Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gurpreet WadhwaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from PCOD. I am taking ayurvedic medicines. But still I have irregular periods, my weight is increasing. What can be done?
1. It has cancer treating properties (anticancer properties).
2. Helps in regulating blood sugar levels.
3. Also reduces bad cholesterol (ldl cholesterol - low density lipoproteins) levels in the blood.
4. Brings down arthritis pain.
5. Found to be effective during dysmennorhea (menstrual pain).
6. It helps in losing weight.
7. It improves blood circulation.
8. It helps in healing stomach ulcers caused by helicobacter pylori.
How to include cinnamon in your daily diet?
- it can be used as a regular spice in your food.
- mix cinnamon powder with your tea, green tea, coffee etc, and have it every morning.
- add cinnamon, jaggery, tulsi leaves, lemon, mint leaves to boiling water, allow the water to cool and then use it as a health drink. Have 2-3 glasses of this health drink per day for best results.
I have sex with my girlfriend before 1 month ago. Her periods starts on time. But now start some water in her breast. Please tell me solution.
I am 29 years old, planning for baby from last 2 years, but unable to conceive. Got my prolactin test results were within the prescribed range. Also got ultrasound done. Things were normal. How toh know my best 2days to try.
My female partner have want to be sex in my bump. Is it possible and how her to be sex at my behind side of body? And which items her can be used for sex?
I am 23 year old married women, I want to have sex with my husband. But I don't want to be pregnant soon. He don't like using condom. Do you think using pills is a good idea? When should I have the pill, after or before?
Am I possibly pregnant I had a depo shot and and two weeks later I had sex and I didn't get my period I took two pregnancy test both came out negative and I don't think they're right my body feels different I get heat flashes in my nipples, I got my period and I had cramps for three days but they were coming and fading away on the third day and I had a blood clot that had white in it so I don't know my boobs are also tender.
I am having stomach pain when my periods comes every month and also vomiting and lossmotion. Sometimes I feel so much tired without doing any work so please suggest me what should I do to get rid from these problems?
I have unwanted hair growth on my face. I have cysts in my ovary and high hormonal range of s. Testosterone and d. H.E.A.S.I had taken 12 - 15 sittings of diod laser. And taking diane 35, fincar 5 mg from many time. Till now there is no result. It is too frustrating. Will you please help me to know is there any permanent treatment for this?
My daughter had hepatitis A for 3 weeks she stopped her 6 months baby feeding. Now she is alright but she had a lot of itching. Can she start her baby feeding back. because Dr. says yes n pediatric Dr. said not to feed.
I'm 19 years old girl. I missed my periods in November till now I am not having symptoms of it. What should I do for it.
Hi I have been married for 3.5 years, more than a year we are planning for baby. But My wife is unable to conceive. We have consulted various doctors and came up different opinions, still in confusion which to conclude. One says PCOD, one says there are submuscoal fibroids in Uterus and another says there is a block in fallopian tubes (right side corneal block). Please advise what should be the cause for infertility. We are tired of spending money in various test.
I am 4 months and 2 weeks pregnant. My doctor gave me liquid calcium two weeks earlier, however, I have only taken it once. Is it safe to mix it with boxed orange juice?
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.