Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gurvinder SinghYour feedback matters!
My girl child is 03 years old. She does not eat happily. We force eat her with very difficultly . Therefore she is very thin as compare to same age group child .What should I do?
Sir, My son is 9 years old. His weight is 34 kg. He is suffering from fever since last 5 days. I am giving cefpodoxime 100 twice a day Since Sunday night but till 99 to 100 degree temperature comes at night. So now what will we do. Please reply.
I am 74 yrs, have dust allergy that is controlled but cough and cold is continuing for more than 7 days. What would you suggest.
Hello Doctor, My son completed 5 months and entered into 6 th month 1st week. He always keeps his head towards left side and holds bit crossed towards left. Is that normal or do we need to do get him checked? If so. Should we consultant paediatrician or orthopaedic? Please suggest?
My son 1 year and 5 months old he suffered from cystic fibrosis. Still we are continuing medicine. My son weight s only 6.5 kg. What can I do for weight gaining?
To my 2 years old baby mostly I give sujji halwa at early in the morning and sabodaana at dinner. Suggest me this is good diet or bad?
My grandson is 7weeks old. He is getting rheum and tears frequently. Is this normal or do we have to take up any medications. Please advise.
Hello Sir/mam My son is 9 months old. He has cold and cough. From back some days he caught by cold and cough many times. What should I do? Will it cure without medicines? One more question is that, is it necessary to give multivitamin or vitamin drops to the child. Which and when. Thanks.
Hello sir I have given pentaxim for my baby at 6 weeks and 10 weeks and hexaxim at 14 weeks. Now im really worried regarding the immune status. Can I switch to painful vaccine for further vaccination. If I opt for painful vaccine for booster dose will the immune status be compensated. Pls give me suggestions sir.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Hi My 8 month old son weight 10.36 kg is vomiting for the last two days after having milk or cerelac and is cranky and somewhat dull also. Please suggest.
My baby hardly takes food. She keeps on crying whenever the food is brought near her. At present she is on solids like cerelac and dia mix. She also has hard stools. She drinks a lot of water. As new parents we are worried.
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups