Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GurdassYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 34 years old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need water. What should I do?
Sir I am 2 years old and always there is a pain in my head and blood from me teeth so what can I do for this to be better suggest me.
Actually 3 days ago Maine galti se bht garam Pani pee Liya tha to usse tongue pe ulcer ho gya tha wo to cure ho gya bt lios pe halka sa jal gya tha usse. Jaise chhala type ho. Kya apply kru jisse wo Nishan chala jaye n thk ho jaye.
I am having pain because of wisdom teeth. And its inverted too. What should I do? I need a permanent solution.
Is it possible to get me teeth whiten I tried so many methods didn't work and even I used Colgate whitening tat 2 didn't work so is there any treatment should I take of there is let me know the cost? Or any natural remedies or should I take any tablet? Thank you in advance.
I want to get the gap between my teeth. Is there any treatment centre in Indore or bhopal and what would the whole treatment cost?
I have leukoplakia in mouth buckle mucosa since aug 2015 visited three different oncologist they suggested laser excision is there any other treatment please suggest.
Hello, my teeth are very yellow. Is is ude of tumeric in food. I don't know why my teeth specially inner side is very yellowish, dirty looking inspite of regular brush. Its is not washed by toothpaste. Any home remedy to get white teeth without any problem. Pls answer.
I'm currently recovering from a viral infection, I had fever and ulcers all around my tonsils and throat. I'm doing much much better but I started smoking again as I stopped for a week since I got ill. I'm taking antihistamines and klacid right now and I was wondering if the smoking can make my state worse or just slow down the recovery? because I heard that klacid is really good and hence was wondering if it will prevent more ulcers from appearing?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.