Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish Chhabra
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Girish ChhabraYour feedback matters!
I am 30 weeks pregnant and two days ago I had gas problem. My doc prescribed pantop and duvadilan. It helped with gas but then I started feeling pain in my naval area. My doc said I had umbilical hernia. It's quite painful in my case but she says it cannot be cured as I am pregnant. Also she examined me internally and says baby has come down a little bit and prescribed rest for two weeks. I have following queries 1. I am doing very less physical activity and mostly lying on bed with pillow under my feet. Can this help in umbilical hernia. 2. I am bothered by the pain at night and cannot sleep properly. Also I am quite afraid of this hernia and how it might impact my baby. Can it be cured on its own. What all shall I avoid or do in order to cure it. 3. My doc says that the pains that I had was not because of gas and should have felt like labour pains. I am not sure how to distinguish the hernia pain and labour pain. Also please let me know how common is hernia during pregnancy? Am I the only one having it or is it a common problem?
I have a problem in my knee after an accident. It does not create problem except cycling. What should I do?
I am having some problem in my left knee after my accident on my Bullet bike. I fall down on my Left knee and after that it's not good.
I am 21 years old and I have problem of low back pain. I even did many tests and in the result I gt hlab27 positive. Is it curable? the pain even sometimes increases to upper back and it pains the whole, I can't bent properly. Treatment going but not satisfying me. Please help.
It's been 15 days since I had my acl reconstruction surgery. Should I open my stitches now and how to know my surgery is successful?
Hey. I am 29 years old male I have pain in joint knee on right leg. I do exercises on regular basis (Gym). Please suggest cure.
My mom has a heel pain .specially in the morning after sleep. She some times can even step out of the bed. Could you pls help. Thank u.
I practice shuttle-badminton regularly but since a month I get shoulder pain after practice ,I also tried some medications but not helpful ,pain is even more severe when I sleepy what may be the reason?
Causes and symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, which is characterized by the inflammation of the joint lining and gives rise to pain, stiffness, warmth and redness in the joints. The inflammation occurs in the tissue that normally produces lubricating fluids for the joint. This condition is progressive in nature, and can cause the destruction of joints, leading to functional and locomotive disability.
Though rheumatoid arthritis is a disease that can last for years, patients may not experience any symptoms for a long time. In some cases, the disease may affect other parts of the body like the eyes, lungs, and the heart.
The severity and duration of the symptoms are unpredictable, and the symptoms experienced are:
- At times, people experience increased disease conditions called flare-ups.
- They may also experience alternating periods when the symptoms fade or diminish, which is referred to as remission.
- Some of the common symptoms of the disease include lasting pain and stiffness for more than an hour in the morning, inflammation, fatigue, fever, and a general sense of discomfort.
- Inflammation in the joints close to the hands like wrists and fingers and other parts like neck, shoulders, elbows, knees and hips can also be affected.
- In some cases, both sides of the body are affected at the same time, which is known as inflammation in a symmetric pattern.
Rheumatoid arthritis is usually caused by the body's weakened immune system, which produces antigens to attack itself. The trigger to this reaction is not yet clearly deciphered.
It is diagnosed by clinical examination (American association of Rheumatology criterion) supported by relevant Investigations.
Management for Arthritis includes the following aspects:
1) To control disease activity and control of symptoms of pain, stiffness.
2) Medical treatment to prevent system effects of the disease.
3) Nonmedical treatments comprise of dietary therapy, physiotherapy, immunomodulation therapy.
4) Minimal surgical therapy like arthroscopic synovectomy to confirm the diagnosis as well as reduce disease activity. At times, with the advanced decline of joints, a major surgery like replacement therapy may be required for specific cases.
What's more important is to know that at any stage of the disease patient can adopt and live an active life with appropriate treatment.
Related Tip: 3 Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis to Watch Out for