Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Gurmukh SinghYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am 23 years old male. I am having some unknown feelings which I can't resolve what it is. I work in a office, where a unmarried 6 years older than me lady works too. From the start day we became good friends and I used to call her sister and she called me bro. About 5 months past till now. I don't know, why I am getting some unknown feelings for her. We take lunch together, eat together in evening, I like her company. Recently I realized I am liking her too much, I like the way she touches me. I like whatever she does. I can't guess whether it is love or something else, but the point is I am getting too much addicted to her. One day when I can't spend some time with her, I feel so bad. Now in weekend too, I wish there was office and I could spend some time with her. I know she is much elder than me, and what I am thinking about her will never be possible. I am trying to stop my heart thinking about her. But I am unable to do it. I am feeling pain when I am trying to do so. I don't know how to erase this feeling, but I need to be stable now, else I may have serious problem in future. If you advise me to avoid her, I can't avoid her because we both will feel bad then, mostly I. Please tell me how can I get over this problem, so that I don't have to avoid her and also my this unknown feelings for her would be gone. Please reply. Thank you so much.
My mother has been taking depression medicines for last 20 years. Now she is 70 years old. Had been hospitalized recently for 2 weeks. She is at home now but still not fine. She is diabetic and has poor vision too. I have started with homeopathy treatment too. Please guide me.
I have done sex with my girlfriend at last month from that day onwards day by day she is suffering from body pains and some blood also coming from vagina like menstrual cycle. Please advise.
I hve sneezing problem I used to sneenz every day almost b/c of allergy. And also im a smoker is that any serious issue to smoke while im sneezing.
Im planning to stop smoking after 2 months. I hve been smoking for the last three months. Will there be any complications during withdrawal.
I want to know that , is the eye power will reduce after the uses CRT corneal refractive therapy for 1 year. Or the eye will get its original shape after 1 year. Then what is the benefit? My eye power is -1.75D .I wear glasses since 4 year. When I remove glasses .I feel can't see distance object as previously I saw . Is it for wearing glasses? I am tensed , want to cure my eye with out any surgery.
I usually remain frustrated without any reason when I am alone. What is the reason for the unreasonable frustration and what is the cure for this?
I am 30 of a male suffering from generalized anxiety disorder facing symptoms like severe numbness in head, world seems dreamy dreamy, fear in public, foggy and distorted vision always thinking how I ll cum out of this. Please help since 2 years I am having this eating vegetables and fruits but still its not curable. Rply and tell me whether slowly slowly this scary symptoms will vanish or not. One of psychologist told me there no no medicine to cure anxiety eat healthy n sleep healthy is the only way to cure it.
Hello sir, I am from Chennai. I am working in IT company. How reduce the stress because of in it field candidates get more tension to work? Please help me.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney disease problem. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.
Hello sir, mere pure sarir me dard rahta aur me bahut patla hon mera waight 36 kg hai 2 months se har Friday ko mera night fail hota hai mujhe bhook bilkul nahi Lahti hai.
The concept of alternative medicine is no more a novel proposition. It is a tried and tested way of dealing with physical as well as psychological problems. The aim of “Ayurveda” is to strike a corrective balance amongst three essential kinds of energies present in the human body. Ayurveda classifies these energies as 'Vata', 'Pitta', 'Kapha”. While “Vata” deals with bodily functions related to circulation of blood or breathing, “Pitta” primarily deals with metabolism. On the other hand, Kapha is concerned with regulation of growth in the varied organs and cells of your body. Anxiety disorder is a crushing problem if left unattended; Ayurvedic care and certain significant changes in your way of life can treat the condition.
Ayurveda asks you to adhere to the following guidelines to control anxiety disorder:
- Basil has wide ranging effects on your anxiety: Add basil leaves to a bowl of water and let it boil. Once the mixture cools down, drops of this juice can be poured down your nostrils. Basil is known to have calming effects on your mind. It is often advised for its ability to fight stress piling up in a human mind with every passing day. Chewing basil leaves can render the same benefits.
- Add these substances to your bath water: Bathing leads to relaxation and plays a key role in controlling your anxiety. You could be anxious due to familial issues or work related matters; a bath at the end of the day soothes your mind helping you to think clearly. Using ginger and baking soda in your bath water can further relieve you from being unnecessarily anxious.
- Drink your orange juice with a difference now: Orange juice, when taken in combination with honey, acts on an increased heart rate. It lowers down a person’s heart rate and also treats anxiety disorder. Oranges, as you know, are rich in vitamin C and can tackle stress by decreasing the effects of cortisol. Cortisol is better known as the stress hormone. So avoid sugar and try honey instead with your daily share of orange juice.
- Add almonds and saffron to your glass of milk: The one glass of milk that you drink regularly for nutrition and calcium can be made way more nourishing by adding saffron, almonds, nutmeg powder and ginger to it. This concoction helps in curing a frazzled nervous system thus, ridding you of anxiety disorder. Milk with almonds and saffron should be spiced to maintain the myelin sheath on each nerve of your body. This fatty layer does have a very calming influence on you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.