Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gita Prasad KaushalYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctors, Is there any impact for taking CT scan for brain for 3 months baby. Yesterday my son fell down from cot around 2 feet night so doctor advised to take CT scan for brain? Please suggest.
I had my delivery 6 months before and I had a gestational diabetes. Now again after 6 months I am getting the same symptoms of diabetes. Can this affect me and my baby as my baby is on feeding.
My 7 month old baby girl has viral fever and is under paracetamol drops medication. I got her urine routine test done which shows 20-40 WBC/hpf and positive leucocyte esterase. Does this mean that she has UTI or it could be because she already has viral infection.
My baby is 9 months nw and is active but his weight is below 8 kg .should I use any vitamis to increase his weight
Hi, Good day to you doctor. My kid is about 4 years and 3 months. My kid is boy baby. He is very very active and I should say extra active in playing, speaking and in terms of thinking as well. He is taking food properly on time as well. But the problem is he is not at all putting up weight. His weight is around 14 kgs only. Pls do advice me whether I need to provide any tonic or powder to gain his weight. Thanks in advance Regards, Magesh. R.
Hi Doctor, My one month old baby left kindly shows mild hydronephrosis with renal pelvis measuring 11mm. Hence doctor suggested us to undergo blood and urine test. Both the tests are normal and there is no urine infection. Now doctor suggested for Reneal isotope scan (DMSA). Will there be any side effects from the scan. Please suggest what needs to be done.
My son does not eat properly. Bt he sleeps for a long time. He studies in l. Kg standard n wen sleeps in d event he wakes up in mng. In d meanwhile he takes sm milk vd feeder n nothing else. We it affect his health. Shud he sleep for a long tm.
My 8 month old daughter is having very less hair on her head compared to kids of that age. Her eyebrows and everything is normal. I have tried oil massage and all that and have shaved her head twice also but still the hair is very less. Should I consult a skin specialist or would you suggest any medicine. We are getting worried thus request your advice and suggestion.
My baby is 15 months old, he don't like milk. He is not drinking milk even 100 ml daily. So please suggest how we can give him milk, can we add any supplementary powder to get the taste changed. He has only 4 teeth as of now, so what medicine we can give him for getting his complete teeth soon with more problem.
My 8 years old son gets cough and cold often what is the correct medicine for him he has breathing problem to he has mild heart valve problem with. Doctor said not to worry he his not taking any medicine for it.
Teens who are overweight or obese and even those in the high range of normal body mass index face an increased risk of death from heart disease and stroke in middle age. Obese teenagers were five times more likely to die of coronary artery disease by middle age compared to those of normal weight. This study stresses the importance of maintaining a healthy weight during childhood and adolescence. As a significantly number of overweight and Obese teens has grown substantially in recent years.
Hello Our baby is one month old. From last 5-7 days she is passing urine after long hours like 5-6 hours. She is having cough also and her nose is also a bit jam. She also takes out her tongue very frequently with a lot saliva. She is also taking less feed. She takes very less feed and she keeps sleeping all the time and avoids feed for 3-4 hours. She takes very less feed and then again goes back to sleep. Please advice.
My daughter is advised to take attentrol10mg. She is 18 year old. She get lost and does not pay attention continuously. So doctor told us now that she is having ADHD problem. I just want to ask is it genetic or due to some other reason?
Hello mera abhi 4 oct ko baby boy hua h operation SE wo din me 20-25 baar poti karta h mujhe bahot tention ho rhi h please bataiye main kya karu.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.