Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Guru Bax SinghYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am running 22 years . I m suffering from paralysis from last 3 years . From bed ridden , now I can walk but I can't run or climb stairs . Also my front toes are very weak I can't raise them . Along with this I m suffering from neurogenic bladder . Please tell me some exercises to cure my weakness , also for running and climbing stairs . And treatment for neurogenic bladder . I tried intermittent catheters but whenever I use them I get isntant fever . Now tell me some medicines to cure the .
Hello sir, I am 21 years old. Sir I think I have some nerve problems my my hands, fingers are automatically shaking sir while I am holding some thing eg if I hold glass, mobile etc please suggest me a reason and what I HV to do further. I have smoking habit for last 2 years.
How the frozen shoulder should be treated for a person having age 45 years with no history of sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
I am 30 years old and have headache occasionally from last 1 years. Please clarify what are the symptoms of migraine and what are the remedies available? further I noticed this is mainly happens at the time of excessive task performed at laptop without break in 2-3 hours.
Ive had insomnia since 8 days ago. I have small amounts of sleeping and when im falling asleep my heart shake got impulse or something. Im scary of that. I read about sporadic fatal insomnia and now im thinking of I have it all because of sleeping. Its my common problem right now. Thank you Mr. Doctor for answer. David.
Suffering from insomnia, can not sleep properly in night and in the morning it's very difficult to wake up. Almost feeling dizzy.
I am 44 male & diagnosed with right hemiparkinson's an year ago, under treatment (entacom & ropark). Is it curable? any remedy in ayurveda or homeopathy? I am able to walk, but legs also pain a lot since last 5 years. Right had movements are improving day by day. Initially was not able to work on computer (fingers were rigid). Now under control. Please suggest ayurvedic or homeopathy methods as a treatment.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain tumours, injury, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.