Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ghanshyam Desai
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ghanshyam DesaiYour feedback matters!
My ankle was twisted. And ligament are teared now , and there here hair line crack in my fibula bone. My ankle is get swollen after I put my ankle on floor. Doctor has given me the advice to take a rest up to 3. Week .How much time it will take to recover from this? And any solution to reduce ankle swelling. On plaster?
Good morning sir. I am 39 years male .I've been using measures for past 15 days for knee pain. I'm also regular walker and I walk for 45 min a day. Pls suggest whether to continue or not. Thank you.
Sir, i am suffering from joint. Pains swelling, stiffness(fingers, palm, knees and foot) since after chigungunya, at present I am taking treatment from orthopedic Dr. Aravindam from rajahmundry, he suggested tab. Sazo-500 mg, sorez along with some multivitamin tables( since one month) but no response, my uric acid is 5. 8 mg/dil. Every thing is alright, you suggest me better treatment for relief . Regards
I am having back pain and I need to work for 9 hrs in office. I am 27 year old male, suggest me few exercises that can relief me.
Hi Doctor, Since past one month I am facing pain in my back. Last month I got to know that I have UTI and the doctor gave me some antibiotic injections (Magnex Forte) for 7 days. After that I got my urine culture done again and there was no infection. I got MCUG Test done as well and there was no problem. The doctor gave me Cefoprim tablets for 1 month. I am still experiencing pain in my back sometimes. Please tell me why the pain is still there. I am 23 year old male.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!