Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gurmeet Bansal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gurmeet BansalYour feedback matters!
Cancer is increasing all over the world and especially cancer of the ovaries. We all remember Angelina Jolie getting both her ovaries and fallopian tubes removed last year due to fears of having early ovarian cancer. This increased awareness about ovarian cancer amongst women worldwide, more than anything else.
Ovarian cancer is a relatively rare female cancer, it is rarer than breast cancer or cervical cancer. But it kills the maximum numbers of women worldwide because it is usually caught very late. Its symptoms are those that most of us put up with day in and day out without thinking twice, like persistent bloating , gas, nausea, abdominal pressure and fullness, pelvic discomfort or pain, persistent constipation or a frequent need to urinate, loss of appetite or quickly feeling full, increase in waistline and a persistent lack of energy.
Epithelial tumours that occur in cells located on the surface of the ovary, are the most common. They are also found mostly in women more than 60 yrs of age. Most women never get ovarian cancer even if they live to be 90, but certain others get it in their 30s. Why? Doctors say genetics, obesity and the number of years a woman ovulates are all risk factors. Thus, women who’ve never had babies or been on birth control or have started ovulating very early are all at risk. As, fertility medications that cause women to ovulate more frequently are also a risk factor for getting this cancer.
The truth of the matter is that the sooner ovarian cancer is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. So when do you seek treatment for cancer? Obviously, as soon as you are diagnosed. If you have 2-3 symptoms of this cancer present together and they only get worse with time, then you must go to your gynaecologist to rule out ovarian cancer.
If you have the disease this is what your doctor may advise you to do
Angelina Jolie took a bold decision to get her ovaries removed even though she wasn’t really suffering from ovarian cancer. But if you have this cancer and its spread then you will have to go for either surgery in which the tumour and most tissues around it will be removed or radiotherapy or both as treatment.
Radiation therapy and chemotherapy may also be used to halt cancer progression by killing the cancer cells or keeping them from dividing. These treatments could be administered before or after surgery.
There are a few novel treatments like new chemotherapy drugs, vaccines, gene therapy and immunotherapy but they are still under investigation.
The success of your cancer treatment depends on the skill of your gynecologic oncologists who will design your treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 48 years old women. Fibroids exist in uterus, sent for test and the report is negative. There is a continuous back ache. Are fibroids harmful in future. Request advise me.
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a dairy product which is made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid. Not only is it delicious and an integral part of some of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine, it is also a very good source of calcium, protein and healthy fats that help in improving the functioning of the body.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of this Indian dietary staple:
- Diabetes-friendly: The carbohydrate content is low in paneer, which makes it a very good option for diabetics. Consumption of paneer does not cause a surge in the blood sugar level as it is digested slowly by the body.
- Improves bone and teeth health: Protein is a good source of calcium and phosphorus that helps in improving the health of the teeth and bones in the body.
- Helps in weight loss: Cottage cheese is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid that helps in boosting the metabolism of the body, thus aiding weight loss. Plus, it lowers the risk of cancer by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Contains high amounts of protein: Enriched with vegetable protein, which is the basic building component of muscles and bones, paneer is known to keep your muscles and bones in good health. Besides, the protein in paneer is essential for brain development and the development of the fetus, making it another reason why it should be a part of your diet.
- Improves metabolism: Paneer contains high amounts fiber, which helps in improving the digestive process of the body. It also adds bulk to the stool and helps in feeling full.
- Controls blood pressure: It regulates blood pressure as it contains potassium, which helps in lowering blood pressure by controlling the effect that sodium has on your body.
- Boosts the immune system: Paneer contains compounds that help in strengthening the immune system, thereby preventing disorders like common cold, cough and bronchial asthma.
My friend had unprotected sex with his girlfriend but he only inserted not ejaculated. She took ipill before sex. Will she be pregnant. We all r worried.
Hello doctor. I am 9th month pregnant. And I feel that my baby is drop down. Some white thick piece discharge from my virginal area. So can you tell what its mean? Is it my delivery time near? Last conception date is 6 dec 2015.
The fourth day of Diwali is celebrated as Annakut to thank God for his benevolence. Govardhan Puja is one of the primary rituals associated with this day. The legend behind this festival is centred around a hillock named Govardhan which Krishna lifted to shelter the people living there from torrential rains. Thus, it is celebrated by making small mounds of cow dung that symbolize the hillock and prayers to Lord Govardhan. Cow dung in India is not treated as mere excrement, but has a number of uses. Primary amongst them is the burning of dried cow dung cakes as fuel to cook food in rural households and provide heat. Cow dung is also an excellent fertilizer. In many places, cow dung is also added to mud bricks so as to strengthen the brick and prevent disintegration.
According to Ayurveda, cow dung is germicidal and has healing properties. To this effect, cow dung is mentioned a number of times in ancient Indian scriptures.
1. Cow dung’s antibacterial properties make it a good natural disinfectant. Using cow dung to disinfect an area involves coating the floor with a paste of fresh cow dung. This practice is followed in many rural households throughout India. Burning cakes of dried cow dung are also said to repel insects and mosquitoes.
2. Cow dung is also said to have mood enhancing properties. It contains bacteria named Mycobacterium vaccae which is responsible for activating neurons that produce serotonin. Seratonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes towards making a person feel happy.
3. Dried cow dung is also used to make disinfectant soaps. Some of the ayurvedic practitioners also use cow dung to treat skin ailments. However, you must keep in mind that cow dung does contain bacteria and hence should not be applied on skin that is cut or raw.
4. Even the ash produced by cow dung has beneficial uses. This ash when added to pond water is also said to balance the acidity in the water and regulate pH levels. Dry ash absorbs oil and fat and hence is also used as a cleaning agent.
Here are some other medicinal uses of cow dung:
1. According to some ancient scripts, cow dung ash can be used to strengthen gums and clean teeth.
2. Cow dung is an excellent disinfectant and mosquito repellent. This is the reason why the walls of the houses were coated with cow dung in the ancient times.
3. The cow dung can be used a body back in order to detoxify the body.
4. It is also said to be very helpful in preventing pimples.
5. Cow dung is also known to improve blood circulation.
6. It also helps in keeping the infections from spreading.
7. Ayurvedic medicines made out of cow dung also work wonders in treating indigestion problems.
However, if one chooses to use cow dung to treat an ailment or cleanse the body in any way, it should be done only under the supervision of an Ayurvedic doctor.
I am in live in relationship with my girl friend. Unfortunately she is 3 months pregnant now. We r not married and afraid of going to hospital because they will ask questions. Is there any hospital in chennai doing abortion without asking marriage proof? Please help me out.
I am 17 and have pcod from last 2 years. Tried every thing but still the problem is not cured. So what should I do now?
Monsoons or rainy seasons is though a favourite amongst all, but it also causes a number of health problems. So, here are some specific guidelines regarding what to eat and what not to eat during rains.
Nutritional tips in monsoon:
- Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
- Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
- Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
- Body's immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, stir fries and curries you intake. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
- Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
- Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
- Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
- Avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from roadside vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
- Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.