Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Gurdeep Singh SethiYour feedback matters!
Hello, My dad is diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia BCell type. Philadelphia Chromosome negative and his report expressed CD20 marker. He was treated with modified gmall protocol. I would like to know if some other protocol would be better for him. And would using Rituximab as a combination with chemotherapy would help him better with the prognosis or is Rituximab only used after relapse. Please give an advise as Its hard to find doctors treating blood disorders. Thanks and Regards
Hi Dr. I am taking novelon tablet. Is this tablet sideeffect of breast cancer. Breast cancer chances increase by taking this tablet somebody tell me about. Is this true. But my Dr. gave me this tablet 21 days course.
On her breast their is some itching. Is this a symptom of breast cancer? What remedy she can use at home?
Sir/mam I am 21 year old I am suffering from lymphoma stage 2 where I take my chemotherapy for better result.
My dad has detected a carcinoma esophagus now we taking a treatment in Mumbai Hinduja hospital. 3 chemo are completed doctor said no any spreading in body. So please tell me any suggestions.
I am having pain in my breast from 5-6 days. Nd 3 days before I was having white transparent discharge nd it was having blood in it. Can you pls suggest what shud I do?
He was suffered and cured prostate gland in 2013 through surgery and till that time to now he was OK but three months ago he had a problem of extra urine or we can say frequently urine problem I, e 15 times in a night. We have consult urologist and also have done so many tests but problem is as it is. He only feel relieve during medicines. Now the major problem arises now a days is insomnia and huge swelling on face and all. Doctors told to consult no one. What should we do? We don't understand please give advice us.
I found a small breast lump near my nipple area. What should I do now? I also have PCOS. Please advise.
What are the reasons for getting cancer and what are it symptoms and prevention and treatment methods?
Many times I have lots of pain in my breast, stomach, food pipe, jaws and back together after or sometimes before eating and drinking something. No acidity capsules and pain killer gave me relief from this pain, the only way I got relief from this pain is vomiting. what s the reason of this pain and burning feeling.
Male, Aged 60 yrs, Hypertention under medication, Slightly enlarged prostate with urination problem,frequent visit to toilet even in the night NOT DIAEBETIC. What medication will help?
I am from delhi. My father have suffering lung cancer. We take treatment from GOVT. HOSPITAL. But not much improvement.Can you please suggest wht to do and can we go for ayurvedic treatment. Kindly do the needful.
Dear sir/madam, I am taking finestride 1mg for my male pattern alopecia problem which is prescribed by doctor. My age is 28. Is finestride 1 mg increases the chance of prostate cancer?
Carrying on from my previous post, another important type of stem cell transplant is known as an autologous transplant, in which the patient's own stem cells are harvested in a manner similar to the harvest of donor cells.
After harvest, the patient is treated with high-dose chemotherapy. Autologous transplant is done mostly in multiple myeloma (standard of care), relapsed high-grade lymphomas (commonly diffuse large b cell) and Hodgkin lymphoma. After high-dose chemotherapy there is an intervening period of low blood counts when the patient is susceptible to infections and bleeding. Support is given in the form of blood, platelet transfusions and antimicrobial drugs. The stem cells start producing blood cells by around day 11 and recovery occurs. The outcome depends on the status of the disease before transplant. Patients in remission prior to transplant do much better in the long term than those with active disease.
Generally speaking, around 50 percent patients with relapsed lymphoma get cured with this approach. Multiple myeloma is a more complex disease and is known to relapse after varying intervals after transplant. Transplant in this scenario improves overall survival and provides freedom from disease for a few years.
My wife has breast pain since last week. Our last child was born on January 2010 and she is not pregnant either. She have hyperthyroidism.
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.