Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. H.R JindalYour feedback matters!
Sir. Accident se meri aakho ka nerves cut gya h jise. Meri aakho se pani aata rhta h. par dekhne me koi problem nai ho rhi h. Mjhe koi solution btaye please
Hello sir I am 21 year old male, recently I discovered a sign of crow feet around my eye area and also their are some fine lines under my eye. Could you please tell me what should I do to prevent it and boost up my appearance. Natural or herbal remedies will be good.
My mother is suffering from Chorioretinitis scar in her right eye due to which her vision is reduced by 80%. What should we do as of now? Can it further decrease her vision in right eye or can it effect left eye also? Is there anywhere in world, where there is cure available for this?
My eyes are burning when I sat continuous in front of computer. Please suggest. Me some precautions to avoid these sensations?
Hi, I have got puffy and tired eyes. I have puffy eyes since childhood. Most of the time I feel pressure around my eyes. Please suggest how to deal with it.
Water comes out from my eyes every morning. I am tensed due to dis situation. Every day when I wake up I have watery eyes. Wat is d root cause of dis and wat is d exact solution.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.
We all have only a pair of eyes, so it is imperative that one understands the importance of vision. When the normally clear lens of one’s eye becomes clouded, the condition is known as cataract. A person suffering from cataract finds his vision to be hazy, discoloured and blurred somewhat like looking outside a frosted window. It causes difficulty in reading, driving a vehicle or seeing the familiar expression on a loved one’s face.
It is a silent killer of vision and initially magnification and lighting in addition to vision aids are helpful, but eventually a surgery becomes imminent.
The exact reason for cataract are debatable, but one can take measures to protect oneself, boost one’s eyes’ defence mechanisms, and protect them from harmful elements. Ultra violet (UV) light has been correlated with incidents of cataract and has a damaging effect on one’s eyes. This requires one to wear sunglasses that block ultraviolet B (UVB) rays when one is outdoors. Smoking also increases the risk of cataract thus giving one another reason to stay away from active as well as passive smoking.
One must include antioxidants as zeaxanthin, vitamin C, lutein and vitamin A in daily diet to counteract with the daily damage. The addition of a variety of fruits and vegetables to one’s diet ensures that one is getting many vitamins and nutrients. The health of the eyes can be maintained with fruits and vegetables as they have many antioxidants. One must go for eye examination to ophthalmologists in a time bound and regular manner so to detect the onset of cataract at the earliest.
One must maintain a healthy weight by reducing the calorie intake. Excessive consumption of alcohol also increases the risk of cataract. If one is suffering with other health conditions like hypertension and diabetes, it becomes all the more important that one must follow the treatment plan diligently. The exposure to ionizing radiation like X-rays and cancer treatment via chemotherapy increase the risk of cataract.
Cataract develops when aging or injury changes the tissue that makes up one’s eye's lens while some cataract are due to inherited genetic disorders causing other health problems. In some cases eye conditions, medical conditions such as diabetes, long term usage of steroids, trauma or past eye surgery also leads to cataracts.
As one ages, the eye lenses become less flexible, less transparent and thicker. Ageing causes break down and clumping together of tissues within the eye lens leading to clouding small areas within the lens. As the cataract continues to develop, the clouding becomes denser and involves a greater part of the lens. Thus, although one cannot prevent cataract, but if one takes the above mentioned steps, then he can reduce the risks of getting it.
Is there eye floaters treatment possible? Because all best ophthalmologist In my city told that this problem has not any treatment and this eye floaters are your lifetime companion, I had done all eye checkup and required tests also, so eye pressure is high in range and remains all was good and normal. M suffering this critical problem from last 2 years. Floaters problems still same. Pls mam /sir guide me and help me, if you people can any prescription for my eye disorder, many - many thanks for your kind work.
Even thought I use Anti-Glare specs, 20-20 rule, I feel irritation while doing my s/w Job. Any recommended Eye drops to reduce it.
Hi Doctor, Because of Eye sight whether the Blood pressure get increases? With headache on the back head?
Sir I have hairloss problem. From front it decreases day by day. I does not have a dandruff what to do to reduce hair fall. I use shampoo once a week.
Hello Doctor, I want to loose weight and for I need your advice regarding my diet. I start my day with a glass of tea which has green tea, guava leaves, lemon grass, tulsi leaves all boiled together mixed with lemon juice and honey. After an hour, Then I have an apple with 5 soaked almonds and 1 anjeer. After an hour, I have breakfast which constitutes of sooji upma/ poha/ sevai upma etc. After 2 hrs I have 2-3 types of fruits one each. Then after 2 hrs I have a glass of mixed vegetables juice. After 2 hrs I have some fruits and then at 7-7: 30 pm I have my dinner which constitutes of 2 roti, any dry vegetable, a bowl of daal and an onion. Please let me know whether I need to change my diet plan. Thanks in advance.
If I will eat chicken or fried egg. After some time my eyes looking blurred and they get hot. What's my problem? And what should I have to do?
I am wearing spectacles from seven years.. My power is -3.22. Is there any permanent solution to remove specs.
I am 20 years old, I have eyesight (3.0) ,I am wearing eyeglass frames from 16 year old. Every year my sight is increasing, I am irritated by sight ,I want to free from this eyesight for ever Help me.
Is this a common sight at your home?
Parents using smartphone may not experience much harm but your little ones are prone to serious consequences which rarely anyone tells you. Read on. (early myopia, crossed eye, dry eyes, attention deficit, aggressive behavior, poor concentration and of course obesity leading to diabetes and hypertension later are the consequences)
Many pediatric eye doctors believe that heavy computer (smartphone is even worse) use among children puts them at risk for early myopia.
Haven't you seen today's generation wearing more specs than ever before? remember lasik lasers for eyeglass removal is not as safe as it is made out to be.
Symptoms of dry eye disease were more common in children who spent more time on smartphones and less time outdoors than other young people.
Staring at smartphones, computers and other screens has been linked to reduced blinking, which can lead to faster evaporation of the tear film and increase the risk of dry-eye disease, it's a most common problem among it professionals and now it's affecting children who are just 10 years old.
Smartphones also have a short watching distance due to their small screens that can tire the eyes.
Can you afford burning eyes in your child where the tear glands have stopped tear production and needs lifelong lubricating eye drops?
Excessive smartphone use may lead to a rare form of strabismus, or" crossed eyes" known as acute acquired comitant esotropia (aace). Strabismus most often appears in infancy, but sometimes kids develop it suddenly.
Computer use demands fine motor skills from young eyes that are not well developed. Only when the visual system matures is a child better able to handle the stress of a computer on that system. Remember brain and eyes are linked, a poor reception by eyes leads to poor mental development.
What to do now?
1) push your child to play outdoor sports (must).
2) before starting school eyes must be checked by an experienced doctor, serious eye problem if found early can save your child vision.
3) please limit the smartphone exposure of your child. Their eyes are not same as yours. Their brain development is also incomplete and eyes play a major role in development of brain.
4) encourage kids to take 20-second breaks from the computer every 20 minutes to minimize the development of eye focusing problems and eye irritation. (some eye doctors call this the" 20-20 rule")
5) check the ergonomics of the workstation. For young and small children, make sure the computer workstation is adjusted to their body size. The recommended distance between the monitor and the eye for children is 18 to 28 inches.
Viewing the computer screen closer than 18 inches can strain the eyes. For smartphone, the answer is complete avoidance for kids less than 10 years. Smartphone is causing much more harm than desktop due to its small screen size and convergent
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh,
Avadh Eye Hospital, Patna
Doctor has an experience of 34 yrs, 50000 eye surgeries and 10000 phaco surgeries.
Doctor has pioneered phaco surgery for cataract in undivided bihar and was second person to do so in east india in 1995
Get personalized advice online/take second opinion/book physical appointment online/read complete detail of doctor on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app (better user experience).