Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Gurbax Singh BhinderYour feedback matters!
I have 0.25 eye sight I can not see object clearly of distance and it is hard to work with glasses should I do laser treatment. If YES is there any side effects, will it work. How much will it cost.
It swells under my eyes and itches on my eyelids, it increases in winters, it has been going for last two months.
I'm 22 years old male. I'm having eyesight problem (-4.00) in both eyes. I want to rectify it naturally or by any ayurvedic medicines but not by operations. Please help me to rectify my eyes.
I'm suffering from severe headache I use my laptop many hours in a day. I'm also getting water through my eyes frequently. What should I do.
My mother used garner dye for white hair yesterday after that her eyes get irritated and water also redness she feels annoying please recommend remedy for her.
Hi I am 22 year old I have suffering from eye problem when I go to bike my eye will red it is pain what I do I am also get treatment from my family doctor.
I'm not able to see long distance object properly. Such as in class, it's being so hard too see the words on the board. This is happening from last 3 to 4 days. I'm a 17 yr old boy. Why it's happening? how to get this normal? is there is smthn wid I'm using my phone too much. N the screen light affecting my eyes? please help I don't want glasses!
Hi doctor, I'm 24 years only I'm having problem in my Eye sight My Right is smaller Than left Eye Now My question Is if I go for any operation My problem will Be get solved And doctor I want to knw about what is Ptosis surgery? Please help Me I can't survive in this world with this probleme it is killing me each and every day while seeing others and seeing my self how hard I feel hope you can understand my solution give me a Good Solution and What type of treatment is there for this small eye sight problem waiting for your reply.
I have lost my hair and colour sequence wise. And I am feeling to bad and my eyesight is loo weak and sometimes it gets red and comes tears outside?
Antrior most transparent layer of the eye is called cornea. It is an extremely useful layer for refraction and protection of eye.
Any trauma, foreign body or chemical etc can invade the integrity of this layer and can be invaded by bacteria, fungus or virus, resulting in the corneal ulcer. Sometimes, due to hypoxia induced by contact lenses too can result in a corneal ulcer.
Depending on clinical presentation, a doctor diagnoses the cause of the ulcer and start the therapy. Since the transparency of cornea is very important, a doctor starts very intensive therapy. With repeated frequent checkups if a proper and intensive therapy is not given, the ulcer can progress and can cause collection of pus in the anterior chamber which if not attended properly, can cause the infection to travel into the interior of the eyeball (vitreous chamber) resulting in total blindness. The ulcer can become deeper and lead to perforation of the cornea, causing severe damage to the eye and may require removal of pus (evisceration) or total removal of the eye ball.
Generally, fungal ulcers are more dangerous and occur mostly in rainy season.
It is imperative that a case of corneal ulcer is diagnosed promptly and very intensive treatment proper treatment is given to save the disfigurement of the eye and total irreparable blindness.
At times we have not only to give topical drops but oral therapy has to be given. Injections in the eye have to be given. Culture sensitivity has to be done in severe cases to identify the causative organism.
In extremely severe cases, we have to perform, therapeutic keratoplasty.
Conclusion: Corneal Ulcer is a serious challenging problem with the potentiality to cause total and irreparable blindness and must be attended promptly by a very expert ophthalmologist to save the eye.
Hello, when I feel weakness I am not able to open my eyes it also occurs when I had not my breakfast till lunch time. Is this a serious issue kindly explain and suggest me what should I do to overcome this.
To help avoid workplace - dry eye and eye strain, follow these eye ergonomics tips.
1. Stay at arm’s length: try placing the monitor 25 inches away from your face. No measuring tape? put your screen an arm’s length away.
2.Take care of glare: while many new phones and laptops have glass screens with excellent picture quality, they also produce a strong glare that can aggravate the eyes. If you use a glass screen device, try a matte filter for your screen.
3. Give your eyes a break: strain occurs after long, continuous periods of reading paper or viewing digital screens up close. follow the 20-20-20 rule: take a break every 20 minutes by looking at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Looking into the distance allows your eyes to relax.
4. Defy dry eye: many newer office buildings have humidity - controlled environments that suck moisture out of the air. In winter, heaters on high can further dry your eyes. Try a desktop humidifier to add localized moisture.
Keep artificial tears at hand to help lubricate your eyes.
5. Lighten up: when your screen is much brighter than your surroundings, your eyes have to work harder to see. Adjusting your environmental lighting can reduce eye strain. Also, try increasing the contrast on your monitor.
Hello doctor How can I increase my height to 5.9, weight to 65 kg and eyesight and tell me doctor how can I keep me fresh and active and relax.
Amblyopia is commonly known as 'Lazy Eye'. It is a vision development disorder, which affects eyes and the brain during infancy and childhood. It signifies that the eye does not achieve a normal visual acuity even with refractive correction in form of glasses or contact lens. During normal visual development, the eye and brain learns to 'see' and develop binocularity, that is the ability to perceive depth (Stereoacuity). This occurs in the first 8 to 10 years of life.
Each eye transmits a clear and identical image from retina to the brain, which fuses the two images into a single image with 3 dimensions ( adding depth). When the image is formed on the retina of two eyes is too dissimilar, the brain cannot fuse the two images and suppresses the more blurred image. As a result, the worse eye does not learn to 'see' and becomes 'lazy'. This condition is seen in 1-4% of population.
The common causes for dissimilar images or Amblyopia are:
1. Misalignment of the eyes or squint: It is the primary reason for Amblyopia is misalignment of the eyes. In case, both your eyes are not aimed in the same direction, the image captured by each eye is different , resulting in diplopia. The brain will see from the dominant eye and suppress image from the other eye. Over a prolonged period of time, the eye dissociates from the visual cortex of the brain.
2. Refractive Amblyopia:
- Unequal refractive error in both eye. When the eye power of both eyes differ by more than 1.5D of spherical equivalent, which results in dissimilar images between the two eyes. As a result, the visual development in restricted in the worse eye.
- High refractive error or astigmatism in both eyes, since there is a blurred image in both eyes, the normal vision development does not occur in either eyes resulting in bilateral lazy eyes.
3. Cloudiness in visual system or visual deprivation Amblyopia: Any kind of obstruction or cloudiness in the normal visual axis of the eye tissues can lead to Amblyopia. Disorder of any kind, which blocks a clear image from being focused blocks the formation of a clear image on your retina. Commonly due to congenital or developmental cataracts or corneal opacities or prolonged closure of one eye in early childhood( drooping of one eyelid, eyelid swelling, patching of one eye).
Treatment for Amblyopia: For treatment of Amblyopia, a child must be compelled to utilize his affected, weaker eye. This can be done by correction of causative factor such as, treating refractive error with glasses, surgical correction of misalignment of eyes followed by patching and vision therapy, cataract surgery.
Patching or occlusion of the good eye: This is done to force the brain to pay attention to visual input from the worse eye. This allows nerve connections between affected eye and brain to develop due to, which the eye 'learns to see'. Eye drops such as atropine are also used for blurring the vision of the good eye. Some form of vision therapy may also be required to train both eyes to see together and develop some degree of depth perception.
To be effective, treatment should be implement as early as possible , within the period of normal visual development best within first 8 years of life. Some visual gain has been seen in selected patients up to age of 14 to 18 years. This also highlights the importance of a comprehensive eye examination as a routine in young children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.