a continuous basis, then you might face the unwanted signs or symptoms of dementia. This is a hardcore fact, and it has been observed by many reputed researchers of the present age. There are some commonest symptoms that can be observed due to dementia, and some of the prominent ones are as follows:-
- Beta-amyloid production: Beta-amyloid is a kind of protein and the growth of this specific protein increases to a great extent with the consistent intake of PPI drugs. This protein might lead to the increase in varied dementia signs, out of which the most severe kind of situation is Alzheimer's disease. This disease might get converted into dreadful condition at times, and this is the reason a regular or consistent intake of PPI drugs should be essentially avoided. If you are facing this condition, then you should report about the same to your doctor immediately. This protein is very toxic or harmful for the brain as your mental ability is being adversely affected.
- Decrease of vitamin B12: If vitamin B12 decreases day by day, then acute mental disturbances will get invited. If you want to avoid this kind of condition, then nothing can be a better option other than avoiding PPI drugs. This is the only reason that doctors never recommend taking these drugs in an excessive limit. In fact, sometimes, these drugs are prescribed along with other potential medicines that can help in maintaining mental health in good condition. If you have got any family history of mental trouble, then you should reveal the same to your doctor so that strong PPI medicines are not prescribed for gastric troubles. In fact, there are few limitations among PPI drugs that are never to be prescribed by doctors and all the doctors should follow the same in a sincere manner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.