Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GurivirYour feedback matters!
If a person is suffering from malaria, he/she will have recurrent attacks with the following symptoms which one experiences within 10- 4 weeks after bitten by the mosquito:
Severe or moderate chills
Heavy sweating as body temperature falls
In some cases the parasite causing malaria can stay dormant for months.
Other common symptoms:
Infection caused by P. Falciparum parasite is usually more serious and may become life-threatening. It is imperative that you consult a doctor as soon as you experience these symptoms.
Prevention of malaria
Avoid mosquito bites by wearing full sleeves clothes.
Use mosquito repellent cream.
Use insecticide-treated mosquito nets.
If you are travelling to a mosquito infested area carry preventive medicines along. Talk to your doctor before the journey.
Stay inside after sunset in mosquito infested area.
Spray insect repellent indoors around sleeping areas.
I am having period from last 12 days after 20 days of insertion of copper t. Is it normal or I have to remove the copper t?
I am 24 years old and mother of a child (2 year). I gained belly fat after the time my baby left breastfeed. What type of exercise and food I have to take to reduce my belly fat.
Are you not happy with how your nose looks? No! Well there’s nothing to be upset about it. Nature may have done injustice to you. But man made adjustments are there to help you. Thanks to Rhinoplasty or plastic surgery on the nose that can boost your beauty. It is the most common cosmetic surgeries performed across the world. While most persons do this for reconstruction, others undergo this surgery for aesthetic purposes.
Even though, it is a common method, popular among the mases there are several myths surrounding this concept. Some of the most common myths regarding this method are as follows:
- Plastic Surgery gives plastic results: Many people may derive a wrong and misleading meaning of the word ‘plastic.’ The word comes from a Greek term, meaning ‘to mould’ or ‘to form.’ The surgery, therefore, gives you natural-looking results. A good surgeon will shape things closer to real appearance.
- Surgery is the only option: Surgery is not the only way to reshape your nose. It can be corrected using dermal fillers such as Radiesse or Juvederm. Fillers can camouflage the dorsal hump. It can add volume and give you a smooth line profile. But these injections have a temporary effect.
- Patients need general anesthesia always: Some patients may have to be under general anaesthesia during rhinoplasty. But it is not mandatory for everyone. Sedation is used for the minor changes. The patient will not be completely unconscious. But, they will not feel pain in the part, which is being reshaped.
- It cannot be performed outside a hospital: It can be performed at special clinics. You need not be always admitted to a hospital. Sedation may be used for keeping you away from the pain.
- There will be scars: Incisions made on the base of the nose or anywhere outside will go away with time. They will not be visible from a conversational distance.
- You can outgrow your dislike for the nose: It’s a matter of perception. Your perception towards your nose might not change even after the waxing and waning. You may be always unhappy about its shape or look.
- Any plastic surgeon can do this: It is a very complex operation. A millimetre can change things altogether. A slight deviation may make a huge difference. It can only be performed by someone who is a specialist in this subject and has considerable experience in these surgeries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Human sexuality is a complex subject and most knowledge floating around in the world is often misguided by myths and wrong assumptions. One of the things, which worry men the most is their size of their penis, and information about this subject is often fraught with misinformation. Let's take a look at some of the facts that have been published in scientific medical journals within the medical community and come from legitimate sources.
The average penis size:
Studies done around the world, irrespective of race has shown that the average size of the human penis is about 3 to 5 inches flaccid and 5 to 7 inches erect. There are deviations to this as well, but this is the norm in over 90 percent of the cases. Medically a penis is only considered small if it is less than three inches in size when erect. This is a condition known as a micropenis. Penises tend to fall into two categories as far as erect sizes:
I. Growers: The ones who have a flaccid smaller length but tend to grow much more proportionately and thus have a much larger size after erection.
II. Showers: These are men who have larger flaccid sizes but don't grow proportionately as much after achieving an erection.
If you have an erect penis which is 5 to 7 inches long, then you have a normal penis as do most of other men. Most women have stated that they were happy with the partner's size, but what mattered to them more was how it was used. Also some women reported that the girth of the penis was more important as friction on the side walls of the vagina made them feel more pleasure.
The mechanics of sex:
Although there are some women who may like the visual appeal of a bigger penis, most women can't really tell the difference between a 5 inch and a 7 inch penis when it is inside the vagina. The fascination with a bigger size is mostly cultural, social or hyped up by the media. Most women want a variety of sex acts to help them reach orgasm and very rarely reach orgasm only through penetrative sex. Size only matters to an extent if the penis is much below average, but in most cases what matters is the capability of the person to satisfy their partners through other means as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I have thyroid, but my periods are regular. This month I got a heavy white discharge for 4 days continuously. Now whenever I urinate I see white dirt mass all around my vagina. There is no itching or pain but it is irritating to see that white dirt.
I have Vagina infection around from 15 days I proper clean my Vagina Every day through v wash but still it's so much itching and side area is too reddish. So please suggest any medicine for this?
If you have friends, parents, children overweight and brands such reads as follows:
This is not dirty, or developed for lack of hygiene! in this brand is known as acanthosis-nigricans.
You can go on the neck, face, forehead, armpits, between the legs and other body parts. It is a mark on the skin that signals high insulin levels in the body.
It tends to be confused with a smudge of dirt or grime but this actually indicates that the body is resisting the insulin produced by the body.
As a result, the pancreas produces more insulin and eventually you could get to develop diabetes (type 2).
May disappear with simple lifestyle changes of life and a moderate weight reduction (in many cases).
If you know someone, adults and children that present this, do not waste any more time inbox us, remember that a detection in time can prevent diabetes.
Share the information with your friends!
I'm 27 year women my last period was on 8 May. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 20, then on 26th, 28, 30 may and on 3rd june. I not even had any kind of contraceptive pills. Even though I got my periods on 4th june and my periods lasted only for one day. Is there still a chances of me getting pregnant now should I go for pregnancy test. Please inform. Thank you.
Hy. I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex with a girl known to have reputation of sleeping around with other people. After the incident I got a bit tensed and approached my GP. I have no symptoms. No discharge or anything. Just bit pain while urinating. Its been 12 days of exposure if any. My Gp wants to treat me for gonorrhea n chlamydia together and has prescribed cefpodoxime proxetil 200 and azithromycin 1g to be taken together at one dose. And then continue with cefpodoxime for 1 week. And has told me to get hiv Elisa and vdrl testing after 6 weeks. Just wanted to know if this is the right approach?
Q1. What exactly is Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is an alternative to 'Open' surgery wherein the abdomen is opened by tiny 'key hole' incisions and surgery is done. 'Scopy' means the use of an endoscope or telescope to see inside the abdomen. This is attached to a camera and a light source and the inside of the abdomen is projected on to a monitor. The surgeon performs surgery looking at this screen. The surgeon makes a total of 2-4 small cuts on the abdomen ranging from half to 1 cm through which the telescope and other thin surgical instruments are passed into the abdomen. When the uterus is removed , known as hysterectomy, there is also a cut at the top of the vagina where the uterus is attached.
Q2. What kind of gynaecological surgeries can be performed by Laparoscopy?
Most surgeries done in gynaecology can now be performed by Laparoscopy and do not require the large incision as for open surgery. Laparoscopy can be done sometimes only for diagnosis and is called Diagnostic Laparoscopy, as in checking whether the tubes are open or not and to look for any causes of infertility or pain outside the uterus. In women who are unable to conceive, Diagnostic Laparoscopy is often combined with Hysteroscopy (endoscope inside the uterus, inserted from below, via the vagina). When laparoscopy is done to perform some surgical procedure inside the abdomen it is called Operative Laparoscopy. This may be for simple procedures like sterilization, minor adhesions, drilling ovaries; or for intermediate or major reasons like fibroids, endometriosis, removal of ovaries or tubes or both or removal of uterus, for staging of cancers or radical surgeries for cancer. However, about 5% of all surgeries including those for cancer or very large tumours may benefit from open surgery.
Q3. Why does an expert surgeon recommend Laparoscopy over Open Surgery?
Laparoscopic surgery has many advantages above open surgery: the incisions are much smaller (open surgery incisions are 8-10 cms long), therefore pain is much less; requirement for pain killers (which can have side-effects like sleepiness, impaired judgement) is lesser; hospital stay is shorter; complications fewer; requirement for blood transfusions infrequent; recovery in terms of physical, emotional and mental state is much better and quicker; return to work is faster with consequent lesser loss of working and earning days. Surgery with laparoscope is more precise because it is magnified view. Further vision is much better because it's like having your eye behind the structure because you can see with the telescope at places where the surgeon's eye cannot reach.
Q4. If the cuts on the abdomen are so small in Laparoscopic surgery, how do you remove the uterus or a large tumour from inside the abdomen?
Quite often if the tumour is not malignant and contains fluid, it is punctured to collapse it into a smaller size. If it is solid, it can be cut into smaller pieces inside the abdomen using a special instrument. The collapsed or cut structures can be removed gently through the 1 cm cut on the abdomen which may be increased a bit if required. After hysterectomy, the uterus can be removed easily from below, through the vagina.
Q5. Will there be much pain or discomfort after Laparoscopic Surgery?
There may be some pain and discomfort in lower abdomen for one day to few days after Laparoscopic surgery but this is much less as compared to open surgery because the incisions on the abdomen are much smaller and there is much less tissue handling inside the abdomen by fine instruments instead of rough, big, gloved hands which can cause tissue injury in open surgery. There may be some pain in the shoulder following laparoscopy. This is not serious and is due to the gas used in the surgery to make space for instruments.
Q6. When can I be discharged from hospital?
Following Diagnostic Laparoscopy or with simple Operative Laparoscopy you can expect to be discharged from hospital latest by the morning after surgery. In most other cases of intermediate or even major surgery, discharge is generally 1-2 days following the surgery unless there is some health issues prior to the surgery or any complication during the surgery. The complication rates for Laparoscopic surgery are not more than for open surgery and depend upon patient factors like anaemia, diabetes, obesity and skill of the surgeon.
Q7. When can I perform routine household activities or return to work after Laparoscopic Surgery?
Recovery after surgery depends upon many factors: presence of health problems before surgery; why the surgery is required; what surgery is being done; problems or complications of surgery, anaesthesia or blood transfusions. If all is well, one can perform routine household activities by 1 week, provided one doesn't feel tired. Although there may not be any harm, it may be unwise to be normally active within 48 hours of procedure. Following Diagnostic Laparoscopy or Operative Laparoscopy for simple procedures, one can return to work in 1 week. For other procedures, a 2-3 week off from work is reasonable. It depends on the type of work you are returning to. Avoid too rapid return to work if it is manually hard or requires standing for long durations of time. Sometimes a surgical procedure brings on a well needed rest and break from a lifetime of work. Mostly, when you return to work depends upon your own body and its signals of tiredness. You need to listen to those signals.
Dear sir/mam, my wife age is 22 But & I was getting married before 6 Month. And that time her breast was very Loose & Small so she used suddol breast cream but still nothing improve of tightness. So please suggest how breast can tight & Big. Is there any cream & Or need to exercise please suggest me.
Good evening sir/madam, present I am 12 weeks pregnant, last week thyroid test done. Report shows TSH LEVELS 4.44. I feel tension. What are the minimum TSH levels for pregnancy ladies? What are effects? What are precautions? Is there any effect for baby growth? Which medicine and food we need take? Please give me your valuable suggestions.
Apart from being a tasty drink, lemon has got countless health benefits too. Lemon is considered to be a great liver detoxifier. It helps in cleaning bowels and has the capability of destroying intestinal worms too. However, compared to the lemon juice, frozen lemons are much more beneficial for your body!
1. Lemon peel has 10 times more vitamins than the juice: Normally, we extract juice from lemon and take it with water and honey or as lemon juice by putting salt, sugar and black pepper. But taking the whole lemon including the peel is much more beneficial as it has 10 times more vitamins than the juice. The only way to eat the peel of the lemon is to freeze it, grate it and then sprinkle it on things like ice-cream, noodles, salad or soup. The peel also helps in getting rid of toxins.
2. It helps in removing cysts and cancer cells: Intake of frozen lemon helps in removing cancer cells too. Lemon extract is considered to be 10,000 times stronger than chemotherapeutic drug which slows down the growth of cancer. Likewise, it is of great help in treating cysts and tumors. The effect of lemon extract is remarkable in its treatment.
3. No bad effect on healthy cells: Although, lemon extract removes cells that cause cancer but the good thing is that it doesn’t affect healthy cells in any way. It is beneficial in treatment of 12 types of cancer including breast, prostate, pancreas, lung etc.
4. Intake of frozen lemon is a health rejuvenator: Eating peel of lemon is a great health rejuvenator as it helps in eradicating toxic elements in the body.
5. Lemon extract fights microbial infections: Lemon peel has the capability of treating urinary tract infections along with providing great help in respiratory problems and fighting bacterial infections and fungi in the body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My friend has used Mifepristone and Misoprostol kit for her abortion of 4 weeks pregnancy as per a doctor's suggestion from a clinic. She started bleeding after using 1 Mifepristone and 2 tablets of misoprostol. She assumes that she has aborted and does not want to use remaining 2 misoprostol tablets as the cramps are more. Please suggest if she has to completely use the kit for complete abortion or is it enough as she is having bleeding now.
Hi, I am 30 weeks pregnant, this is my first pregnancy. I fear to normal delivery but my mother preferred this. What I do for painless delivery ?
शरीर को नैचरल तरीके से डिटॉक्स करने वाले 7 खाद्द पदार्थ
निरोग रहने के लिए शरीर के भीतरी अवांछित विषाक्त पदार्थ (toxins) को निकालना भी बहुत ज़रूरी होता है, क्योंकि इसकी अधिकता शरीर के नियमित कार्य में बाधा उत्पन्न होता है । अगर आप नैचरल तरीके से डिटॉक्स (detox) करना चाहते हैं तो अपने डायट में डिटॉक्स फूड्स को शामिल करें। लेकिन क्या आपको पता है कि डिटॉक्स फूड्स कौन-कौन से हैं?
- अंडा- अंडा एक ऐसा अमिनो एसिड युक्त प्रोटीन फूड है जो शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में बहुत मदद करता है। इसलिए अपने ब्रेकफास्ट में रोज एक अंडा शामिल करना न भूलें।
- ओट्स- ओट्स एन्टीऑक्सिडेंट और घुलनशील फाइबर (soluble fibre) का सबसे अच्छा स्रोत होता है, जो लीवर से पित्त को निकालकर शरीर के प्रतिरक्षी कार्य (immune function) को उन्नत करने के साथ-साथ चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाने में भी मदद करता है।
- प्याज़ और लहसुन – ये नैचरल प्रोबायोटिक (probiotic) के स्रोत होते हैं जो अच्छे बैक्टिरीआ के उत्पादन में मदद करते हैं। यह प्रोबायोटिक शरीर के प्रतिरक्षी कार्य (immune function) को और अच्छी तरह से करने में मदद तो करते ही हैं साथ ही डिटॉक्स करने में भी सहायता करते हैं।
- विटामिन बी वाले फूड्स- क्या आपको पता है विटामिन बी युक्त खाद्द पदार्थ हजम शक्ति बढ़ाकर शरीर के चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाने में मदद करते हैं? चयापचय अच्छी तरह होने पर शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ आसानी से निकल जाते हैं। विटामिन बी6 के लिए केला,विटामिन बी12 के लिए मछली और पोलट्री और विटामिन बी के लिए हरे पत्तेदार सब्ज़ियाँ खा सकते हैं।
- बीन्स और मसूर दाल (lentils)- बीन्स और मसूर दाल प्रोटीन का स्रोत होने के साथ-साथ जिन्क और मैग्नेशियम से भरपूर होते हैं। इनके ये गुण शरीर के चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाकर शरीर के विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में मदद करता है।
- खट्टे फल- खट्टे फलों में जो एन्टीऑक्सिडेंट के गुण होते हैं वे शरीर को डिटॉक्सफाई (detoxify) करने में मदद करते हैं। खट्टे फलों (citrus fruits) में संतरा, मोसंबी और नींबू आदि आते हैं।
- दही- रोज दही खायें और निरोग रहें। क्योंकि दही खाने से शरीर में प्रोबायोटिक (probiotic) यानि अच्छे बैक्टिरीआ का उत्पादन होता है जो हजम शक्ति और चयापचय के दर को बढ़ाने के साथ-साथ शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में मदद करता है।