Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gouri M DeviYour feedback matters!
Yes there was no development of fetus thats why it got clear with d&c it was about 2&half month. Nw tg thyroid is normal & I am taking thyronorm properly. From 2 month I am planning for pregnancy but getting period. Pls help.
I am having a breast pain on left side and am 6 weeks pregnant please advise how to get cure of this instantly.
My friend have some problem after eating a birth pill, even she don't know it is the symptom of pill or not ,there were some water after pressing her nipples, she have eaten ipill around 20 hours ago. Is it normal symptoms?
Hello doctor. I am 23 years married girl. My menstrual cycle is normal of 30 days & bleeding for 4 days. My lmp was 12 june. Since last 6-7 days i'm getting cramping pain in my lower abdomen. What will be the reason?
Is touching and kissing on breast unhygienic? Is touching, rubbing and kissing vagina unhygienic? Is lip kissing unhygienic? Please clarify on each.
My wife's Blood type is O negative. We are vegetarian. Please let me know which foods (including dry foods) are helpful for pregnancy. Secondly, considering the fact that it is not easily available, please also mention foods which increases/helps to maintain sufficient the O negative blood in body.
My wife period is irregular it's come after 2-3 months .4 years ago he put Cooper -T now he removed Cooper -T Pls suggest.
Hii dc I had sex with my Boyfriend on 8th of May n my periods got over by 3rd of May. I had unwanted 72 within 24 hours. N then after 5 days. Bleeding started it ws continue till 4 days like normal periods typ. N still I haven't get my periods. The last time bleeding ws on 15th of May after having unwanted 72 n my date ws 29th but still I haven't gt my periods yet. Plzzzzz dc hlp me m really vry worry about it. N plzz tell me wht date should I consider for my periods 15th or 29? please hlp me waiting for your response. Thanks.
I hv been married for last 4 and half years and m trying to conceive from last 2 years but no success yet. Our all tests are done, mine all test reports r normal like Fallopian tubes open etc. The problem is with my husbands sperm count as it is low and keeps on fluctuating like 20 million, 35 million. So please suggest what should we do now, shall we go for iui and what its success rate in our case. Will it be healthy pregnancy and everything will be fine in future. Please suggest what should we do.
I'm 22 years old. I dnt got my periods this month and my belly size has been increased. Nd also there is a pain n stomach sometimes and I have increased weight from 43 to 47 within a month.
My last period date is 16 june .now I hav to go out of station. If their is a good news then I cycle my trip. please tel me how earlier we check dat I conceiving or not.
Miscarriage basically refers to the phenomenon, when a developing embryo or the foetus in a pregnant woman dies a natural death, before it can manage to survive on its own. The common signs of miscarriage are vaginal bleeding accompanied with pain. It leads to depression, anger and guilt. The reasons for miscarriage are manyincluding use of tobacco, smoking, diabetes, extreme obesity, drug or alcoholic addiction. Here are some important signs that indicate you might be miscarrying:
- Bleeding: Recurrence of bleeding, which keeps on starting and stopping indicates the downfall of your hormonal balance. You must get your pregnancy hormone levels checked. Very intense bleeding, which accounts for soaking your pad within an hour is an indication of the beginning of a miscarriage. However, bleeding is a common factor in normal pregnancy as well.
- Cramps: Severe cramps in the vaginal region, accompanied by very heavy breathing and suffocation are other signs that you might be headed for a miscarriage. Sometimes, bleeding occurs along with the cramping.
- Disappearance of Pregnancy Symptoms: If you are pregnant, but the signs and symptoms of pregnancy start disappearing, a miscarriage may be indicated. However, it might not be the first major signal. For normal pregnant women, the signs of pregnancy do not appear for many days. You may not feel nauseated or your breasts do not get sore. For ten to fourteen weeks, this phenomenon is a normal one. However, in case it continues for a more prolonged duration, it might be an early sign of miscarriage.
- Pregnancy test results vary between positive and negative: Results of a pregnancy test done very early may vary between positive and negative. This is completely normal. In case of obtaining the same results when you are already over two weeks pregnant, it may indicate a miscarriage. You might be having an ectopic pregnancy. Spotting is also noticed in the vaginal region. If you had a pregnancy test showing positive results, but the results come negative after re-taking the test a few weeks later, it is high time for you to consult a gynaecologist. You have to deal with ectopic pregnancy before choosing a surgical path. Varying results signify that something is wrong. The urine produced by the body is less concentrated.
A case of miscarriage is very painful for the pregnant woman as well as her family. You should keep healthy, and avoid all bad habits to keep away from miscarriage.
Pumpkin seeds are a perfect choice for a healthy snack to munch on during boring afternoons. They are not just tasty, but immensely healthy. These seeds can be called as nutritional powerhouse that are packed with nutrients, which are required for the overall sustenance of health. Some of the most impressive benefits of pumpkin seeds include:
- Magnesium for healthy heart: One-fourth cup of pumpkin seeds contains about half of the regularly suggested intake of magnesium which in turn helps the body in performing a wide range of vital physiological functions. When an individual takes the required amount of magnesium, it boosts the production of ATP, synthesis of RNA molecules, rhythmic pumping of the heart, proper formation of the tooth and bone and relaxation of the veins and vessels carrying blood. It has been shown that eating pumpkin seeds regularly keeps the blood pressure under control and reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke as well.
- Zinc for assisting immunity: Pumpkin seeds are also a good source of zinc, and one ounce of this seed contains about 2 mg of the mineral. Zinc is essential for the body for a host of reasons such as immunity, growth of cells, proper sleep, lifting mood, replenishing the senses and is critical to eye and skin health. It is also known to help in regulating the insulin levels and improving male sexual power. Quite many people around the world do not get the right supply of this beneficial mineral due to mineral depletion of soil, effects of harmful drugs and consumption of plant-based diets. One can consume pumpkin seeds daily to combat common health issues such as cold and flu, depression, skin problems and acne and chronic fatigue.
- Omega-3 fatty acids to control cholesterol: Nuts and seeds including pumpkin seeds are known to be viable sources of Omega-3 fatty acids or alpha-linolenic acid. It is required by all individuals and the body then converts it to the more useful fats called the DHA and EPA. By eating an ounce of pumpkin seeds every day, one can intake an excellent source of good cholesterol.
- Tryptophan for restful sleep: Tryptophan belongs to the amino acid group. This is a protein building block found in abundance in the pumpkin seeds. This tryptophan is converted into serotonin by the body which in turn is transformed into melatonin or the sleep hormone. Those who have trouble sleeping can take a handful of pumpkin seeds along with some fruit pieces right before going to bed to see desirable results. The pumpkin seeds will supply the body with the required amount of tryptophan which will be converted to the sleep hormone and promote a restful sleep all through the night.
The pumpkin seeds can be stored and carried easily and require no refrigeration. Charged with a lot of nutrients ranging from copper to manganese, zinc to protein, pumpkin seeds should be considered as a healthy snack that can regularly be taken to enjoy a host of health advantages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
# Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of an Aedes mosquito infected with a dengue virus. The mosquito becomes infected when it bites a person with dengue virus in their blood. It can’t be spread directly from one person to another person.
# Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection and last for up to 10 days, may include:
- Sudden high fever,
- Severe headaches,
- Pain behind the eyes,
- Severe joint and muscle pain,
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever,
- Mild bleeding (such a nose bleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising).
# Diagnosing Dengue Fever
Doctors can diagnose dengue infection with a blood test to check for the virus or antibodies to it. If you become sick after traveling to a tropical area, let your doctor know. This will allow your doctor to evaluate the possibility that your symptoms were caused by a dengue infection.
# Treatment for Dengue Fever
There is no specific medicine to treat dengue infection. If you think you may have dengue fever, you should use pain relievers with acetaminophen and avoid medicines with aspirin, which could worsen bleeding. You should also rest, drink plenty of fluids, and see your doctor. If you start to feel worse in the first 24 hours after your fever goes down, you should get to a hospital immediately to be checked for complications.