Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gitika Arora
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gitika AroraYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods, usually it occurs 7-10 days before. Also, sometimes I have itching on my breast. What should I do?
Sir my gf's period is normal. But she suffers from normal Likoria problem rest of the month. But recently for sores on tongue she took some powerful medicine from local doctor. After taking that, she didn't get fit. And, now she is feeling always illness, pain in belly, sometimes headache etc. Big problem is that she is now facing some RED-WHITE coloured Likoria. This is happening since last 5 days. At evening, it comes out more RED syrup. As a result of this two problem (mouth problem and likoria) she can't take food properly, always off moored, getting more ill day by day. Please sir/mam, prescribe some medicine and health tips for her likoria problem. Thank you.
I have taken the seven days treatment for leucorrhoea but its not gone. What should I do? (My doc told me that its a normal infection and go away within 7 days of treatment)
I am Having bad teeth pain problem during pregnancy can I do root canal is it safe coz its painful please help.
My period is 15 days late. Pregnancy test shows negative. I am having some important religious trip. So I want to take primolut n tablets. Is that effects if I am pregnant. Can that tablet cause periods after delaying? Please suggest me I don't know what to do? I am having pcos.
When I involve in sex act with my wife, her bodies will sweat a lot it happens though we have bath before sex, is she normal if yes how can we avoid It? if we dont open windows before our sex sounds may come out of room Please help on this.
I am getting dizziness and vomiting sensation while having sex .I cannot satisfy my husband. His penis doesn't enter into me completely. Do I have any problem?
The sexual health of a human being depends on various factors. These may include the physiological make up of the individual as well as the emotional well being and finally also, the physical health of the person. Ailments, illnesses and diseases can have a huge bearing on the sexual health of an individual, and a cancer patient is no different. Cancer can have a profound effect on one's sexual health:
- Sexual Dysfunction: There are various kinds of cancer and cancer treatments that can suck the energy out of the patient. This also affects the sexual drive and health of the patient. Sexual dysfunction is a common by product of many such treatments, with at least 50% women patients suffering from the same, after breast and cervical cancer.
- Surgery: This is a factor that has a high relation with the sex drive of the patient. Any surgery that is related to cancer usually takes a toll on the body, and leads to a diminishing interest in various areas like food, and sex.
- Tumour: The size and location of the tumour has a major effect on the way a person behaves sexually after treatment and surgery. The tumour decides the severity and aftermath of the treatment and surgery, as well as the amount of tissue that is eventually removed. This can affect the performance and interest of a person in terms of sex.
- Chemotherapy: This kind of therapy and treatment as well as a lot of radiation can lead to side effects like nausea, vomiting, loose motions, dizzy spells, weight loss or gain, and even loss of hair. All these factors greatly affect the person's self image and self esteem which in turn have a bearing on how the person reacts sexually. Most men and women do not have the energy or the drive for sexual intercourse after chemotherapy.
- Prostate Cancer: Getting an erection and achieving ejaculation becomes quite a challenge with this kind of cancer because of the location of the prostate gland where the tumour is generally located.
- Hormones: While the hormones get altered during the treatment and also due to the hormonal treatment that is a part of the therapy followed for cancer patients, the psychological impact and the sexual disinterest is apparent in the patients as well.
Cancer has been regarded as one of the most deadly diseases. It is a non-communicable chronic disorder, caused by uncontrolled growth of cells in the human body. Every year over 7 million people succumb to this disease globally and over 12 million people are diagnosed with cancer. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), estimated that India will observe over 8 lakh deaths and over 17 lakh new cancer cases annually by the year 2020. The survival expectancy of a cancer patient depends upon the stage of diagnosis.
There are some forms of cancer which show any noticeable symptoms only in the final stage while there are certain other subtle symptoms which if paid attention to might save a life.
Some common signs of cancer:
- Unexplained weight loss: This is one of the earliest noticeable symptoms of cancer and is particularly common in patients of lung and breast cancer. Weight loss has been observed in over 40% of cancer patients at the time of diagnosis. Losing over 10% of body weight in a span of 6 months or less could be a cause of concern.
- Wheezing: This is associated with lung cancer, which is also the most common form of cancer. When the airway in the lungs is pressed or narrowed by a tumor, it creates a wheezing sound while breathing.
- Frequent infections: Frequent infections and fever may indicate that something is not right with the internal organs of the body. This could be because of cancerous conditions such as leukemia or lymphoma.
- Loss of appetite: Cancer impacts the metabolic process of the body, hence often leads to a loss of appetite. This is particularly a symptom of colon, stomach, ovaries and pancreatic cancer.
- Blood in stool/urine: Traces of blood while passing stool or urine could be a symptom of cancer. Though, this could be attributed to many other infections and conditions as well.
- Chronic cough: Flu and cough along with symptoms like chest pain, hoarseness, weight loss and fatigue could be because of lung cancer.
- Night sweats: Though night sweat could be attributed to many more reasons, it is also one of the many early warning signs of cancer.
Cancer symptoms specific to men:
- Blood in semen
- Pain during ejaculation
- Lump in testicles
Cancer symptoms specific to women:
Early detection is the key to success in your fight against cancer. So, if you witness any of the above symptoms get yourself diagnosed at the earliest. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!