Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Goutam Majundar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Goutam MajundarYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor,. My sister's recently gave birth to a baby girl 3 days ago. This evening, the baby underwent the bilirubin neonatal test just before the mom and the baby were to be discharged from the hospital. Although the report was ready, my sister could not consult to the doctor about it. Bilirubin total: 10.35 mg/dL. Biological reference interval: 0.00 - 1.00 Bilirubin Direct: 0.98 mg/dL. Biological reference interval: 0.00 - 0.25 Bilirubin Indirect: 9.37 mg/dL. Biological reference interval: 0.00 - 0.75 You can notice that the actual values are way out of the normal range, all on the higher side. At this time, none of the doctors is available for consultation. Can you guide me what are the implications of these readings? Is it normal with 2-3 days old babies? Is it a matter to worry about? Thanks in advance,
My son just 5 months old we are giving him only mothers milk .but we think that only mothers milk is not sufficient for stomach full so please suggested some alternative.
My baby is six months old. His left eye is tearing daily after his bath. And his both eyes are watery. Please advice me what should I do.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.