Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gurmeet Kaur
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gurmeet KaurYour feedback matters!
Desi Ghee is one of the most misunderstood foods in India. Reason ? Marketing vegetable oils as the Hero
Vitamins A, D, E, and K present in Ghee are fat-soluble. This means Ghee helps is to absorb these vitamins.
Ghee has MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acids ) , which is better than PUFA (polyunsaturated fatty acid) found in oils like corn, sunflower, cottonseeds oils etc. Thus Desi Ghee is a better choice than these oils.
Ghee does not contain lactose, hence it is safe for lactose intolerant people.
Ghee is made up of short chain fatty acids which can be digested easily. This nature also helps to break fat.
Ghee provides lubrication to muscles and joints.
It helps improve digestion power.
It nourishes body tissues, suitable for people of all ages.
It strengthens sense organs, immunity,
It improves tone and strength of the voice.
If you have very dry skin, then ghee will come to the rescue very effectively. Just warm up ghee in a pan and massage your whole body with it before bath. Do this treatment regularly, especially during winter time and your skin will be smooth, soft and supple.
Ghee when consumed with high calorie foods will aid in weight gain. If you want to gain weight try consuming calorie dense food along with ghee. The surprising thing is ghee also can help in weight loss. When you consume a little of ghee along with a sensible diet, it actually aids in weight loss
Hello Doctor, I find it difficult to wake up early due to which my work is getting hampered? Please suggest a few tips to help me regarding this.
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you.