Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Girraj AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am from chattisgarh, ambikapur, my premature baby admitted in ekta hospital before 4 month (born 6 month 1 days, born weigh 750g) running 4 month weigh 2.7 kg, before problem septicemia, meningitis, recent problem hydrocephalus. Running medicine gardenal 2ml every night, and diamox 250mg (50mg) 3 times every day. please help me mujhe kya karma chahiye, kya is disease ka treatment medicinal ho sake hai?
Baby boy 3.5 months old had his 3rd DTaP vaccine yesterday. Previous 2 doses were painless ones. Baby didn't get fever at all. Is it okay? Does it mean that the Baby is not producing enough antibodies to fight? Please clarify my doubt! Thank you.
My 4 years son attained a dinner party yesterday. He is vomiting everything 4 hrs after eating anything. I am giving ondem 7.5ml today in the night and give food after 30mnt of medication. But again he vomit everything after 2 hrs of giving food. Within these 14hrs he vomited 4 times. I am afraid. Please help me any experienced pediatric doctor.
Meri baby 3 years ki he uske liye weight chart and height chart bataiye .aur under weight rahega aur height kaa hogi to kya karna chahiye please send ans.
My baby is 5month old. Her weight was 2.5 kg at the time of birth now she is 7.4kg.She is only breast fed and no formals are given. Is she obess? What should I do?
My baby is 3 month old. I have started weaning him. I give him powdered biscuits mixed in water. Wat food cn I give him ? Cm I go him fruits mashed or blended.
Hi my son is almost 6 yrs old and has been suffering from fever on and off for the last 2 and half months. We took all tests including urine test, blood test, chest x ray, ultrasound on the abdomen. All tests were normal but the blood test alone showed that crp count was raising every time the test was taken. He has been on antibiotics (amoxicillin, pencilin, augmentin, pencilin iv) for the last 2 months and still falling sick almost every alternate week. While the doctors say there is some infection that is causing the crp count to increase they are not able to say what is causing it. Should I be worried? should I take him for a full medical checkup for thorough examination? please note that for the last 2 months they were diagnosing as tonsillitis, viral infection, bladder infection, possible pneumonia but nothing came out positive in the tests. He does complain of eye irritation and pain in testicles sometimes. Please provide your insights.
I am having a baby boy six months 22 days old he is having a PDA size 3mm and having shrinkage in one of his bicuspid valve in heart. Is there possibility that PDA can be filled on its own. Kindly suggest what is required to be done.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.