Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I had sex with my bf but does not feel painful n I have not bleed is this means I am virgin please reply clearly I lost my virginity or not.
Hi. Every month 14 days before period I get breast tenderness a lot. It's really very uncomfortable for me. And also I get depression and angry as well. Breast tenderness more than worse for me. We are trying to get pregnant since three months. But I did not get pregnancy. Is this hormonal imbalance or not? I have regular periods.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid is produced in the stomach, it starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, amongst others. So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list!
- Obesity: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Alcohol and Smoking: The muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go Gluten Free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut out ingredients including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tracts can handle.
- Other Dietary Measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit so that it can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and Well Timed Meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing of stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and putting in a small amount of exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required.
Dear sir. I am a married man. I have two females. One of 19 yr other is of 13. My wife don't want third child, what precautions we should adopt during inter cross. She starts oral pills but due to reaction milk secretion in her breasts starts and doctor advised her to discontinue the pills. Copper t was also used but bleeding problem starts, we don't want family planning. During inter cross I throw the sperm outside due to this problem I start master beat. Pl guide me in this regard so that I can live a happy marriage life.
If a women get pregnant she does not have periods till the tym of delivery this is cent percent true or certain chance is also there.
The summer heat can be unforgiving at times, especially with the humidity levels on the increase. As you sweat more in summers, water from the body is lost rapidly which may create complications if it is not replenished. Thus foods that contain more water should be emphasized on in hot weather to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
It is also recommended to keep meals light so as not to stress the digestive system too much. The meals that you may enjoy during the scorching summer can be any or all of the following. Read on:
- Fruit salad: Combine various fruits like mangoes, apples and grapes in a salad and eat it during your snack breaks. The fruits provide your body with various macronutrients that boost your immune system and also do not put much stress on the digestive system.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is a drink that is made from curd and various spices like curry leaves and cumin powder are added to it. The drink provides the body with calcium and soothes and boosts the digestive system to prevent various indigestion related problems. It has also been shown to reduce blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Sattu: Sattu is made from roasted gram flour and is a very good source of protein and energy for the body. Sattu contains insoluble fiber which is good for your digestive system. It also helps in cooling the body from the summer heat and fortifies the body with various vitamins to keep you healthy.
- Chickpea salads: Chickpeas mixed with sliced cucumber, onions and various spices can make a wonderful salad for the summer season. Add a tinge of lemon juice to the mix and throw in some diced cheese to make it more satiating. Chickpeas are a good source of protein and manganese which are beneficial for that are beneficial for the body.
- Stir fried vegetables : Vegetables are a good source of fiber and various vitamins which are essential for a healthy body. They do not contain much calories so you may eat them guilt free. You may also pair them with brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to the mix.
I am in 9th week of pregnancy. I am having nausea & vomiting very badly & can not control till last drop even some blood also comes out with it. I am taking parental vitamins & Ondem MD But still daily vomiting is there & even can not digest rice, fruits, milk, coconut water etc Please guide safe way to reduce vomiting. Also having complete stomach muscle pain & back pain due continue vomits.
I am experiencing irregular periods. Usually I had bleeding for 5 days and very mild and bearable pain. Bleeding was more during the 2nd 3rd and 4th day. Done. Over But since two cycles it continues till 7 days accompanied by severe pain in lower abdominal region and feeling of vomiting and loo but doesn't happen and make me feel worsen. I am having change in my daily schedule because of exams (no stress) and bit irregular food habits. I was even having regular safe sex few weeks ago for 2 weeks. What should I do?
I'm a 18 year old girl. I have missed my periods. What medicine should be taken. I have checked from the kit the result was negative but the kit was not stored under 30 degree it was at room temp. This could have changed the result or not? i'm worried I dont know what to do?
PMS or premenstrual syndrome affects women exactly prior to their menstrual cycle. This syndrome may have affects manifold, impacting a woman’s physical health, behavior and emotions. The condition is very common and affects more than 80% of the women before their monthly cycles begin.
The exact cause of PMS is not yet ascertained. It is believed that changes in hormones in the body can lead to PMS. Before the menses start, progesterone and estrogen levels tend to dip in the body. This hormonal dip results in anxiety, anger and irritability issues. Levels of serotonin, a chemical in the brain which affects your moods and thoughts, in the body also decrease at this time. Here are certain factors which make you prone to PMS –
Family history of PMS
Being subject to domestic violence
Emotional and physical trauma
Past history of mood disorders
The menstrual cycle lasts for 28 days. On the 14th day, egg is released from the ovaries; this is known as ovulation. The bleeding or menstruation occurs on the 28th day of the cycle. Symptoms of PMS start to show up from around the 14th day of the cycle.
PMS includes signs such as abdominal cramps, bloating, acne and sudden craving for sweet foods. Stomach disorders such as constipation and diarrhea are also common. Mental disorders such as anxiety and mild depression have also been observed.
Managing PMS Symptoms-
With PMS, one can take these steps to deal with the various signs of discomfort. Here are some remedies to deal with PMS symptoms:
Eat a balanced diet consisting of fruits and vegetables to get Vitamins and minerals in the required amounts.
Keep yourself hydrated to ease symptoms of bloating.
Consuming supplements of folic acid, Vitamin D and calcium can help easing the symptoms.
Sleep for 6-8 hours on a regular basis.
Exercise regularly to beat stress and avoid bloating.
Try relaxation techniques to get rid of stress or at least limit stress levels.
Some pain killers can help combat the pain resulting from muscle aches.
Hi Doctor, I had an unsafe sex with my husband now I have been missing my periods which date is 21st but I missed it I am worried about pregnancy this problem that my period cycle was disturbed 2-3 times but for that I had been medicated but this time I am worried please try to give me suggestion for this.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex after the 10 days of her periods but immediately an hour after she took emergency contraceptive pill. Can she get pregnant?
I love to have sex with my gf without using condom but she scared about pregnancy. What should I do.
25 year female and 4 months pregnant. Vaginal bleeding since 2months. Fasting and ppbs sugar levels are 83, 99 resp. But gtt values are 170, 164, 120, 99 each taken at half an hour intervals. 15th week scan said placenta is 2cm above os. Does my sugar level variation cause vaginal bleeding or is it due to low lying placenta? please help me soon. I am worried.
Anorgasmia, also known as Coughlan's syndrome, is a form of dysfunction, which deters your performance in bed. It is defined as the inability of a patient to achieve an orgasm even with adequate stimulation. Anorgasmia may also refer to long delays in achieving an orgasm, causing significant concern or stress to the patient. This condition is more commonly seen in women, especially those in the postmenopausal age group.This is especially common in women.
Cause of Anorgasmia:
- Trauma to the genital or pelvic organs; this trauma can be acquired from straddle injuries, for example falling off a balance beam or a bicycle
- Complications of surgery in the pelvic area
- Gynecologic operations, difficult childbirth and prosthetic procedures
- Diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries and diabetes mellitus
- Psychological conditions such as anxiety, depression or alcoholism
- Certain kinds of drugs such as antidepressant medications
- Addiction to heroin and other opiates
Occasionally, anorgasmia results from a combination of these causes
Symptoms of Anorgasmia: The primary symptom of anorgasmia is the failure to climax during sexual intercourse. Some patients may also experience a decreased intensity of orgasms, take a longer time than usual to achieve orgasms, and experience pain in lower abdomen or pelvic region during sexual intercourse. These symptoms can produce marked distress for the individual.
Types of Treatments Available: Anorgasmia is best managed by a sexual therapist. These experts are specialists in managing sexual dysfunction, and would initially confirm the diagnosis with several blood tests. A thorough neurological examination will be performed and hormone levels, blood sugar and genital blood flow will be evaluated.
Anorgasmia can be treated with:
- Changes in lifestyle and sexual practices
- Minimizing stress and anxiety
- Trying different techniques of sexual stimulation
- Kegel exercises
- Use of several devices, such as vacuum pumps and vibrators
- Cognitive therapy, a form of behavioral therapy that promotes changes in a person's ideas and attitude towards sexual activity)
- Counseling for couples (to allow them to address any issues in the relationship, at home and in the bedroom)