Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gurmeet BansalYour feedback matters!
Leukorrhea is a very common problem among women. It refers to a thin or thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge that may occur in between menstruation cycles or during pregnancy and usually lasts from a few days to weeks.
In most cases, it is nothing to be alarmed about and is considered normal as long as it does not cause irritation, discomfort, odor and itching.
Leokorrhea, however, can also be caused by hormonal changes, particularly due to an increase in estrogen.
A vaginal infection or std, too, may cause leukorrhea, especially if the discharge is yellow or green and accompanied by foul odor.
Other factors that contribute to abnormal discharge are unhygienic conditions such as a tampon left too long in the vagina, and conditions like anemia and diabetes. At times, injury or trauma to the vagina can also trigger leukorrhea.
As already mentioned, leukorrhea in most cases is not a cause for concern. However, if you have a lot of discomfort, consult a doctor.
There are many over-the-counter as well as prescribed medicines to treat leukorrhea. You can also deal with this problem with the help of some simple home remedies.
If you are pregnant, consult your doctor before trying any home remedy for leukorrhea.
Hello doctor meri age 24 h or mujhe 6/7mahine se 2 din hi period hote h please mujhe btaiye aisa kyu ho rha h or kuch mahine se pimples k bi problem start hogai please mujhe btaiye k me kya kru.
My boyfriend wiped his semen with his hand and than cleaned his hand with a cloth. After 45 mins he touched my vagina. Is there any chance of pregnancy? I am having stomach ache. My last period was on 4 august. Pls help.
I had gone through c-section delivery 10 month before when can I start gym or yoga or any kind of exercises.
Actually I did ovulating test with the help of ovulation kit on May 10th on my 13th day the result is positive. Today I did it again with the ovulation kit the result is also positive. It means I'm pregnant or not.
In my mc period their are no heavy blooding only 2days blooding are gone and third day no blooding please give me answer for this problem.
I had sex with my wife & I released semen inside her. Immediately I gave her unwanted 72. It was her period time (4th & last day of period) its 1 month 5 days but there is no sign of period. What to do now? Please help quickly.
I am 25 years old. My periods were due on 1st Nov but the periods have not yet started. And I had unprotected sex with my BF on 5th of Nov and now I am scared if I would get pregnant. Please advice on what can I do now.
Hello, I want to ask about the menopause condition, what are the symptoms and what are the precautions?
I am 23 years old. I am not getting my chums it's been already 2 months. I took a tablet called novelon. I have completed 12 days course. Is it safe to take this tablet.
I m pregnant for 22 week. My cervical length is 37 mm. Dr. Told me take rest. Is there something wrong or any problem with my pregnancy.
Vulvovaginal candidiasis refers to the infection of the vagina, accompanied by itching in the vulva. It is caused by a particular strand of yeast known as candida albicans. There are several reasons, which contribute to the onset of vulvovaginal candidiasis, some of them are:
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is a time when the body of a woman undergoes a plethora of changes. With the upsurge of certain hormones, this is also the most potent time when they tend to suffer from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Higher dose of estrogen: Estrogen is responsible for maturing the vagina as well as provides glycogen which facilitates the growth of candida albicans. Subsequently, older and younger women, who are less prone to estrogen disorder, suffer the least from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Uncontrolled diabetes: Those women who suffer from uncontrolled diabetes for a long period of time are more susceptible to vulvovaginal candidiasis. Although the accurate reason is yet to be known, according to research, the presence of excessive glucose in the blood triggers the production of yeast in the vulva and the vagina.
- Weak immune system: A strong immune system is a boon, which only few people enjoy. Consequently, the very reverse, a weak immune system is extremely fatal, one that invites several complications; vulvovaginal candidiasis being one of them.
- Stress: Excessive stress and exhaustion may also be considered as a probable reason that causes imbalance in your system.
- Hormone replacement therapy: Estrogen is commonly held as a possible culprit that causes vulvovaginal candidiasis. Therefore in those hormonal replacement therapies, where estrogen is artificially administered into the body significantly increases the risk of an impending vulvovaginal candidiasis.
In spite of its frequent occurrences, it is possible to treat this infection. Some of the ways by which it can be done are:
- Anti-fungal cream: Those creams, which negate the growth of fungus are, for obvious reasons considered as the most preferred choice to combat vulvovaginal candidiasis. There are plenty of anti-fungal creams available in the market, which can be misleading, therefore you must choose wisely.
- Diflucan: This medication works wonders in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis. This must be orally administered under the doctor's supervision to enjoy the results.