Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gitika Arora
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gitika AroraYour feedback matters!
1. It keeps your immune system at great -- sexually active people take fewer sick days. People who have sex have higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders. Studies found that college students who had sex once or twice a week had higher levels of certain antibody compared to students who had sex less often.
You should still do all the other things that make your immune system happy, such as:
Eat right- balance diet.
Stay active - do morning workouts.
Get enough sleep- at least 6-8 hours.
Always use a condom if you don't know both of your std statuses.
2. It boosts your libido -- having sex will make sex better and will improve your libido. For women, having sex ups vaginal lubrication, blood flow, and elasticity, she says, all of which make sex feel better and help you crave more of it.
3. It improves women's bladder control -- a strong pelvic floor is important for avoiding&nbsp;incontinence, something that will affect about 30% of women at some point in their lives.
Good sex is like a workout for your pelvic floor muscles. When you have an orgasm, it causes contractions in those muscles, which strengthens them.
4. Can be counted as an exercise -- sex is a really great form of exercise. It won't replace the treadmill, but it counts for something.
Sex uses about five calories per minute, four more calories than watching tv. It gives you a one-two punch: it bumps up your heart rate and uses various muscles.
So get busy! you may even want to clear your schedule to make time for it on a regular basis. Like with exercise, consistency helps maximize the benefits.
5. It lowers your blood pressure -- research suggests a link between sex and lower blood pressure. There have been many studies - one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure. That's the first number on your blood pressure test.
6. Can lower heart attack risk -- a good sex life is good for your heart. Besides being a great way to raise your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance. When either one of those is low you begin to get lots of problems, like osteoporosis and even heart disease.
Having sex more often may help. During one study, men who had sex at least twice a week were half as likely to die of heart disease as men who had sex rarely.
7. As a pain-reducer -- before you reach for an aspirin, try for an orgasm. Orgasm can block pain -- it releases a hormone that helps raise your pain threshold.
Stimulation without orgasm can also do the trick. It has been found that vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and many women have genital self-stimulation can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
8. Reduces the chances of prostate cancer -- men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer. You don't need a partner to reap this benefit: sexual intercourse, nocturnal emission, and masturbation were all part of the equation.
However it is still not clear that sex was the only reason that mattered in this aspect. As lot of factors affect cancer risk. But more sex won't hurt it rather.
9. It improves sleep -- you may nod off more quickly after sex, and for good reason. After orgasm, the hormone prolactin is released, which is responsible for the feelings of relaxation and sleepiness.
10. Stress reliever -- being close to your partner can soothe stress and anxiety. Touching and hugging can release your body's natural feel-good hormone. sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system.
Sex and intimacy can boost your self-esteem and happiness, too.
It's not only a prescription for a healthy life, but a happy one.
Hello Dr. I want to know that before period how many days is safe for sex and after period also so that for no pregnancy. And at this age how long should be do for sex to have good health.
I am suffering from p. C. O. D, weight, fatty lever. Difficulty to conceive. Please tell me the possible way to conceive ?
I have not cure periods at the time. It will late and once it will come then it not be stopped. What I should do?
Hi doctor, I had my ovary cyst on my right side it was 6 mm in the month of August. Before that my doctor (Gy) gave me "siphene 100gm" tablet to take for 5 days, she suggest me to take from 2nd day of my menstrual day, September month when I did my scan my cyst was reduce to 4.5 mm, but in October it's become 10. 3 mm. Doctor asked me to take birth control pills but I am trying to get pregnant. So there is any other way that I can do without operation and without birth control pills. Can I get a pregnant during cyst in ovary? please suggest me.
Hi doctor. I am 25 years old married women my quest is on april 5th was my last period in may it was 10 days late so I thought i am pregnant I was planning to do pregnancy test but on 14 th I was having stomach pain and also I had some bleeding so I have seen in net that spotting is the symptoms of pregnancy the stomach pain was like normal pain like periods so I want to no whether im I pregnant or its a misscarriage. Please help me.
Hallo Doctor I was advised to Take clomifene citrate Ferri 50mg Tablet since I had pco and a miscarriage. I just took it 1 month and last month my period was Naturally in 14. This month Its already 5 days Delay. May I know the possible reasons. Will period occur für Sure After this medicine.
I have blood in urine, can you aware me about problem that If after drinking lot of water even then there is trace of blood seen in urine with cloudy urine. Is this blood comes from kidneys or uterus or lower urinary tract?
During pregnancy, flu (influenza) can impose serious health implications for both the mother and the child. Due to pregnancy, the risk of developing complications like pneumonia are very high, which can pose as a problem during childbirth. Miscarriage, low birth weight, premature birth are some of the major issues, which might develop if the mother has suffered from flu during her pregnancy. Although flu vaccination during pregnancy has certain risks, it has been observed that in most cases the benefits of inactivated influenza vaccine outweigh the risks. However, Live attenuated influenza vaccine is not recommended at all during pregnancy.
Recommendations across the world suggest that prevention of influenza by administration of inactivated influenza vaccine is the best intervention in pregnancy. The vaccine for Flu should be administered before the onset of flu season. RANZCOG, NHS UK, RCOG, FOGSI recommends inactivated flu vaccine for all the pregnant women unless there are any contraindications.
Taking inactivated influenza vaccine can be beneficial in multiple ways:
- Prevents maternal complications: During pregnancy, the heart and lungs go through extra stress. Pregnancy can also severely impact your immune system. Opting for a inactivated flu vaccine can decrease significantly, the chance of falling severely ill due to flu.
- Prevents pregnancy problems due to flu: Getting infected by flu during pregnancy can increase the chance of miscarriage during childbirth. Administering inactivated flu shots can prevent miscarriage as well as premature birth and low birth weight.
- Protects the baby after birth: Infants have a huge risk of getting infected with flu after birth. But as vaccines cannot be administered to them until they are 6 months old, it is the best recourse to opt for inactivated flu shots during pregnancy as the antibodies pass onto the child from the mother via placenta. The child can hence be protected from such diseases.
Often, one fear about the vaccine, is the development of Gullain Barre syndrome. This is very rare and the risk of GBS are higher following influenza like illness. Also, if the patient is allergic to eggs they are advised to consult a physician. Flu vaccines have traces of egg protein in it. Certain precautions are taken after studying the patient's medical history. The doctor may keep the patient under observation. Or in certain instances the physician might suggest alternative flu vaccine, which do not contain egg protein. Physicians decide it after studying any prior allergic reaction.
As per the WHO SAGE position paper, from 1990 to 2009 the vaccine adverse event reporting system database in USA reported only 20 serious adverse events following administration of trivalent influenza vaccine to an estimated 11.8 million pregnant women.
Hi, I got married 4 months back and trying for pregnancy from past 2 months but i am not able to conceive, I am 24 years old. Please let me know. My periods are normal.
I have flabby stomach, I am 40 yrs, 153 cm, 57 kg. I have lost 4 kg in the past 3 months with careful eating and hi it almost daily. But I feel, the thighs and stomach is not flatenning enough, I have oats for fast, 2roti,dal sabzi in lunch, one roti and dal sabzi for dinner by 7-7.30 pm.What should I incorporate to loose more, target being 52 kg, and flatten stomach and toned thighs. feel I am on a plateau. For a month now. Help.
Health benefits of pickles
Free radical scavenging from antioxidants: pickles can be good source of antioxidants, especially decalepis hamiltonii or swallow root. As the vegetables or unripe fruits are stored fresh without cooking, the antioxidants present in those vegetables or unripe fruits are preserved as it is. Antioxidants are those micronutrients that help in protecting our body against the attacks of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable chemicals that are produced during cellular metabolism. These unstable chemicals react with our cells and damage our dna to become unstable and in the process, create more and more free radicals. We can protect ourselves from free radical attacks by consuming food with high antioxidants. A lot of emphasis these days is put on antioxidants by dieticians and doctors.
Supply of probiotic or gut-friendly bacteria: probiotic bacteria are those friendly bacteria that are present in our digestive system. These bacteria actually help us in the digestion of food. Sometimes, due to the use of antibiotics, along with invading bacteria, these friendly bacteria are also killed. The fall in their numbers can cause digestive problems that can be solved by eating pickles made without the use of vinegar. Naturally fermented salt pickles encourage the growth of these friendly bacteria, which will replenish the numbers in our digestive system and restore our health.
Supply of essential minerals and vitamins: fresh pickles, dips or chutneys are made from leafy vegetables or herbs such as coriander, curry leaves, spinach, parsley, and amaranth. These fresh pickles are interesting and appetizing ways of making children eat their share of leafy vegetables and herbs, which are otherwise boring for children. Eating freshly made pickles not only tastes good, but they also supply essential vitamins such as vitamin c, a, k, folate and minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Vitamins and minerals are vital micronutrients which protect us from diseases, help us build immunity, bone strengthening, vision protection, curing anemia, and various other functions.
Diabetes control: studies have shown that consuming vinegar based pickles improves hemoglobin levels in diabetic patients, which in turn helps in controlling diabetes. The acetic acid present in vinegar has been noted to be responsible for this phenomenon. However, care must be taken to avoid the consumption of salted pickles as excess salt increases blood pressure.
Improves digestion: in india, indian gooseberry or amla (phyllanthus emblica) is one of the favourite fruits that are pickled. This fruit is believed to possess several health benefits according to ayurveda treatments and moreover, since amla is a seasonal fruit, unripe amla pickles are prepared. It is customary practice in some indian families to have amla pickle as the first course or an appetizer as it is believed that amla pickle improves digestion.
Liver protection: apart from benefits such as improved digestion, amla or gooseberry pickle also has hepatoprotective properties. Studies have shown that when amla extracts were administered on lab animals with chemical-induced hepatotoxicity or liver damage, the damage was reduced significantly.
Reduces ulcers: ulcers are internal wounds caused due to a failure of mucus membranes and acid interaction on tissues. Particularly, gastric ulcers are caused by a weakening of mucous membrane and hyperacidity. Regular consumption of amla or indian gooseberry pickles also help in reducing ulcers, if any.
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant. Her tsh count is 5. 56 doc gave her thyroxine 25 mg once daily. Is this dosage enough?
So what I am do by which pregnancy not occurs for five years any type of solution please help me out.
My friend got clots and mild flow of blood on 14th day of her last period. It has not stopped. Whats the issue?
Avoid dental X-rays during pregnancy. If X-rays are essential (such as in a dental emergency), your dentist will use extreme caution to safeguard you and your baby. Advances in technology have made X-rays much safer today than in past decades.
Don't skip your dental checkup appointment simply because you are pregnant. Now more than any other time, regular periodontal (gum) exams are very important, because pregnancy causes hormonal changes that put you at increased risk for periodontal disease and for tender gums that bleed easily – a condition called pregnancy gingivitis. Pay particular attention to any changes in your gums during pregnancy. If tenderness, bleeding or gum swelling occurs at any time during your pregnancy, talk with your dentist or periodontist as soon as possible.
Eating Right for Your Teeth and Baby
Avoid sugary snacks. Sweet cravings are common during pregnancy. However, keep in mind that the more frequently you snack, the greater the chance of developing tooth decay.
Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Your baby's first teeth begin to develop about three months into pregnancy. Healthy diets containing dairy products, cheese, and yogurt are a good source of these essential minerals and are good for baby's developing teeth, gums, and bones.