Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gitanjali
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GitanjaliYour feedback matters!
Vaginal bleeding is something that most women experience between their periods when they are not due for a menstrual cycle. It is considered as an abnormal occurrence when you bleed before you are expecting your menstrual period, or after you are done with your monthly cycle. It is usually characterised by bouts of spotting where a thick brown reddish discharge may be experienced. Also, this kind of bleeding is considered abnormal if it occurs during pregnancy or menopause.
Here are a few causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding:
- Hormones: An imbalance in the hormones like the estrogen and progesterone can lead to abnormal vaginal bleeding. These are the hormones that help in regulation of the monthly menstrual cycles. An imbalance can occur due to side effects caused by birth control pills that may not suit the individual, a contraceptive patch, or even contraceptive implants and injections. Further, an intrauterine device may also be the cause for this kind of bleeding. The hormonal balance can also get affected due to internal ailments like a dysfunctional thyroid gland and ovaries.
- Pregnancy and Delivery: Some amount of spotting is considered normal in the first trimester of one's pregnancy. Yet, severe bleeding and persistent spotting must be reported to the gynaecologist immediately. Women also bleed for a while after the delivery of the baby, in the postpartum period. This may also happen when an abortion takes place as the uterus may not have come back to its original size and due to remaining foetal tissues within. Complications during the pregnancy like an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage can also lead to such kind of bleeding. An ectopic pregnancy is one where the egg gets implanted in the fallopian tube instead of entering and implanting itself in the uterus.
- Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are usually considered as non-malignant and non-cancerous growths within the uterus. These are common in many women who have gone through childbirth. These fibroids can also cause some amount of bleeding and spotting.
- Infections: When there is an infection in the reproductive organs like the ovaries and uterus of the patient, there may be some amount of bleeding. An infection in this area can also cause inflammation, which is one of the primary causes of abnormal bleeding. This can also occur due to a sexually transmitted disease or STD, as well as painful intercourse and sexual abuse which can lead to scarring as well.
- Cancer: One of the least common causes includes cervical, ovarian and other forms of cancer.
Simple ways to show courtesy.
1. Don't break up with someone over text messages.
2. In case you miss a call, drop a message as soon as possible if you're unable to call.
3. Pay back borrowed money as soon as possible no matter how little the amount is. Don't assume that they don't need it and never make them ask you for it.
4. Turn the volume down when you're watching a video, playing music or playing a game on your phone in a public place or better yet, use headphones.
5. Don't press your phone or use headphones when someone is having a conversation with you. Unplug the headsets from your ears even if nothing is playing and give them your undivided attention.
6. When using someone else's phone or computer, don't go through their stuff without permission.
7. Always leave the last piece (of meat) for the person who bought it unless they insist they won't eat it.
8. Don't use speaker phone to have a two person conversation unless your hand are unable to hold the phone.
9. When someone else cooks for you, offer to help clean the kitchen.
10. If you stay the night at someone's house, make the bed or fold the blankets when you leave.
11. Don't let your arguments escalate in public. Find some where else to continue arguing where others won't feel uncomfortable or interested.
12. If you ask your friends for help with some house work, feed them as payment.
13. When someone buys you food or coffee, try to return the favour within a week (if You can)
14. When you borrow someone's car, fill up the tank as a way of saying'thank you'
15. Don't smoke when someone around is feeling uncomfortable. (so wrong)
16. Make sure you don't forget to return that book you borrowed.
17. When someone gives you a gift, no matter how small it is or the way it was presented, even if it wasn't up to your expectation, just say'thank you.
18. When you have someone deserving of Your respect by way of age or status who's friendly and makes himself free with you, speak to them with respect.
19. Don't feel too big to be corrected or reject good advice because you feel it's your life.
Hello Doctor, My last month period was on aug 6 to 9, this month's date was exceeded and till my period was not started Nd I checked pregnancy test on 5of sep it was negative, will be any chances of getting pregnant doc, I excepting kid please suggest me, my last abortion was in month of April so I used folic acid tabs for 3 months, after completing 3 months I was stopped using that folic acid tabs. Please help me out should I continue till get pregnant or not. Please help me. I want to conceive asap.
Hello sir/mam first of all I would like to thank this website n doctors who are helping us here. I and my gf did not hav sex but my penis touched twice to hr vagina but she had taken unwanted 72 pill. On 14th day she did salt preg test, it shows negative so we r relaxed for tht but her expected period date is tmw 24th, wts the max delay of periods when taking unwanted 72. She took ir on 9th of this month its been two weeks. How long will it delay? Wts the limit to delay Thanks in advance sir/mam.
Hey i'm a 17 years old virgin guy. My girlfriend and I've just decided to have sex but there is a lot to worry. We want to minimise the risk of pregnancy as far as possible. Is the pull and pray method something to rely upon? Can I wash my penis before sex to remove the dirt or precum and then remove my penis from her when I'm about to ejaculate?
My wife is becoming very week due to heavy bleeding. Now her bleeding is reducing day by day. How to recover her soon. What type of food and fruit she has to take for faster recovery. Pls inform.
The impact of weather and the natural world on human health is multifarious. The science that pertains to atmospheric effects on the body is known as biometeorology and experts in this field have conducted various tests and studies to determine the nature of the relationship between changes in weather patterns and the health of human beings.
Some of the ways in which seasonal and atmospheric changes in weather affect human health are as follows:
- Migraines and Headaches: People who are susceptible to frequent attacks of headaches and migraines are easily affected by changes in weather. Falling atmospheric pressure, spikes in temperature and increase in humidity can lead to these conditions.
- Asthma attacks: Fluctuations in weather patterns are known to cause asthma attacks in those who suffer from respiratory conditions. This happens especially in the case of thunderstorms or sudden temperature drops.
- Stiffening of joints: The onset of cold and damp weather conditions are known to cause joint stiffness. Those who suffer from chronic joint pain and arthritis suffer the most when the weather turns for the worse.
- Allergies: Many people blame the occurrence of allergy related symptoms to the presence of pollen in the air during spring. But in certain cases, anomalies in atmospheric pressure, temperature and humidity can lead to the onset of allergies and related symptoms such as incessant coughing, sneezing and nasal congestion.
- Cardiovascular disorders: Low temperatures create a lot of risks for those who suffer from heart conditions and other cardiovascular disorders. Cold weather impairs functioning of the arteries by constricting them and can lead to heart attacks and strokes. Harsh winters and cold waves are problematic for heart patients as their thermoregulatory systems are poorly equipped to deal with the drop in mercury levels.
- Skin diseases: The skin is the first line of defense against external factors like changes in the temperature. Hot and humid weather can cause skin rashes and eczema, leading to itchiness and irritation. On the other hand, cold and windy climes are known to make the skin rough and dehydrated. Hence, temperature fluctuations adversely affect skin health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.