Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GunrajYour feedback matters!
My 8 year son having vomiting he is not taking food even after take small food he fill vomit and he do not want to eat what could be reason is any serious?
HI Can kids use sunscreen. My daughter is 28 months old & she gets tanned easily because of her sensitive skin. Please suggest a best sunscreen for her face and body both.
The most important concern that any expecting parent can think about is the possibility of a baby born with birth defects. Birth defects are common in the era of modern medicine and advanced technology, but some of the birth defects are easily avoidable.
Birth defects are either Structural Birth Defects or Functional Birth Defects. The structural birth defects include the infant showing abnormal symptoms and progress in muscles and organs whereas, functional birth defects include the defects in systems, which make the body function properly, such as the neurological and endocrine systems.
The most common structural birth defects are given below:
- Missing or abnormal limbs
- Heart defects
- Club foot (when you cannot put your foot sole on the floor)
- Cleft palate (splits or openings in the mouth's roof)
Causes of structural birth defects: The causes of structural birth defects are mainly attributed to genetic disorders or environmental factors such as conception and pregnancy. The external factors include smoking or drinking during pregnancy, deficiency in nutrition or exposure to viruses and other harmful chemicals.
The common functional birth defects are given below:
- Sensory disorder: Disorders in sensory system that can cause blindness and other problems, such as the loss of hearing abilities (both partially and fully).
- Spectrum Disorder: Problem in proper functioning of brain and the nervous system leading to intellectual impairment, ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and disability in speaking and hearing.
- Immunity disorder: It may cause cancer, autoimmune diseases (wherein your body's immune system attacks the healthy tissues) and allergy disorders.
- Degenerative Disorder: In this case, the child grows normally, but later shows problem in functioning and day to day activities. Examples of Degenerative disorder will include Rett syndrome (rare neurological postnatal condition of the brain's grey area) and muscular dystrophy (continuous muscle weakening).
Treatment of Birth defects: Birth defects are recognized by a series of tests conducted during pregnancy. Prenatal ultrasounds can be used to identify birth defects in the uterus. A sample of amniotic fluid (the fluid which surrounds the fetus) can be done along with blood tests to combat birth defects. Some prenatal tests can be done to determine the infections which the mother might have which can cause harm to the infant. There are many medications available to combat birth defects. However, it must be noticed that majority of birth defects can be diagnosed and cured after birth.
She is not gaining average weight. Altghou she is healthy. Age 1 year 5 month Weight 7 kg 200 g Pls give nutritional advice for her.
Sir, My 4months old kid does pass stool once in 3 days that too not properly and also he is passing terrible smelly farts. Can I give him evict syrup please suggest what to do.
I was sincere student till 12th then in college I cannot focus on studies and always tend to postpone important task and if I concentrate too long I feel mentally tired. I always procrastinating and now I want to study but I can not. I think I have adultADHD and due that I feel guilty of not preparing for exams, even in day before exam I cannot focus and do something else and I have other symptoms of adhd like fidgeting and cannot sit at one place.
Doc my son is of one year nd two months. I am worried about his hair. 15 days before Maine usk hair clean karaya the but abi bhi halk halk hair aaye h. What should I do for his gud hair growth. Tell me about diet nd hair care.
My newborn boy baby 7 days old. Sometimes his breath is too strong and fast. I could feel his stomach go up and down fast and strong sometimes. Though its not continuous it happens often. Is this something I need to be worried about.
Hi, I have new born daughter borned on 01/01/2016. Since last 40 days she is not eating well (breast feeding). When ever her mom feed her she starts crying and refusing to eat. After several attempts she is eating but after crying. We checked with 2 pediatrician and both said she is fine as she is.
Which is Best ingredient to milk for babies? Heroics? Pediasure? complain? Boost? How can we make cashwe, pista, almonds familiar or eatable to my baby?
My brother is 8 years old. He has pain in his stomach and sometimes he also get fever. As per report he has few enlarged mesentric lymph nodes which are scattered in lower abdominal cavity. Want to know what kind type of treatment he shall go through to recover.
Recently we blessed with a baby & we are happy. But my baby is not feeding milk properly from mywife's breast & she is suffering from pain.My friends advised me that in this situation I should suck milk from my wife's breast. I am confused what I should do ? Please guide me.
Hello Doctors, Could you please suggest like can we give cow milk to my son (2 months and 6 days ) since my wife is not having breast milk so currently we are giving similac advance 1 so we have a question like for cow milk? Thanks for your valuable suggestions for the further follow up.
I am 15 years old and I suffering from tooth decay. Help me when I wake up in morning I got bad smell from my mouth. Please help me.
Hey Doctor, My daughter is 5 years old. She had fever in past 10 days & since then she is having weakness & low appetite, sometime she gets stomach pain. So doctor please suggest to improve her appetite & remove weakness. Thanks.
My six month daughter does not digest any thing except mother milk. Every time she vomit whenever I give dal.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.