Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gurvinder
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GurvinderYour feedback matters!
After having intercourse with my husband I am feeling itching inside my vagina and dis comfort it's really paining when I go to toilet and feeling like urination is not coming properly. My friends told me to take candid V6. What can I do? Please suggest can I used this or not is their any side effects or not if I am using this please help.
My marriage was in the year 2012. Till now we have no children. Husbands semen was analysed count was 60. And motility 28. I go through follicular study. Dr. told egg was not raptured. And took 3 injection per month. Is there any prblm doctor. I am totally upset. Is there any chance to carry a baby.
Impact of drinking water in plastic bottles
We store water in all sorts of plastic bottles, jugs or containers. It can be low grade or high grade, but plastic is plastic! This is a very harmful daily practice as plastic containers carry lot of chemicals and bacteria.
Let’s see the harmful effects of drinking water in plastic bottles:
1. Harmful substances: Apart from harmful chemicals in plastic, water when get stored in plastic bottles also produces harmful substances like fluoride, arsenic and aluminium which can be poison for human body. So, drinking water from plastic bottles would mean drinking slow poison that will slowly and steadily deteriorate your health.
2. Dioxin production: Plastic does melt in hot environment. And we, often store water in plastic bottles while driving and so many times leave it in the car where it is in the direct exposure of sun. Such heating releases a toxin called Dioxin which when consumed can accelerate breast cancer.
3. BPA generation: Biphenyl A is an estrogen-mimicking chemical which can lead to lot of health problems like diabetes, obesity, fertility problems, behavioural problems and early puberty in girls. It’s better not to store and drink water from a plastic bottle.
4. Liver cancer and reduced sperm count: Because of presence of a chemical called phthalates in plastic, drinking water from plastic bottles can also lead to liver cancer and reduction in sperm count.
5. Vitamin based bottled water: Nowadays, we get water mostly in plastic bottles and to increase its health content, manufacturers make it vitamin-enriched to attract buyers. But this is even more harmful as it carries health-harming additives like food dyes and high fructose corn syrup.
6. Impact on immune system: Our immune system is immensely affected when we drink water in plastic bottles. The chemicals from plastic bottles are ingested and tend to disturb our body’s immune system.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi, my wife feels pain in anal opening after sex. Also felt pain in complete vagina last night. We r doing sex since years .This is first time she feel pain in vagina and anus. Pls suggest.
My wife is afraid of having inter course, she is not allowing me near for that. Rest every thing is ok. Is there a way to do without her knowledge. Tried convincing for last three years, and took her for doctor consultation, it didn't work.
Hi I rubbed my pennis of girl friend pussy but I did not ejaculate and im not sure about precum. I couldnt insert my pennis due to tightness of her pussy. I did this in after 10 days of her periods what is the chance of pregnancy.
Hello doc. My last period was 14th october. After that I got pregnant. Last saturday I went for an ultrasound and doc said your pregnancy looks like 6 weeks. According to my calculations it sud be 7th week. I came home. After 3 hours I suddenly started passing brown discharge. Panicked I immediately rushed to hospital. There my doc took 3 hrs more to attend. During that I once checked there was no bleeding. Bt before c checked my pad was wet with both brown and little red blood. C told me to get admitted. Said pregnancy is threatened. C gave me hope. Next day was sunday. Monday I had an ultrasound. She showed me and wat I noticed that wat I watched saturday now the shape of sac was smaller than half. Earlier also c did not find any heartbeat. C told me to see the sac leaving the line too. Bt c dint said it is miscarriage. Now also I am bleeding once ima day brown blood plus clots. C told me to repeat ultrasound after 10 days. Whats exactly happening. Its killing. Bt mentally. Physically there is no pain or sometimes mild like period. please help.
I have not got my monthly cycles for past 54 days from now. UPT was negative till last week. I was asked to take progesterone tablets (divery) by my physician thrice daily for three days, which would help me getting my cycle. But I have not got it as yet. Have even finished the tablets 4 days back. What shall I do now?
I am trying to conceive not not being able to. We are trying since last 3 4 months. But I want to ask that we are not able to sex every alternate day. Sometimes it happens two times a day and sometimes a gap of 4 or 5 days occurs. I want to know that to conceive is it necessary to do alternate day sex. Please help me.
If I suck and drink sperm any problems or health issues also masturbations is good or bad for health? These two activity any relationship with menstrual cycle? Because I have delay in period also less count of blood and less pain in last period but before painful but this is first time less pain. Sir give me better remedy and advice for better health and correct my menstrual periods?
Vulvovaginal candidiasis refers to the infection of the vagina, accompanied by itching in the vulva. It is caused by a particular strand of yeast known as candida albicans.
There are several reasons which contribute to the onset of vulvovaginal candidiasis, some of them are:
Pregnancy is a time when the body of a woman undergoes a plethora of changes. With the upsurge of certain hormones, this is also the most potent time when they tend to suffer from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
2. Higher dose of estrogen
Estrogen is responsible for maturing the vagina as well as provides glycogen which facilitates the growth of candida albicans. Subsequently, older and younger women, who are less prone to estrogen disorder, suffer the least from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
3. Uncontrolled diabetes
Those women who suffer from uncontrolled diabetes for a long period of time are more susceptible to vulvovaginal candidiasis. Although the accurate reason is yet to be known, according to research, the presence of excessive glucose in the blood triggers the production of yeast in the vulva and the vagina.
4. Weak immune system
A strong immune system is a boon which only few people enjoy. Consequently, the very reverse, a weak immune system is extremely fatal, one that invites several complications; vulvovaginal candidiasis being one of them.
Excessive stress and exhaustion may also be considered as a probable reason that causes imbalance in your system.
6. Hormone replacement therapy
Estrogen is commonly held as a possible culprit that causes vulvovaginal candidiasis. Therefore in those hormonal replacement therapies, where estrogen is artificially administered into the body significantly increases the risk of an impending vulvovaginal candidiasis.
In spite of its frequent occurrences, it is possible to treat this infection. Some of the ways by which it can be done are-
1. Anti-fungal cream
Those creams which negate the growth of fungus are, for obvious reasons considered as the most preferred choice to combat vulvovaginal candidiasis. There are plenty of anti-fungal creams available in the market, which can be misleading, therefore you must choose wisely.
This medication works wonders in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis. This must be orally administered under the doctor's supervision to enjoy the results.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor ,i'm 4 weeks 3 days pregnant and its my first pregnancy , I had mifepristone 200 mg 2 pills on 18th and misoprostol 200 mp 2pills on 20th orally and 2pills vaginal and I puked after 15 mins if misoprostol ,i had heavy cramps and nauseous feeling ,bt very lil bleeding and I bleed and stop and bleed again and now its 22nd can I start the process again or should I go for d and c . Pls guide me properly and pls tell me if there are any complications now.
Hi , this is regarding to my mother health issue. Few days back she having near to stomach area and she approached gynecologist as per her advice my mother went through MRI scan. From the scan reports doctor Identified cyst near to ovary, also doctor suspecting it is cancer related. So kindly share your suggestions on this matter or suggest me is there any best hospital or doctor who can deal with issue at Bangalore as soon as possible. Since that cyst need to remove as early as possible.
I am 36 years old. Having slightly pain in my breast after my periods. It may be bulky and heavy. Sometime I cant touch them.
Vaginal dryness is an uncomfortable and painful condition that usually occurs during or after menopause. The estrogen level in your body gets reduced during this time which eventually leads to vaginal dryness. However, there are other factors that can trigger this condition including certain medications and immune disorders. This is a problem that can affect women at any age but it is visible more frequently in older women.
Here are some common factors that may lead to vaginal dryness:
1. Hormonal changes - A decrease in estrogen level that occurs during menopause is one of the most common causes of vaginal dryness. The decrease in estrogen may also occur during perimenopause, during breastfeeding or after childbirth. Radiation and chemotherapy for cancer treatment may also result in a decrease in vaginal lubrication.
2. Irritants - Chemicals present in soaps, dyes, hygiene products and perfumes may cause allergy in some women. Irritants present in underwear or towels and other allergens like objects and lubricants that are placed in the vagina may also cause vaginal dryness.
3. Insufficient arousal - Low libido or other sexual problems may also lead to vaginal dryness. Poor sexual performance and early ejaculation may also contribute to it.
4. Anxiety - Sexual desire can be affected by emotional and psychological factors such as anxiety and stress that may eventually lead to vaginal dryness. High anxiety level in women results in insufficient flow of blood, causing vaginal dryness.
How can vaginal dryness be treated?
Topical estrogen therapy is a common method of treating vaginal dryness caused by low estrogen level. Topical estrogen helps in inserting some hormone that your body is no longer producing. This controls the vaginal symptoms to a certain extent but it does not replace as much estrogen as oral hormone therapy, in your blood stream. Lubricants and moisturizers may also be applied to reduce vaginal dryness and make sex less painful and uncomfortable.
Word of Caution:
What all women should know about IUI
Intrauterine insemination or IUI is a form of artificial insemination that involves the sperm being placed inside the uterus of a woman for bringing about fertilization. The aim of this procedure is to enhance the number of sperms that successfully reach the fallopian tubes and fertilize an egg, thereby increasing your chances of getting pregnant. Depending on the cause of your infertility, the procedure can be synchronized with fertility drugs or your ovulation cycle.
When should you go for IUI?
While reduced sperm mobility or a low sperm count may be the reason this procedure is opted for, there are certain conditions that may cause you and your partner to opt for IUI:
- If the cause of your infertility doesn't have any medical explanation
- Problems with ejaculation affecting the release of semen
- Problems associated with cervical mucus can hinder the journey of the sperm from the vagina to the fallopian tubes
- Scarring of the cervix due to past surgical procedures, rendering the sperm unable to enter the uterus
At the same time, the procedure is not recommended for women who suffer from:
- A disease of the fallopian tubes
- Past episodes of pelvic infections
- Mild to severe endometriosis (a condition wherein the womb's lining grows outside it)
What happens after IUI?
The procedure takes up only a few minutes of your time and causes very little discomfort. Following the procedure, you'll be told to lie on your back for a short period of time, after which you can get back to your normal routine the same day. You can expect instances of light spotting, which will go away after two days.
Related Tip: 6 Nutrients Women Need The Most