Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gouri M DeviYour feedback matters!
hello , my wife is pregnant for 6 months & she is suffering from headache & back pain from last 15 days so please tell us what should we do & also tell us about what she should eat for the health of her baby & her.
I M female. Married before 2 years. Want to plan for baby. But unable to conceive. My period is also going to regular. please suggest me.
I am 26 yr female. I had last protected sex on 6 may. and my periods date is 14 may. Last month date was 14 april. When should I have pregnancy test?
I am 35 years old. Dear sir/ madam my fsh levels are 64 and tsh 2.2. My hormone levels r high and my doctor has said that fsh levels r too high that have gone to menopause stage. My periods r irregular. For 2 to 3 months. I had one child of 6 years old. But now I am interested for getting second child. So give me any suggestion to have a child naturally. Thank you sir/madam.
I did blood test and results show as positive for Herpes. I have frequent outbreaks of this on my Genital. I also have borderline Diabetes. Can I be ever cured of Herpes? Will I be able to lead a normal sex life?
Im 30 year old and in my usg there were small cyst in ovary.After blood investigation all harmones are normal t3 t4 tsh fsh lh.Etc.Will there be any problem in conciveing?
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
4. Sterilization - Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants:
5. Condoms - If you use condoms perfectly every single time you have sex, they're 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. The best way to make condoms work as well as possible is to use them correctly every single time you have vaginal, oral, and anal sex. That means wearing it the whole time, from start to finish. Make sure the condom is rolled on your penis the right way before there's any skin-to-skin genital contact. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 27 years old. Got married since 3 yrs. I want to know what is the exact day for ovulation. Because all doctors are saying from 10 to18 days of cycle. But in regular periods what is the exact date I want ti know. My cycle is regular with 26 days. So please tell me the ovulation date.
I am 26 years old woman. My periods are not normal. I am not pcod patient. So why my periods not come every month same day?
Hi doctor, 3 months before married to my wife 26 yrs. But after intercourses not conceived, so after consulting a DGO done a ultrasonography- abdomen & pelvis (TAS & TVS). In the result given, minimal free fluid in the POD Impression:- USG Abdomen and pelvis reveled 1. Polycystic ovarian disease is of concern Given. From this what we want to mean. She showed the doctor with scan report, but doctor said nothing and currently in scan reports coming pcod and no need any medicines. Kindly reply me as soon as possible.
I am a 25 years old girl. I have. hemophilia type 7. I am going to marry my lover in 4 months. If I pregnant any problem for this.
My girl friend want to do sex with out condom and she said before ejection of sperm eject the penis from her sexual part. Is that a secure to avoid a pregnancy and HIV aids Suggest me plz.
I got pregnant and I'm getting dark patches below my eyes, what shou I do? Is it normal to get those patches during initial days of pregnancy?
I have a fibroadenoma in my left breast since 22 months as I am lactating mother of 22 month old. How should it be treated.
The human jaw is a very important part of human anatomy and within it, the mandible or the lower jaw is very important as it is the movable part which helps you chew and enables you to open or close the mouth. The lower jaw is connected to the skull via the TMJ or the Temporo-mandibular joint. It works like a hinge which slides as and when required to allow movement of the jaw. TMJ disorder can be quite painful and limit you from normal activities and cause disruptions in your daily life.
Causes of TMJ-
The TMJ works as a movable joint where the bone area in contact with each other is covered by cartilage and a small shock absorbing soft disk separates the two cartilages. The disk enables the movements to be smooth. Any changes in this arrangement will usually result in pain. The primary causes for TMJ disorders could be summed up as follows –
Misalignment – If the TMJ moves out of alignment due to underlying factors, it will cause pain and the inability to move the joint.
Erosion of the cartilage or the disk – If the cartilage or the disk separating them erodes, then TMJ disorders might occur.
Arthritis – Just as arthritis affects knees, wrists, elbows and finger joints, it could cause TMJ disorders as well.
Impact – One of the most common causes of TMJ disorders, this may occur due to injuries sustained from forceful impacts.
Pain or tenderness around the jaws.
You may experience pain on either or both sides of the temporo-mandibular joint.
Even if you don’t have pain in the specific joint, you may have an aching facial pain.
The most common and typical symptom of TMJ is of pain while chewing. Your pain may progressively get worse over time if you have a deteriorating condition.
Pain in and around the ears may also be a symptom of TMJ disorders.
Difficulty in opening or closing your jaw either due to stiffness, pain or both.
Treatments vary between various methods and approaches and the severity of the pain or condition and the underlying causes. Some of the options are:
Oral Medications – Pain killers, muscle relaxants and anti–inflammatory medications are usually prescribed to reduce pain while the jaw may be healing or for underlying causes that may result in pain.
Physical Therapies – This is another common method wherein the doctors may use a device to keep the jaw stiff or stop them from moving in a particular way in which it causes pain. Mouth guards or oral splints are such devices. Dislocation may have to be corrected by physical pressure and setting the bone back into the joint as well.
I am 29 I am not getting monthly periods from one year I am married and my husband forces me to take I pill and I have put on 6 kgs and I have gastric problem also
Hi I am suffering from right breast pain to right hand from last one year and also consulted to the doctors they maid many tests like X ray and ultrasound even ecg but every thing is normal.
In this fast-moving world, there is no room for self. Growth of IT firms and other long-hour demanding work has led to compromises in your lifestyle - long hours in front of computer, sleeplessness, late-night sleeping, quick bites, leaving us with emotions of anger, anxiety, stress and so on. This is a major reason why people today are hypertensive.
Diseases due to Hypertension: Tension and stress are the building blocks of numerous serious ailments like cardiovascular diseases, asthma, spondylitis (back pain) and grey hair. You may also suffer from gastritis leading to ulcer.
Natural ways to treat Hypertension : Ideally, tension and stress are not diseases. If you can control these, you can control the conditions that take root because of them. Naturopathic (or alternative medicine) treatments for tension and stress are most ideal.
Here are some natural ways to treat hypertension.
- Sleep well: An adult should sleep for a minimum of 7-8 hours daily. Your body cells rejuvenate while you are in a relaxed state. Many jobs demand late-night work or night shift work. However, your body is meant to sleep early at night. Instead of working late night, you can start your work early.
- Eat right: Stress leads to elevated levels of sugar in your body. Try to avoid sugary content food. Your body needs balanced diet of proteins, carbohydrates, less of fats, and more of vitamins and minerals. For proteins, eat fish, eggs or white meat. For vegetarians, you can have soy, cereals and protein drinks. Diet must include milk products like yoghurt, milk, vegetables rich in minerals and vitamins and roughage (salads).
- Destressing exercises: Nowadays, most of the jobs demand sitting for long hours. Physical activity is one of the ways to de-stress your body. A 45-minute walk would also help. Alternatively, yoga or tai-chi type marital art helps to de-stress. Breathing techniques involved in meditation also play a vital role.
- Anger management: Develop patience. That would automatically lead to anger management at your workplace as well as at home. Be a good listener. Laughter therapy also helps as it releases many happy hormones in the body.
- Supplement for stress: This has to be the last tip when you do not perform the first four. Multivitamins containing vitamin B and minerals such as magnesium are recommended. You can count on certain herbs such as Ashwaganda, Ginseng, Rhodiola and St. John's Wort.
Despite following these tips, you may still face problems because every human is different and reaction to every remedy could be different. In such cases, approach for expert advice.