Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. GirdharYour feedback matters!
Doctor I have a problem to my eyes so I don't see clearly why? I take all the medicines. So I asking to you how to treat myself. And one more problem to pain in my legs I do not walking faster why?
I'm 17 and have planned for joining indian air force for which I am successful in cracking all the hurdles except for vision test. I have myopia. And want to go for laser surgery before 18 as per my exams for air foreNDA. Please please consult me.
Hello sir my name is Thirupathi. My eyes are paining from the last 5 days. I always be in front of computer system for my job purpose. So please tell me the solution of my problem.
I am sourav 20 years old male. For last 2 days my two eyes are becoming reddish. And when I go out in sun then it is more reddish and itchy. I am using a drop gatilox dm but no improve. So what should I do?
I am suffering from pain in my eyes and have fewer 102.4 right now yesterday it was 101.9 In night my feet start paining and burning What I have to do my blood sugar test and TSH is normal.
Eat seasonal fruits and never skip your meal.
In the afternoon the redness of my eyes increases which gradually decreases in night and sometimes its there when I wake up in the morning.
I am 24 years old and having red eye in right and bottom position of right eye only for past 1 week. In addition, little bit of pain too in the right eye since yesterday. What should I do? Also I work a lot on my laptop.
My power in both eyes was - 1.75 D for the past 8 years now it became - 2.00. Should I do Lasik? I heard it's not safe. How can I fix this. Wearing specs have only worsened my situation. I am a pure vegan I haven't eaten any meat or fish or eggs in my life. I do drink milk. Also I feel like getting old. My hair is starting to get Grey. I am only 22. Is there any alternative for Lasik.
When my sister are in Class 3 (2010) ,She was strike on his head (behind eye) from Wooden Door. After we check up his head, in CT scan Report there was Normal. But From Last Yrs His Head was in pain Back Side of his Head. Every doctor Check up His Head in ,But no difference. Can You Give Sum Suggestions Regarding This.
I have blur vision only 20 percent. Doctor suggested me Lasik. Can it improve my vision. How does it cost.
I have red eyes from last five days, and at morning, myhhh eyes have some mud. PlZzz suggest some medicine.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.