Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Geetika BansalYour feedback matters!
I have amblyopia in the right eye diagnosed today. I am 22 years old. I have been prescribed with glasses and some ocular exercises. I am worried that will I go blind in future because some say that it is untreatable?
Hii Doctors. I m 19 years old and my height is around 5 foot 1 inch. I want to make my height around 6.3 so tell me what is height age limit and what I do for improving my self in low cost. please reply.
I suffer from frequent headaches. And most of the times my eyes are red watery. Whats the problem? Whom should I consult. An eye specialist or Neurologist?
While the very mention of the word ‘Farting’ makes some of you cringe and cover your nose, you can’t ignore the sheer obviousness of the whole process. It is as natural as eating, drinking, sleeping & other daily habits you associate yourself with. Farting occurs mainly when the air is trapped within your body. Air might be swallowed during eating or from intestinal gas and chemical reactions in the stomach. In hindsight, farting can be a good thing. Don’t think so?
Here are 5 reasons for you to believe that farting is actually wonderful and not as gross as you think it might be:
- The hydrogen sulphide present in the fart is poisonous and smelly, but if used in small amount, is known to be beneficial in the prevention of heart disorders and strokes.
- The smelling farts containing hydrogen sulphide, which is known to be useful for slowing down the ageing process
- Farting, openly and without inhibition, while being in a relationship can actually be considered as taking a step forward in terms of honesty and comfort in the relationship. If you can share the process with your other half without hesitation and can accept the pungency that comes with it, then the relationship is definitely working well.
- Farting can work as a self-defensive mechanism, as proved by recent researchers.
- Holding your fart for a long time might cause uncomfortable conditions, such as bloated bowel movements and haemorrhoids. No matter how much you hold them, the farts will release themselves once you’re relaxed, especially when you’re sleeping.
Bottom-line: Just let it go. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello. My Age. 24. M married but few previous months I have lot of pimples or acne don't know what is it but is little little pimples type on my forehead, Neck & chick how to get rid from this disease?
I am suffering from dry cough on my throat. But the cough is not coming outside. Can you suggest any medicine or treatment?
My wife had treatment for Cancer. And was out of problem since 2013 Sept. Since then is a victim of High B.P AND Depression . Was also patient of Digestive disorder like either constipation or Hyper acidity. Please Guide.
Hello I am from delhi and my question is I have a ringworm problem from 2 month under my arms, I used some cream like ring guard and each guard but they didn't cure my skin. Please tell me the treatment and what I need to do. Thanks.
Dear Sir, Recently I had got tested high triglyceride (676 mg/dl) and low HDL (29. 50 mg/dl) level. It increases my concern. I have height of 5.5 feet and weight of 70 Kgs. Having medication of HBP and diabetes along with Aspirin. Please guide what to do.
Hello doctor I brush twice a day use floss and clean tongue daily but can not get rid of bad breath. When I brush bad breath persist but when I gargle bad breath disappear for 10 min after that it appear again So my question is what is the cause of my bad breath and how to care?
Hello sir, I feel so weakness, and I become tired hurrily while running or while doing any work. Another problem is my foreskin of anus is not on backside like others. The circumference is small. I am 18 year old.
Hello doctor I am jairaj singh rathore I am 2q year old man I am weak in concentration and I feel difficulties in studies please tell me what should I do.
I am having nasal polyps since 3 years. I have already done with ct and pns of nose. And the local ranchi doctors are saying for immediate surgery. Bt I am scared of this and could be able to decide where is the best hospital in india or about doctor to get surgery done. Because the doctor which I consulted to told me no guarantee of full success. Some may be life risk. I m really scared of it. So suggest me sir actual feedback and advice where to get treatment. Thanx in advance.
I have gaps between two front teeth I want to close that but don't want braces Is there any another option for that?
She's my sister he has hearing problem she had her ear operation of both last year due to hole in ear drum she is been taking taking medicines for too long but yet she is not able to hear clearly. Please help with some effective cure.
From last 4 years i am becoming fat day by day, before that i am only 58 kg weight & waist is 28 cm, now it is 36. How I got recovery from it?
The field of Positive Psychology explains this. Research says, one of the signature strengths that such people have is "Gratitude. Gratitude makes them take better care of themselves physically and mentally. It also makes people engage in more proactive and healthy way. It promotes the motivation for exercise, healthy diet and willingness to wriggle out of any negative situations in life. It helps boost your immune system. Since it makes you more optimistic and alert, you cope better with stress and feel healthier.
How to Have An Attitude of Gratitude?
1) Be Mindful of What You Have - Being thankful for very small things actually bring a great amount of joy. Have gratitude for small things like sunlight, rain, flowers, a cup of tea, a caring spouse, a child's laughter. It gives us the resilience to cope with tougher situations.
2) Keep a Gratitude Journal - Every night before going to bed, write down "What was the best thing that happened to you that day. It fosters better sleep and a sense of well being and satisfaction.
3) Reframe Challenging Situations - It's not the situation but our perception of the situation that makes it challenging. You can reframe your reactions and respond by saying that "I may have a very demanding boss, but I have become more organized, patient. It will help you to attend to your work and be cheerful.
4) Practice saying Thank You - It's very simple. When you buy a bus ticket, just smile and say 'Thank You. Feel the first raindrops on your face and smile in gratitude for all the life it brings.
5) Focus your attention outwards - According to Emmons, a US psychology professor, people who are more aware of the positives in their lives tend to focus their attention outside of themselves. They feel complete, satisfied and fulfilled in their lives and are capable of helping the less fortunate ones.
If you have any questions, please click on "Consult Privately.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Are you the one who lives on burgers or packaged foods? Well, then it's time for you to check your diet. These delicious food items that you die for contain excess carbohydrates and unhealthy fats that are extremely dangerous for your health. Most of these food items contain excess of carbs, fats, added sugars and salt. These items do not have sufficient nutritional values. They only offer you high calories that are harmful for the body and its various organs. Researchers have found that when most of these food items were given to lab animals, they yielded dangerous results, offering negative nutritional value to them. Prolonged exposure to these food items can affect the health of the heart, gastrointestinal organs and lead to obesity.
According to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, it has been found that most people underestimate the number of calories intake at a fast-food selling outlet. A 2013 study published in JAMA Pediatrics reveals that individuals consume more calories in restaurants than at their respective home. This trend is quite dangerous. It is responsible for the occurrence of a number of diseases.
Here's why you should avoid fast foods:
- Save your digestive and cardiovascular systems: Fast foods are packed with unhealthy amounts of carbohydrates and fats. When these are consumed, our digestive system breaks down these carbs into sugar or glucose. The glucose is then released into the blood. As the blood is loaded with sugar, pancreas releases insulin hormone into the body. Insulin regulates the transportation of the sugar to cells. As the sugar reaches various cells, pancreas releases another hormone-glucagon. It commands the liver to make use of the sugar. Now, when excess sugar is produced in the body due to intake of fast foods, the balance between insulin and glucagon is hampered and the level of sugar in bloodstream changes. Consequently, you develop type 2 diabetes.
- Check your weight and heart: The added sugars and unsaturated fats in the fast foods lead to obesity. You consume more calories and as a result of which your body weight increases. This is quite dangerous for your health. Under such circumstances, you tend to develop chronic heart diseases due to the increasing levels of cholesterol in your body.
- Your kidney is at risk: Fast foods often contain excess salt. The intake of fast foods changes the level of sodium in the body. Sodium is responsible for maintaining the fluid content in the body. Increasing fluid levels due to intake of excess sodium in the form of salt exerts pressure on the heart muscle and causes high blood pressure. Besides, excess sodium also damages the kidney.
- Protect your respiratory system: According to a study in journal Thorax, children who eat excess fast food are at increased risk of developing asthma and rhinitis. In fact, increased body weight puts extra pressure on your respiratory organs and causes difficulty in breathing.
- Affects central nervous system: Intake of junk food affects the brain synapses and the molecules that are related to the process of memory and learning in both children and adults. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.