Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Gulshan Rai MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old, and suffering from head each since from one week, please suggest me. Its bcz of spect or what please suggest me.
I had sex on 4 th may and I've taken ipill within 3 hours of intercourse. N next month my periods was on time and was normal. BT this month, in July I've no periods yet and I had sex again and we used condoms and for very first time I bled. Not much but very little. What's the reason? And what's the reason for my delayed periods? Which tests I'm supposed to go through?
We are newly married and we have planned to have sex. But we are not interested in developing our family. Even if my birth part touches my wife's will she become pregnant?
My right foot's sole has been developing something which seems similar to foot corns. Its been spreading through the entire sole of right foot and its paining every day and making it difficult to walk on bare foot as well. It has developed at a rate of 10 to 12 foot corns in the past 2 months. Please suggest what is to be done.
I want to gain weight in a healthier way without eating those mass gaining powders. What should I do?
Im having two fractures on my hand since 1 month but it still pains bit, is it forever to be pain? Will the pain remain forever?
What is the best source of food to cover up anemia in pregnancy, I am three months pregnant and having hb 7.6.kindly inform.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.