Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. H P AnandYour feedback matters!
I have sex with my wife during her periods time yesterday. From then her periods is not going normally. Only liquid blood releasing but the clotted is not releasing. What is the problem? Is there any pregnancy problem?
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am having my periods for only 2 days from past 8-9months. Is it normal or I need to consultant a doctor
Antenatal exercises are specifically designed to prepare the body for parturition/birth. Fitness for the expectant mother includes a combination of breathing techniques, prenatal yoga or stretches, and exercises that strengthen core muscles (especially the back and pelvic floor), boost stamina and enhance energy levels.
The specially patterned breathing helps in aiding relaxation, relieving stress, and coping through contractions and labour.
Benefits of exercises in pregnancy:
1) improves blood flow - the increased oxygen is passed on to your baby
2) releases'happy hormones' which make you feel good
3) prepares your body for late pregnancy when you will carry that extra weight
4) prepares your body for childbirth - it's not called labour for nothing!
5) shorten the labor process
6) Increase the chances of a natural birth
7) decrease the need for pain relief
8) keeps your muscles toned so that they will recover more quickly after birth.
Tips and cautions:-
- Women who were exercising regularly before pregnancy, and who are healthy during pregnancy, should be able to continue exercising as before, with slight changes depending on the trimester.
- Women who have not been exercising before pregnancy will benefit from taking up a low-intensity program and gradually move to a higher activity level.
- Exercise is recommended for 20 to 30 minutes each day, on most days. Most exercises are safe to perform during pregnancy if done with caution.
We are recently married couple and post consulting doctor my wife found she is pregnant but we are not prepared to have this baby even my wife feels that her body can not suffer this baby. Would it be good if we abort this baby? What are the side effects of abortion? My age-27 Wife- age-24.
We often tend to ignore our diet. Every day we carefully separate the greens on our plate and eat only what we like. We eat all kinds of fast food and then claim that we will burn it in the gym, but soon when the weighing scale shows no change or shows an increase, we tend to get agitated and claim, “Even after I go to the gym daily, I am unable to reduce my weight”.
Now this line is the most common thing, which comes out of your mouth, and others mouth too. It is indeed sad that people tend to ignore the fact that ‘health is 80% dietary control and 20% physical exertion’, this is the reason why it is said you are what you eat. So now, let me tell you about some of the foodstuff you ought to eat to maintain health.
Hence some healthy options for your platter, health and looks are:
Turmeric or ‘Haldi’ is a fine yellow powder, which is used to add color and taste to your dishes. Turmeric is also an antiseptic and is often applied on wounds and cuts. Some other benefits of Turmeric are that they help to combat stomach troubles, sore throat, skin problems, cough, ear and eye problems.
Onions are almost added to every dish to make it tasty and add a flavor and an aroma to it. Onions are very useful to cure to stomach related problems. Onions also are rich in Vitamin C and riboflavin.
Many often dislike the vegetable fenugreek or ‘methi’, but people fail to realize that it is a rich source of vitamins and minerals. Fenugreek is a cure for stomach problems, respiratory disorders, body odor and is also very effective in controlling diabetes.
Now that summer is in the air and every ones sweating profusely, it is natural that your body is going to be devoid of water. Well watermelon provides more than hydration, it is also effective in curing erectile dysfunction, skin problems, preventing cancer, etc.
Eggplants are rich in nasunin, phosphorous, vitamin A, vitamin C, sulphur, fiber and potassium, which help in shielding your brains cells from harm due to old age. They also help to prevent stroke and dementia. Eggplants are very good for health and it to be made a part of your diet.
Hence, these are some of the ingredients, which you ought to add to your diet.
I had a sex on 3rd or 4th november with my bf. My last date of periods was 23rd October but this month that is November my period misses. Unfortunately 30th November I again had sex with my bf. But I do pregnancy test on 30th November at morning and that is negative and at the same day that 30th November I did sex at 5pm. Then 1st December I again do lab urine test which is again negative now I confused I m pregnant or not and if I am not pregnant then why my periods stil not going.
Is it possible for periods to get delayed fr as long as 15 days, if a girl is under stress or depression?
Endometriosis is a painful condition where the endometrium tissue lining the walls of the uterus, grows as implants outside the womb of the patient. This can lead to a number of painful conditions and is often considered as a common cause behind severe pelvic pain, as far as women are concerned. Here is all you need to know about Endometriosis and pelvic pain.
- Painful Menstruation: Depending on the stage of the condition, the implants could remain on the surface or go deeper into the ovaries which may cause acute and severe problem during ovulation as well as the menstrual cycles. This is one of the symptoms that one must not ignore. If you are having painful cramps that affect the pelvic area and the abdomen, and if these cramps last throughout the duration of the cycle, then there are strong chances that you are experiencing the pain that comes with Endometriosis.
- Pain During and After Intercourse: While there are many reasons why women may face pain during intercourse, it may be noted that vaginal and pelvic pain that come during and after intercourse could point towards the presence of Endometriosis, which is causing irritation and discomfort due to the implants.
- Bowel Movements and Urination: Usually, pelvic pain may trickle down to and also get activated by the bowels when there is a motion as well as urination. This is a common problem that can cause pain, which spreads throughout the region if the patient is suffering from Endometriosis.
- Bloating and Other Symptoms: When the abdomen and nearby regions face bloating due to the implants and their painful spread, the pelvic region as a whole bears the brunt in terms of severe pelvic pain. The bloating and other symptoms like loose motions and constipation can also create pain in the abdomen and pelvic region on a persistence basis. Sharp pains may also shoot up and down the lower back due to such symptoms which should not be ignored if they do not abate within a few days.
- Misdiagnosis: Many times, the bloating and pelvic pain may be linked with pelvic inflammatory disease, which causes pain in the muscles and joints. But if you are having pain in the abdomen as well as problems during your menstrual cycle, then it may be helpful to have the tests for Endometriosis done as well.
In order to diagnose the condition, the doctor must ensure that proper imaging tests like MRI and CT scans as well as an ultrasound with lab tests based on blood samples have been conducted. The pelvic pain that comes with this condition can be treated with the help of pain relievers like ibuprofen and aspirin.
Hii 21st od March I am complete five months of pregnancy two and three days now I feel some bubble type feeling in my stomach that is baby movement ya gas bubble if is gas bubble but I am feeling this two and three days please ans.
Hello Doctor, I was using Novelon tablet for my hormone imbalance problem as suggested by doctor. I have been suggested to take this medicine for 2 months. I finished 1st month (21tab) course on 13th mar 16. On 19th mar I had my period and it is still have bleeding. But as suggested by doctor I should have started the 2nd month course after 9 days i. E 23rd mar, but I have still bleeding. Should I start the 2nd month course or should wait for till bleeding stops, then start. Please suggest. Thanks Rekha Subudhi.
Respected Doctors, The question I am asking have already been answered sorry for questioning again. Next month I am going to marry so how can I protect my wife by getting pregnant. I have already been answered to use condoms and medicine like I-Pill but I want to know that is there any natural way to have a safe sex so my wife would not get pregnant or which can make less possibility to get pregnant. One more question Are medicines safe like I-pill or any other ,does it has any side effect?
My wife priya is always asking me that please lick my vagina and clitoris. My question is that shall I lick my wife clitoris and vagina.
I'm 24 weeks pregnant.. Had many medications hormonal and antibiotic during the first 4 to 8 weeks. Anomaly scan normal will my baby still have any defect.
I am a 22 year old female. I had sex wid my bf last night and he dropped inside. But I got pee and cleaned and washed it up. I want to know that do I require to take ipill and if yes than also tell me is ipill harmfull for me as I am taking it first time.
Foods High in Calcium
1. Sesame seed
3. Collard green
6. Brazil nut
10. Flax seed
12. Dried fig
15. Soy products