Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. GouthamYour feedback matters!
I am 32 year old and have back pain in shoulder & arms neck. Some times I had checked by physio but result was nothing. Physio said I have cervical but I have no idea wht can I do for relax.
I am a 31 years old. Left shoulder in paining from last 6 monhs and thum finger is good no work I am very unconscious feel in left thump. what should i do sir ?
I am 27 year old I have pain in my left leg from last night I take pain killer but there are no relief kindly suggest me medicine or advice thank you.
I am 58 yrs. S. Suffering from ostoartherities. What shud I avoid so that I can lead a normal life ?
I had spondolities c 345 & l 23 were compressed. As I was told I have lost 20 kgs & 7 inches on waistline. After about 6 years I am noticing some pain in my neck. What should I do? my height is 172 cms & my weight is 66kgs.
Hi I am 43year old I an having bones problem some time I can not walk also I had been using some oils but its not working. Please refer me what I have to do and which kind of doctor I have to consult. It will help me.
I am suffering from back pain I always get back pain whenever I come from my washroom I also have one more problem is that I can not wake up early morning and also I can not sleep whole night.
Hi doctor I am felling a little pain in back when I sit forward in classroom for a long time and I fell I can't stand anymore in class. What medicine do you suggest me to take and get rid of this pain.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.