Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gurubind Malhotra
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gurubind MalhotraYour feedback matters!
My head is paining like a shit. I am having specs and m not wearing it frm last 1 week. Today I got this problem.
The penile size gets enlarged with arousal or with any desire or thought related to intercourse. A set of spongy tissues of the muscle corpora cavernosa gets relaxed and enlarged so as to accommodate the increased blood flow towards the penis with every sexual arousal. Similarly, there are group of muscles that help to withhold the blood from moving away from penis thus, it maintains the state of erection for satisfactory sexual activity. These are the physiological process involved with erection of penis in normal healthy men.
Any disturbances or interruption in this normal process leads to failure of erection with sexual arousal or desire or inability to sustain the erection for a long period of time. This condition is called as erectile dysfunction. One in five men faces this problem in their life. There are several factors that are responsible for causing erectile dysfunction. They include neurogenic cause, psychological cause, drug induced, vascular and combination of several other factors.
- Neurogenic cause: Neurological problems like Parkinson’s disease, stroke, head injury and Alzheimer’s disease can lead to the development of erectile dysfunction. These diseases may cause disturbance to the initiation or transmission of the nerve impulses that are responsible for the erection.
- Psychological causes: Psychological factor acts as a major cause for most of the sexual disorders or dysfunction for both male and females. And factors responsible for causing erectile dysfunction are excessive work stress, unresolved relationship issues, performance anxiety, lack of love and understanding between the partners, suppressed feelings and emotions, childhood sex abuse, previous misconception or negative failure past sexual experiences. These psychological factors are responsible for causing psychogenic erectile dysfunction.
- Drug induced: Heroin, cocaine, amphetamines and cannabis are harmful drugs that may lead to the development of erectile dysfunction. There are also few drugs which interfere with the regulation of certain hormones that are responsible for the sexual activity.
- Vascular cause of erectile dysfunction: Systemic diseases like diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia can cause damage to the blood vessel and impairs the blood flow in our body. This may also cause decreased blood flow to the penis and may lead to erectile dysfunction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Dear Sir/madam, Though am suffering from frequent urination so I got to know that KEGEL EXERCISES are good for controlling frequent urination. So kindly guide me how to do kegel exactly. Right now am doing KEGEL by controlling the frequency of urine while urinating
My wife's LMP was 23rd july. We came to know about pregnancy on 5th of september. We did USG which showed 7.8 mm gestational sac without foetal heartbeat and it said 5 weeks and 4 days pregnancy. I.e on 5th september. Now yesterday my wife's TSH report was more than 60. Which I rechecked in same laboratory by giving another sample. At present my wife is not having any complains. Can it be hypothyroid or it might be false report? If she is having hypothyroidism and its already over 6 weeks can it have adverse effect on baby's development? Can baby come with problem of mental retardation or something else?
I have respiratory problem for last 2 years. It is frequent (say 3 or 4 times in a week) to have severe problem during normal respiration accompanied with wheezing. It stays for 2-3 hours and disappear automatically. I am not a smoker. How can I get rid of this problem?
My self Poornima, age 22. I was affected by cold and cough for last 3 days I have taken usual 5able like dolo650 all but still it not rectified, could not breath. Please suggest me.
I am 19 years male. I get sexually aroused frequently and to control that I masturbate daily once or more than once Is it good that the no. Of times I masturbate for health? I am suffering from acne. Does this is caused due tomasturbation? Please suggest the no. Of times I need to masturbate daily.
Hi, What is right treatment of gastritis in case when it rise up taking fatty food.Please suggest something for that.
My brother is having enlarged spline (inflammation in liver area) he had recovered from high viral fever being in hospital after 7 days now. But still having the AST & ALT values around 9 times more than normal. He is now back at home what preventions or healing actions can we take now.
I need some truths about masturbation: -I have started doing this bad habit at a very young age since I was 10 years old ! -I'm now still doing this once or twice a month. Do you think this will affect me in future ? Is that have reason for appearing of scars on the face ?
I have always suffering from fever and there is always a moment within 1-2 weeks that I get ill due to fever. I didn't understand the reason behind it. After taking medicine it makes me alright and it look like that I have get cured my health easily and the weakness is also another problem with me. My health had never developed from starting my childhood. Can you please help me to sort out of this problem.
Hi, Am 26 year old girl recently someone did forceful sex with me. He insert his penis with condom only one time and blood comes out. I want to know its the signature that my virginity got loose fully.
Its hard for me every night to fall asleep. I tried alot but can't help sleeplessness. Tell me any solutions I can try to fall asleep easily.
A peptic ulcer is usually found in the duodenum, or the first part of the small intestine. These ulcers can also be found in the delicate stomach lining near this region. These are usually painful sores that are caused due to too much acid production in the stomach, as well as excessive smoking and alcohol consumption. The symptoms generally include heartburn, bloating, nausea, vomiting, and even blood discharge in stool and vomiting. So how can you treat these ulcers? Here's a short list of ways to do so.
- Medication: The most common way of treating peptic ulcers is to ingest proton pump inhibitors which can be prescribed by a general physician. These medicines will effectively stop the production of acid and reflux in the gastroesophageal band, so as to prevent the growth and production of such ulcers. Antibiotics can also help, especially in severe cases where there is a risk of infection due to the presence of these ulcers.
- Upper Endoscopy and Surgery: For severe cases where there is bleeding in the peptic ulcers, an upper endoscopy may also be conducted. This quick procedure can give relief from the bleeding. Also, many specialists might recommend surgery so as to treat an ulcer that has punched a hole in the stomach's wall, in which case the persistent bleeding cannot be stemmed even with an upper endoscopy.
- Lifestyle Choices: The presence of a peptic ulcer usually points to tobacco and alcohol abuse. If you happen to be over 50 years of age and are busy drinking copious amounts of alcohol every day and even chain smoking, then you may be at risk. It is best to stop such abuse by giving up smoking and drinking so as to ensure that the peptic ulcer can be treated and does not become a fatality. Also, drinking plenty of water and eating a proper balanced diet along with exercise are some of the best ways of treating these ulcers.
- Side Effects: Peptic ulcers may also arise as a side effect of having pain killers too frequently. So it is important to stay away from medication that gives rise to this kind of reaction in the body.
Managing and treating peptic ulcers is a matter of getting the right tests done for diagnosis before discussing further medication or surgery based treatment for the ulcer so that it does not pose any grave danger to the patient's body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.