Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GilYour feedback matters!
I am having pcos. 3 months before my weight was 61 and suddenly I found a hike in my weight 71 kgs. And for two months I dint have any period. Doctor gave me meprate and period problem was solved. But how do I combat with this weight gain. I have tried being on wheat diet and am doing exercises. But there seem to be no considerable weightloss.
A breast lump deserves medical attention. Know what to expect during a clinical breast exam — and what happens when a lump needs further evaluation.
If you find a breast lump or other change in your breast, you might worry about breast cancer.
That's understandable — but remember that breast lumps are common. Most often they're noncancerous (benign), particularly in younger women. Still, no matter how old you are, it's important to have any breast lump evaluated by a doctor, especially if it's new and feels different from surrounding breast tissue.
How breast tissue normally feels
Breasts contain tissues of varying consistency. The glandular tissue in the upper, outer part of the breast usually feels slightly rope-like, bumpy or lumpy (nodular).The surrounding fat tissue, often felt in the inner and lower parts of the breast, is soft and less nodular or lumpy than the upper, outer breast.
You might find that breast-related symptoms, such as tenderness or lumpiness, change with your menstrual cycle. Breast tissue also changes as you age, typically becoming more fatty and less dense.
When to consult your doctor
Being familiar with how your breasts normally feel makes it easier to detect when there's a change in your breasts.
Consult your doctor if:
You find a new breast lump
A new breast lump or breast pain doesn't go away after your next period
An existing breast lump gets bigger or otherwise changes
You notice skin changes on your breast, such as redness, crusting, dimpling or puckering
You notice changes in your nipple — it turns inward (inversion) or appears flatter, for instance
You notice spontaneous nipple discharge from one breast that's clear, yellow, brown or red
I have periods range of 25 to 30 days cycle. I married one year before. We were trying to have a baby in our lives, but unfortunately not happening. So I walked to a gynecologist, she took follicular scan on 13th and 15th days. After that she told me that there are no ovulation changes at all. Does it really mean I am not ovulating, and what will I do in this case. I am really worried a lot about this, I don't know what can I do now. I am not able to control myself with out crying. Please suggest me and help me to come out of this.
We had sex twice – first time I used two condoms and second time I used only one. Do you think I should have used two condoms the second time?
She had a cold – is there any possibility of getting HIV that way?
She used an old cloth to clean my penis; could that cause HIV? She performed oral sex on me – is there any possibility of getting HIV?
Please help me. I am very worried. When should I get checked for HIV?
Here we try to answer the concerns expressed in the question in parts:
If two condoms are better than one: In case of condoms the phrase ‘two is better than one’ doesn’t hold true. In fact it’s more dangerous to use two since there’s added friction which can result in them tearing. And yes it’s possible to get HIV (if the aforementioned sex worker has HIV) even while using a condom if there’s a hole which is too minuscule to be visible to the naked eye. Here is all you should know about how not to use a condom.
If common cold could initiate transmission of HIV: HIV can’t be transmitted from one person to another the way the common cold or other flu spread. You can’t get HIV from someone if they have a cough or cold. The only way you can get HIV is through interchange of body fluids which can happen through sexual intercourse, blood transfusion, sharing injections (common among intravenous drug users) or similar methods where the blood or other fluids are transferred
If using an old cloth spread HIV: It’s impossible to get HIV from a cloth, because the virus can’t survive outside the body, it needs a temperature of 37 degree Celsius. Even if the cloth had HIV positive blood it’s a highly unlikely source of transmission.
If oral sex can lead to HIV infection: Yes it’s possible to get HIV through oral sex though the chances of transmission are fairly low.
When to go for a test: To find out when to get tested you can check out this article on testing for HIV. And finally a word of advice, not only are you risking sexually transmitted diseases like HIV but you’re also exploiting someone who’s probably been forced into that lifestyle because of circumstances beyond her control. Doesn’t that make you feel any sort of remorse? And let’s not forget it’s against our country’s laws. So stop visiting prostitutes and get a life. Read to find out if it is possible that we put an end to HIV/AIDS together.
Dear Sir/Mam I hav read somewhere on net that by doing oral sex with women there are strong chances of having throat cancer? please tell me about the adverse effect of oral sex.
Can I have some tips about how to penetrate a virgin girl. Im facing difficulties when im about to penetrate. Should I take sildenafil citrate pills for better results? I want tips.
I'm 19 years of age. I have sex frequently with my boyfriend without protection. Because I have irregular period. So I will not be able to get pregnant please tell me am I right?
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am 28 years and having pcod. I am irregular with periods with a gap of 50-60 days. This month I didnt get periods after 75 days. What shall I do?
This is the first time I took I-pill. How long will it take for me to get back to my normal state. Will it effect my future pregnancy like if I want to get pregnant after 2 years?
Sir I was married. With out pregnancy I want sex with my wife. With out any safety. Which time will do sex.
Irregular dating menses problem in women at the age of 25, what is the cause for it and whether it effect to child birth problem?
Dr. Meri ye first pregnency he. Kal hi meri pregnency ko five month hua. Lekin mujhe baby ki koi movement hi nahi hoti. Me normal jese hi hu. Please Dr. Reply me.
Hi. I had intercourse 6-7 days prior to my periods date. The guy had ejaculated inside. Can that lead to pregnancy? If yes how to avoid it. My periods date was on 3 oct. I have not yet got my periods.
I wanted to ask if I would sex with my girl friend with out any protection and I doubt that she might get pregnant and she took precautions tablet so do that have any side effect.
I am a single. I just had a break-up with my loved one. My girlfriend. We were in deep relationship. We had immense love. But not she got married. I am missing her every fraction of second. I am hungry for love. Just love. I need that care, love. What do I do ? All negative thoughts are coming to my mind. Since I am cultured I cannot afford to do any stupid mistakes. Please help me, and tell me how to get out of it.
Post-pregnancy weight can be difficult to get rid of. It is a gradual process and often takes time. Experts are of the view that hormonal imbalance and a sudden increase in the diet are the major cause of the additional weight. This being said, shedding weight is possible if a consistent effort is made on a daily basis. Here is a list of hat tips to get you started:
- Walk every day: Walking 5 minutes a day does the world of good in the endeavor of shedding weight. Post the 6-week check-up after the arrival of the baby, the duration of walking can be increased. Brisk walking for half an hour can help the body to weight as much as 300 calories a day.
- Weight training- Weight training is one of the best forms of exercise to lose weight quickly. If hitting a gym is a problem, a personal trainer can be hired for working out. Certain exercises such as lifting small weights, doing lunges is a good way to start.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding for a time duration of 30-45 minutes (about3-4 times a day) helps to lose 600-800 calories per day. Some women even report of shedding all their extra weight just through breastfeeding. This is by far the easiest way of losing weight.
- Say no to calories- Calories, by all means, will have to be avoided. Certain fast food items such as soda, chocolate, and chips should not be consumed at all. Instead, meals rich in nutrient, fresh vegetable, fruits, whole grains etc. should be consumed on a daily basis.
- Frequent meals- 2 to 3 heavy meals a day are detrimental to a person trying to shed weight. Frequent meals, on the other hand, maintain a steady blood sugar level, reduce the tendency of over-eating and do not let fat store in the body.
- Frequent naps- Studies show that frequent naps can help a great deal of weight. It reduces the craving of eating food with high calorie. It also revitalizes the metabolism and refrains a person from long term self-deprivation. Naps will also help to gather enough energy to perform other physical activities.
- Healthy snacks- Home-made snacks containing whole wheat, low-fat milk and yogurt are good snack options for post pregnancy weight loss. These snacks block hormones that are responsible for storage of fat in the body.
- Yoga or meditation- Yoga has proved to be extremely effective for women trying to shed post-pregnancy weight. It especially helps in toning down the fat in the upper and lower abdomen which is extremely difficult to get rid of. Yoga also relaxes the mind and helps to focus more.
- Consumption of warm water- Drinking warm water after every meal serves two purposes.
- It doesn’t let the fat store inside the body.
- It helps in better digestion. It has to be ensured that the water is mildly warm and drinkable.
- Avoid stress- Nurturing a baby is exhausting enough. Stress on top of this can be disastrous. It leads to depression resulting into junk eating. It has to be ensured that stress is avoided by engaging in activities such as cooking, painting or listening to music. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.