Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gitika AroraYour feedback matters!
I'm married in 7 month only my wife not get pregnant but missed period what she do get pregnant early.
I want twins baby . Is it in our hand or its just naturally happens . If yes, What have to do having twins?
I have hairs on side locks of my face. Is it a symptom of pcos. How would I get to know. And should I go for laser treatment. Help me out.
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
We have got just married. Contraceptive pill as unwanted 72 has been taken by me twice. Is unwanted 72 harmful for pregnancy later ?
Hello doc, it's been two years I have been trying for a baby but I am left with nothing but two miscarriages in a year. I have gone through so many y tests and I those I have come up with thyroid at it's margin. The problem in both the pregnancies were of stability of baby. In both the times, after every third month the cardiac activity of baby was stopped. Suggest me what to do.
Traditionally, the use of honey stretches back to time immemorial. It is still considered one of the most precious gifts of nature to mankind. Modern research also suggests that honey has unique medicinal and nutritional properties. Honey should be incorporated in your daily diet as it is one food which is naturally beneficial for your overall health and does have any side effects.
Following are the traditional uses of honey, according to ayurveda:
1. Prevents anemia: Honey contains high amounts of iron, manganese and copper which are very essential for building hemoglobin. According to ancient texts, honey is a traditional cure as well as prevention for anemia as it helps in maintaining the optimum level of red blood corpuscles and hemoglobin.
2. Promotes eye health: Honey has been used to treat various eye diseases since ancient times. It is known to improve vision with daily application. It is an effective cure against diseases like conjunctivitis, trachoma or even something as minor as eye itching. It is also beneficial to treat glaucoma in the early stages.
3. Skin care: Ancient texts on ayurveda mention that external application of honey is effective in curing sores or other wounds. It works like an antiseptic and helps to soothe pain and hastens the healing process. It is also used to treat skin burns or carbuncles.
4. Cure for coughs: Honey is extremely useful in treating coughs. It works as a demulcent which aids in soothing the swollen mucous membrane present on the upper respiratory tract. It relieves you from irritating coughs and associated symptoms like frequent spurts of cough while talking and difficulty in swallowing. It is a chief ingredient in ayurvedic cough syrups for the same reason. You can also try honey gargles to relieve pain from throat inflammation.
My stomach fat is increasing more and more post pregnancy. Gain around 10 kg in 2 years after delivery. I am trying to get flat stomach. Please suggest. My height is 148 cm and weight 59 kg.
Maine period ke ek din sex kiya aor period khtm hone ke agle din kiya kya main pregnant ho jaongi. please confirm me
1. Minimize outdoor activities when pollen counts are highest
“The most common spring-specific allergen is treepollen,” One of the best ways to avoid this is to minimize your activities outdoors when pollen counts are at their peak, typically in the early mornings. Warm, dry, and windy weather also contributes to higher pollen levels. With pollen counts varying day by day, it’s best to check online for local pollen levels before heading outside.
2. Protect your eyes when working outdoors
If you need to work outdoors, we recommend wearing goggles or sunglasses to protect your eyes. If you do get allergens in your eyes, flush them out with eye-drop antihistamines.
3. Wear a mask to avoid breathing in allergens
“Pollen is the most common cause of season allergies,” which makes spring and summer the most challenging time for allergy sufferers. Our noses act as filters and traps airborne substances like pollen. To avoid breathing in these allergens, I suggest wearing a mask while working in the garden or going for a hike.
4. Spring clean your home
Believe it or not, indoor air is more polluted than outdoor air, containing 10 times more pollutants. By spring cleaning your home for top to bottom, you can improve indoor air quality and reduce allergens. Decrease the number of surfaces where dust can collect (including getting rid of stuffed animals), swap out carpets for hard wood floor (if possible), and keep upholstered furniture to a minimum. I advice using a good vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter to remove allergens before they get kicked up in the air.
5. Invest in a HEPA filter for your air purifier
“Obtaining an air-conditioner or HEPA filter can keep pollen out of the home.HEPA filters, or High Efficiency Particulate Air filters, work by trapping small particles like pollen, pet dander, dust mites and tobacco smoke.
6. Create a dust-free bedroom
“Heavier allergens like dust tend to settle on surfaces or drop to the floor where a filter cannot trap it.Dust can contain triggers like mold, pet dander, and dust mites. If you have carpeting in your bedroom, vacuum at least two times a week—more if you have pets. And to avoid dust mites in the bedroom, “Encase your pillows, mattress, and box springs in dust mite proof covers. If you can’t wrap it up, wash it in hot water with some regularity. Keep the head of the bed uncluttered. Maintain a relative humidity of under 50%.”
7. Check the bathroom for mold
Household mold is one of the most common causes of allergies, including asthma. “Even if you don’t use that bathroom often, get rid of the mold. There are a number of cleaners that work. If they fail, there are professionals who will get rid of it.” Mold thrives in cold, damp areas. To keep mold at bay, ensure your bathroom has proper ventilation. Run the exhaust fan or leave the window open when taking a shower.
Mujhe periods time me bhot pain hota h legs or stomach me. Phele me "aroshe" tonic leti thi pain nhi hota tha. Ab ye tonic nhi aata. Iska koi alternative h. jisse pain na ho.
I'm married but I had pcod now Dr. saying pcod is not tere instead of that endometric cyst there are so what is the possible rate to get pregnant.
The study explains the relationship between diabetes and vitamin d. Irrespective of weight. Men with low vitamin d are susceptible to pre diabetes and diabetes specially type 2. Vitamin d is naturally produced by the skin after it is exposed to sunlight. Anothef source of vitamin d is milk that has been fortified with vitamin d. And over 1 billion people the world over suffer from vitamin d deficiency