Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Girish RahejaYour feedback matters!
I always suffer from mucus in my throat. One side of nose is always block. Even I have wheezing problem as well. When I take medicine then problem is solved temporarily. I have been suffering from this problem for the last 10 years. I want to know is their any treatment available in alopathic. Or should I go for ayurvedic. I want to know one more thing. Is this a worry problem. Or not.
I am suffering a ear problem. My ears are most of time remain wet. May be that causes less listening power of me. Suggest me what to do?
Generally I suffer from breathing problem on bed as my nostrils get blocked when I prefer to sleep in A. C. Also I starts sneezing continuously when I wash my face with cold water in the morning after waking up. Tell what should I do get relief from this problem.
i am facing a problems like dizziness / blackout / unbalance for some time. one doctor is saying its vertigo virus another is saying it is cervical. pl help me out ?
I have a problem of throat infection that often CME when ever I drink water from outside any water apart frm my home water affects my throat the pain is very severe that I am unable to swallow my own saliva I even get fever bcoz of that pain. I can't carry my water bottle where ever I go please help.
I'm having nasal infection .I hav used spray also bt it didn't heal me completely .still my nose get closed alternately .its nt wet bt it get closed .its been so long more Dan 3 years .and I feel some sticky mucus like thing in my throat. Because of it I cnt speak properly also. Doctor advised me to use but bt it didn't work long. I guess these two r connected to each other .please help me . Thnk you.
I am 21 year old male suffering from some kind of ear infection. There has constant inching in there. Due to exam schedule m ant able to consult any doctors so please suggest what should I do.
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment however has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.