Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gitika Arora
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gitika AroraYour feedback matters!
My wife gave birth to a baby girl 6 months before by operation and now she is again pregnant of 4 weeks is it possible to do abortion by pills or any other method will it be safe for her?
Hello doctor Today early morning I took a pregnancy test with prega news. And there are two red lines appears. I think its positive. But I have a thyroid problem. And I am taking thyronorm 100 with vitamins and calcium tablets. My treatment is going under a physician here. Also I have JME problem for which I am taking Valprol CR500 under a neurologist. What according to you should I consult first? Big confusion.
I had a small slightly enlarged follicle on my left labia which I had squeezed earlier and a bit of pus/ingrown hair follicle white stuff with a hair came out. It was still slightly enlarged for 5 days and grew into a large pimple overnight last night. I squeezed that and much more pus and then clear fluid came out. I applied Boro Plus antiSeptic cream. What more should I do?
Unlucky people are generally more tense than lucky people, and this anxiety disrupts their ability to notice the unexpected. As a result, they miss opportunities because they are too focused on looking for something else. They go to parties'; intent on finding their perfect partner.
What is a hysterectomy and why do you need it?
A hysterectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the uterus, which is a muscular organ that carries and nourishes the baby during pregnancy. This surgery may be done to remove all or parts of the uterus; if there are any associated problems in fallopian tubes/ ovaries, they may also be removed simultaneously, during hysterectomy.
Types of hysterectomy procedures
Hysterectomy may be done through surgical cuts in the belly, known as abdominal hysterectomy or through vaginal hysterectomy where the uterus is removed through the vagina. Majority of the hysterectomies are now done with laproscope, due to the advantage of faster recovery. Which procedure is chosen will depend on why the hysterectomy is being performed along with the medical history of the patient.
Depending on the reason of the surgery, removal of the whole uterus or just parts of it may be required. The types of surgery are:
- Partial hysterectomy is the removal of just the uterus while keeping the cervix in place
- Total hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and cervix
- Radical hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, lymph nodes, cervix and the upper part of the vagina, and is generally only advised in cases of cancer
- Oophorectomy is the removal of ovaries and it may be done with a hysterectomy
Why is it needed?
There may be many reasons to have a hysterectomy and some of them include:
These may be very uncomfortable and painful, sometimes caused by other diseases. A hysterectomy may be opted for when all other treatments have failed to treat this condition.
They are non-malignant tumors in the uterus that cause constant bleeding, anemia and pelvic pain along with bladder pressure. They may also cause very heavy periods.
It is a condition where the tissue lining the uterus also grows on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, or pelvic or abdominal organs. It causes severe abdominal pain, heavy periods and sometimes even infertility.
When the tissues and ligaments supporting the uterus become weak, the uterus may slip down from its normal position and descend into the vagina. It can result in urinary incontinence (leakage of urine), pressure in the pelvis and problems in bowel movements.
Cancer of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tube, cervix or the lining of the uterus (endometrium)
A hysterectomy may be recommended for these types of cancers.
My Beta hug level is 1723 and on ultrasound doc could not locate gestational sac? Is it ectopic pregnancy.
I have doing sex with my fiance before 2 days but after 2 days she vomiting and not good health she is pregnant or not? I also used condom and my sperm is in condom I see this.
- Do track your daily temperature if you are trying to get pregnant.
- Track your ovulation by taking your temperature first thing each morning (before you even get out of bed) using a digital basal body temperature thermometer -- an oral thermometer available in drugstores everywhere.
- Record your temperature each day.
- When you see it spike, you'll know that ovulation has occurred and you are ready to make a baby
- It would be a smart move to start taking prenatal vitamins now. Although they're called prenatals, pregnancy-formula vitamin supplements are just as crucial for women trying to conceive because they contain nutrients such as folic acid and iron that a developing baby needs during the first few weeks -- before you even know you're pregnant.