Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. GurdeepYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, Me and my girl friend had protected sex on Nov 4th midnight. We did for 5 times and I used condoms all the times. Her last menstrual start date was Oct 12th. Now she didn't get her periods yet. We are scared about this. We did a home pregnancy test and it came as negative. Also her period cycle was proper till last month and it never got delayed. Pls suggest what to do. We are really scared to meet a doctor in person. Not sure how they will treat us.
I had herpes infection in my left eye after 1 year the nerve pain above the eye lid again started so I discontinued the medicine prescribed by neurologist and started homeopathic medicine for herpes is it a good choice?
I am 20 years old. Last I had my periods on 12th jan. My periods are irregular n are mostly 3-4 days late. I had sex on 28th jan with protection. And I haven't got my periods still. Am 6 days late. I do feel pain in my legs as I get it before periods but no periods yet. And there are no symptoms of pregnancy. Is it normal or anything to worry?
I am 39 years old lady. Initially I used to have periods for 3-4 days but it is reduced to 1-2 days. My date is fixed. Periods are without any pain since beginning. I have a son of 15 years with normal delivery. Is it a sign of manupause? please respond.
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavity.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers of Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.
If a women wants to conceive after 43 what kind of diet she should take n what kind of supplements she should advice for a healthy n normal child.
I am unmarried fem having thyroid and pcod. I have taken treatment for 6 7 months lke ocp. Still my periods are scanty m not overweight. What can I do.
My daughter facing severe stomach pain during monthly period timely using meftalspas or cyclopam ultra scan done values are normal. The problem has been for ore than 6 years. Her age is 23 pl advise
I am 28 years old woman. I want to have a child. I had a miscarriage before 1 and half year. Now I am trying to conceive child but no luck. What should I do? I went to one specialist and she prescribed oosure (ovacure) tab daily but no luck again.
Had unprotected sex and took an ipill but d guy did not ejaculated inside .still can get pregnant was on allopathy hormonal treatment and now is in ayurvedic one.
Hi I am 22 Years old, I am married, I'm pregnant, when my husband puts finger in my vaginas it starts burning sensation, itching & starts paining Can some one help me out.
Is there any bad effect on baby if had sex during pregnancy? Is there any time period during pregnancy, when sex should not be done?
A kiwi looks like a fuzzy brown egg, on the inside its bright green pulp is sprinkled with a ring structured small and black seeds are superheated with important nutrients.
Once an exotic fruit, kiwis have now are plentiful.
Kiwis provide potassium in abundance, which help lower blood pressure and contain soluble fiber, pectin which help in cholesterol management.
Being high in soluble fiber, it plays a vital role in weight loss and management.
It contains powerful antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which are boon for eye health.